Barry's BootCamp....yeowza!

strong@heart

Cathlete
Ok,
I am an advanced exerciser my workouts are primarily Cathes and I also teach Group Power classes as I am a fitness instructor.

I ordered this BBC set and have done 2 of the DVDs so far. WHAT THE H@#$$#LL IS WRONG WITH ME??!! I felt like these workouts beat the snot right outta me! I ususally make it through many tough workouts and feel worked to the max but man oh man....these BBC workouts kicked my BUTT! I was drenched in sweat more than I've ever been, cursing at Barry and that chic Nadia, and sucking wind for my dear life! OMG Just when I THOUGHT I was fit....I have to reconsider this.

Anyone else feeling like this is a killer or is it just me getting old and tired?

You are not alone.

You are not the only one.

I consider myself in good shape. I have been exercising for 5 years. I have been doing advanced Cathe work outs for almost 3 years. I have conquered P90X and plan to do it again. I'm a runner.

Yet....

I am doing BBC this week and....
the cardio is kickin' my patoot and the weight work is creating DOMS on a daily basis.

GOTTA LOVE IT!}(

>Ok,
>I am an advanced exerciser my workouts are primarily Cathes
>and I also teach Group Power classes as I am a fitness
>instructor.
>
>I ordered this BBC set and have done 2 of the DVDs so far.
>WHAT THE H@#$$#LL IS WRONG WITH ME??!! I felt like these
>workouts beat the snot right outta me! I ususally make it
>through many tough workouts and feel worked to the max but man
>oh man....these BBC workouts kicked my BUTT! I was drenched
>in sweat more than I've ever been, cursing at Barry and that
>chic Nadia, and sucking wind for my dear life! OMG Just when
>I THOUGHT I was fit....I have to reconsider this.
>
>Anyone else feeling like this is a killer or is it just me
>getting old and tired?
>
>

Shocking, isn't it? I went back to BBC this week. I started off with Arms & Abs doing the non-treadmill cardio first. 8 minutes, yes a measly 8 min. into the cardio, I was gasping and thinking there is no way I can go 12 min. more!!! If the cardio was any longer than 20 min. I would NEVER pull through! I'm supposed to do Shoulders & Back today. I find the cardio from Chest & Abs/Shoulders & Back tough but more doable. I LOVE having sore arms. I think it's all the push ups that get me the most! I'm thinking the BBC weight work will be easily paired up with the shorter cardio segments from Cathe's latest...woo hoo!!! I like the way my core feels worked even in a lot of the cardio segments. My core and ASSets always feel tight when I've done BBC...if they only looked as tight as they feel...LOL!
Angela:7

I hear ya guys! I have been having major DOMS the last week since I started the rotation -

I think its a combo of using alot of core work and those non TM cardio portions!!!! By the end I am wiped out! Something about those STUPID BURPEESS!!! I can only imagine if you added the terminator/burpee!

Jump up - down - pushup - running legs - pushup - jump in and jump up! Its all in my imagination that someone will make me do that! hahah

yes these made me RETHINK my fitness level overall - I need to go heavier on some of the weight work portions; however, I was suprisingly sore every day following!

I would say this is a level 10 series if you push yourself - but it would be easy to slack off and use light weights and not push hard in the non TM cardio portions - but i was drenched when I did those!:p :p :p :p

Has anyone done the treadmill cardio portion yet? I've watched it and it looks like a killer... just curious. Love all the rest.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found these tough. I thought I was just getting old. Then I thought it was because I hadn't done Cathe in awhile before doing this series and was just out of shape.

On a positive note, After a month of a Barry rotation I went back to Cathe and Drill Max seemed kind of easy. Before Barry I would never have said that!

I'm not sure what this is. Is this the 5 DVD pack sold on amazon? Do you think my husband would like this???

Bless you all for your replies! I am relieved to know that I am not the only one feeling the beating of this series. I did the Legs DVD yesterday and I nearly went into orbit screaming at Nadia.....she kept going on and on and on on each leg...GEEZ!

