Between Rounds

lily64

Cathlete
I'm interested to hear how much time people have taken off from STS between rounds, and what programs or activities have you followed during your off times?

Lily

I did STS early I this year & have taken the past few months to get re-acquainted with Gym Styles (mainly), 4DS (which i only got recently) and then I did a few weeks of total body weight training. i found that i prefer split training just a little more than total boday, but i enjoyed mixing it up.

just yesterday I started STS again, but I am doing a modified version of it. I have always done the traditional 3.5 month rotation, but this time I am going to try upper body only but 4X per week. there is a thread going on abt doing it 6X a week but I know I can't do that. i need to shy away from the leg training until late fall, so I get my leg conditioning from my cycling and I do some floorwork, too. i do endurance mtn bike races and it is better for my riding if i take a break from the weights.

good luck w/ STS. i think you will find a whole myriad of responses of what people do between rounds. i do know one thing, I MISSED STS!! it is the best!

circuit training is my favorite so I always find myself doing that after STS. Also, more cardio in general since I tend to slack on cardio while doing STS, but that's just me :p

Due to injury, i was forced to take off STS, but when i can exercise again, (which i am totally looking fwd to)... I will do Cathe's total body weight workouts 3X per week (STS Tot Body, Hi Reps, Muscle Max, Muscle Endurance) and then cardio 3X Per week, maybe 4. This type of schedule is always very effective for me.

Due to injury, i was forced to take off STS, but when i can exercise again, (which i am totally looking fwd to)... I will do Cathe's total body weight workouts 3X per week (STS Tot Body, Hi Reps, Muscle Max, Muscle Endurance) and then cardio 3X Per week, maybe 4. This type of schedule is always very effective for me.

How are you doing??? Been worrying about you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.