Best DVDs for floor work?

LauraMax

Cathlete
On my other foot thread I mentioned I'll be getting surgery so I won't be able to do standing leg work. I have B&G & L&G. Any other recommendations for my recovery period?

Hi Laura!

I am recovering from menicus surgery and am doing pilates. I cannot kneel on my knee so this working well for me. Plus the side lying floorwork just really seems to get deep into the leg/butt and thigh area. The ab work is amazing.

Good luck on your sugery! I hope you heal quickly!

Karen

Hi Laura

Check out the Tonique workouts at totalfitnessdvds.com. Tonique Mat Workout is all floorwork for 60 minutes. The one that I have Tonique Premier has three segments..Squats, Lunges, and Floorwork. They look deceiving b/c she uses light weights but she goes non-stop so you are really are burning towards the end. They're really great workouts. HTH! :)

Hi Laura

Check out the Tonique workouts at totalfitnessdvds.com. Tonique Mat Workout is all floorwork for 60 minutes. The one that I have Tonique Premier has three segments..Squats, Lunges, and Floorwork. They look deceiving b/c she uses light weights but she goes non-stop so you are really are burning towards the end. They're really great workouts. HTH! :)

I agree with this. This is one tough floorwork DVD. I can't do the whole thing, but she has it nicely chaptered into three sections: on the back, on the side, on the knees.

Can you do Turbo Barre? It's barefoot. It's very effective. Good luck - hope all goes smoothly.

Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout (I bought it just for the floor work!)

Margaret Richard's Home Improvement

Tonique Mat

I plan to have foot surgery some time next year. I plan to do pilates and some boxing while seated on the stability ball during recovery.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.