Belly Pooch

Hi Cathe,

I'm 27 and I've been chubby for parts of my life. Since September 2006, I've been working out pretty religiously with your DVDs. Since then I've lost a ton of weight and I've toned up my arms and my legs like I never thought I could. Thank you Cathe, for that! My tummy is pretty toned except I have a small pooch of fat just below my belly button. When I sit down, it looks like a roll.x(

Anyways, my question is, how long does it take to get rid of this if you workout 6 days a week and eat clean? If you tell me a year, it's okay, I won't get mad and give up. I'm willing to put in the work to get rid of it.:)

Hi,
Obviously not Cathe here, but I was also in the same boat! What helps MAJORLY is eating clean (honestly, for me it is the key to results!)

One thing that can help with eating clean is keeping a food journal. As my mom (who works for Weight Watchers) would say, "If you bite it, WRITE IT!" ;-) That helps for you to really know how much you are eating.;-)

Also, I WOULD NOT recommend you working abdominals all of those six days! I would say probably 3 no more than 4 times a week for abs! And if you are looking to get rid of that lower "pooch", I would definately focus on excercises that target that region of your abdominals! (Core Max, and the segments of Body Max2, Butts and Gutts, etc. do an excellent job at this}() And mix it up too, because if you repeatedlly do the exact same ab routine your muscles will get used to it and not respond as well.

Just thought I would put my 2 cents worth in! Cathe, or anyone else, if you have anything to add(or delete!) please feel free to do so!:+

Thanks Rebecca for your help here.

I have the pooch too! I have tried and tried to get rid of it. It gets smaller obviously when I lose weight.

I have not even had kids yet!!!! It is certainly my troubled area.

Good luck all!

"Life is short so be the best you can be every day of your life!" :)

"Running feels great for my soul!" :)

:) CHEETAH :)

I agree... getting rid of that belly pooch is hard, even for women who have had children.

I recommend watching your portions of the food you eat and to do more cardio. One book that I recommend which shows proper food portions is "The 3-Hour Diet" by Jorge Cruise. This book also have a great food journal.Also drink lots of water to flush out that extra sodium which can lead to a bigger pooch.

Very good advice. I always like getting this kind of information from someone who's been-there-done-that. key words: "I WAS in the same boat..."

Very helpful.

Hi,
Not Cathe, but I wanted to suggest the Core Max DVDs. I have to modify due to injury but this works. Laying flat on your back, knees bent, feet on the floor. Place a small volleyball between your knees & hold. Put arms down at your sides, lift your feet extending out then bring knees to your chest. I do 3 sets of 8 reps. I've done this for 2 wks now & truly have lost 2 inches of this pooch and am firming Happily. If you start to arch, fold a towel and place under your lower back, it helps.

Good suggestion!

I love Core Max, but have to modify some of the tough moves!

"Life is short so be the best you can be every day of your life!" :)

"Running feels great for my soul!" :)

:) CHEETAH :)

The toughest Core Max move is the pike...when you have your feet on the ball and you have to bring up your butt to the ceiling. It's like doing a handstand with your feet on the ball and hands on the floor. I CAN NOT DO THAT...yet. x(

but I'm going to keep trying...maybe my ball doesn't have enough air ;-)

I also agree about keeping a food journal. This always works for me. As soon as I stop writing, more food goes in my mouth. With the food journal, I see how much I can eat before I go overboard and then I stop. Protein at every meal also helps as well as eating 5x a day.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back