I am walking similar to a feeble old woman today thanks to those Donkey Kicks ( or whatever those hellish things are called ) :eek:

Oh no, you are not alone. I love cardio and the BBC cardio is tough IMO. I'm an Imax 3 junkie but the the leg cardio-I'm already cursing at her before the 3 minute warmup is over. Nadia isn't breathing hard and I'm dyin'. The cardio portions are short, but honestly, I'm grateful they aren't any longer! Good work, be proud of yourself.

Diana

I have BBC, but I haven't had the guts to break any of them out to try!!! P90X was the same way....it took me months to work the nerve up to do them!!!

"Jump up - down - pushup - running legs - pushup - jump in and jump up! Its all in my imagination that someone will make me do that! hahah"-----I was in the Navy and they call these "6 count bodybuilders". I called them "hell"!!!

>Oh no, you are not alone. I love cardio and the BBC cardio
>is tough IMO. I'm an Imax 3 junkie but the the leg cardio-I'm
>already cursing at her before the 3 minute warmup is over.
>Nadia isn't breathing hard and I'm dyin'. The cardio portions
>are short, but honestly, I'm grateful they aren't any longer!
>Good work, be proud of yourself.
>
>Diana

I KNOW...I get so ticked during the WU of this one...I'm like....COME ON ALREADY!!! When I first purchased BBC I was concerned b/c the cardio sections were so short. After barely making it through Arms & Abs non-treadmill cardio I was soooooo thankful that non of the non-treadmill stuff is over 20 minutes!!!
Angela:p

>Has anyone done the treadmill cardio portion yet? I've
>watched it and it looks like a killer... just curious. Love
>all the rest.

I don't have a treadmill or I would be all over it!

The all body workout without weights just about does me in.

The short cardios are intense and I feel like I am getting an effecticew intense workout in short time time.

Having said that, I have to be careful doing this workout as I put my back out after a two week rotation right before I had to go on a three day backpacking trip:( I think my body only will permit Barry for a week!

Cheryl

>Eek! I recently got BBC but haven't tried it yet. Now I'm a
>bit nervous about opening them!
>
>[font face="comic sans ms" font color=teal]***Lainie***
>
>http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/Site/Exercise/Exercise.html
>
>"The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself."
>-- Mark Twain[/font]

Open them, open them! They are very easy to modify if you've been working out and can figure out what to sub. Just watch them first and see what you can/want to do and how you want to modify. Good luck and let us know what you think of them!

You aint kidding! You have no idea what a relief it was to read your post!!! I had just finished my second DVD ... with Nadia... and I thought, SH@T, how can I be this pathetic??? I too thought, prior to the last 2 days, that I was in pretty good shape ....WRONG!!! The cardio section on the ARMS DVD.... what the heck was that??? And how tall is that bench they use??? Give me a break. I was sweating, wheezing and a might pissed off about the entire thing! Just kidding, I think it is awesome, but humbling, and a great deal for 20 bucks! I heard about BBC here in the Cathe Forum. So thanks guys.

I'm so thankful for this thread!! I thought I must be so out of shape. My son had been ill(he had a stroke) so I hadn't done cardio in three weeks. I had ordered Barrys tapes a while ago, and so I decided to take them out and do them. Now I have only done two of the cardio portions so far. These kick-butt!!! I love, love that the cardio is so short and yet so very effective. After I did one tape, the Nadia butt and legs I could hardly sit down for 2 days. Every muscle ached. I love his tapes and I'm eagerly waiting for his next DVD's to come out!! Does anyone know if he's got some other DVD's planned?

What the heck is this series about? Is a treadmill necessary? Is it a package? Can you do it without a TM? How much and where do I get it? Anything that kicks your all's but, I'm there!! You all are tough...so if you're b#tchin' a/b it being tough....yikes!!

Thanks for any info you can give

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.