Best baby carrier for newborn?

naughtoj

Cathlete
Ok, so I know we have another discussion on this and I read all the posts.

So far, it looks like the ERGO baby carrier is the best...when your baby gets too heavy. But should I get a different one for when my baby is newborn or should I just order the ERGO and get the infant insert?

I, too, like the idea of baby facing out so maybe I could just get two..like the baby bjorn for right away and the ERGO later?

thing is...I struggle with upper back problems (even before pg) and I have a very large chest which I am pretty sure is only going to get more cumbersome when my milk comes in..:eek: But I don't want to waste money on a carrier I'll throw away in a few weeks either..

What do you guys suggest?? I'd like to get something I can wear often when baby is fussy and something she just might sleep in...??

Thanks!!!!:D

I absolutely love my Baby Bjorn! I used it from newborn til ????. I can't even remember but it was a while. Baby can face in or out. DD2 fell asleep in that thing all the time. The beauty of the bb is that when they do fall asleep you can unlatch the whole thing with one hand (WITHOUT TAKING THEM OUT AND WAKING THEM UP!!!!) and just lay them down to put them to sleep. I got mine at a ToysRUs and the lady was very helpful with how to use it. Hope you get something figured out! You don't have long now! Do you know what you're having? Best of luck to you!

Hello,
Glad to see your long awaited baby is almost here. The Ergo is definitely the best. For a newborn, I would recommend the Moby Wrap if your climate is not too hot or if the baby is born in the fall. There are so many ways you can wear the baby with this wrap. Plus you can put the baby in his/her diaper and you can take off your shirt and then wrap the two of you together for some good skin-to-skin contact. My son loved this when he was a newborn. I might also recommend a ring sling (but only when the baby is under 10 or 12 pounds). I think ring slings should be quickly retired as soon as the baby starts to gain weight. For ring slings, I liked the Over the Shoulder Baby Holder, which you can get on line. Good luck.

Don't forget to check out the Baby Trekker as well. I just got mine and love it!
Manmohini

Thank you for taking the time to respond, Kate and Manmohini!

Yes, I too am glad to see that baby is almost here!:eek: I am sooo over this pregnancy thing, lol

Since it is 114 degrees here I am ruling out the Moby wrap. There is just no way it wouldn't be absolutely suffocating. She'd grow out of it before it even remotely cooled down here. I am going to go with the ERGO and see if it works for her as a newborn, using a blanket as the insert. If it ends up not working, I'll just look for something else then but save my Ergo since it seems to be the hands down winner.

Thanks again!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.