barbell

cherishal

Hi Cathe people,

Can you please tell me where to find the barbell you use or describe the weights you use with it? I've looked for it on the website and can't find it or am just not sure which to pick.

Thanks much,
You are an inspiration. I like how you are motivating without being over the top sticky sweet.

Hi,

Not Cathe here, but I think what you are looking for is the Troy Lite barbell. It's great! I have the Troy Lite and love it. I got it at

http://fitness1st.com/Troy-Bars.html

scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see the Troy Lite workout system with quiet iron plates (meaning they are encased in rubber).

Aerobic “Lite “ Set consists of (1) lite bar, (2) spring collars, (4) 2.5 lb. plates, (2) 5 lb. plates, and (2) 7.5 lb. plates (40 lbs. total). It's $49.95 for the set, but that doesn't include shipping.

HTH :)
Soofit

Oh, BLESS YOU for putting up that link! :) I went directly to the Troy site but didn't see the barbell listed. Your link is PERFECT.

Question for Cathe (or her more advanced fans): Have you ever put more than 40 pounds on this particular barbell? Can it handle that much weight? I have a ways to go before I even think about more than 40 lbs, but I would hate to have to buy a completely different barbell.

the site mentioned above is where i ordered my barbell. when i ordered it, i purchased extra plates so my barbell goes up to 60. i have done this amount a few times. i don't often do it not b/c it is too heavy for my legs but b/c it is really hard to get it up and over my head for squats. when i really want to challenge myself with heavy weight i will strap on my weighted vest (20-30lbs depending how i feel that day) with the 40lb barbell and do my squats. but if i really concentrate on my form and do the reps with complete focus, 45lbs works fine for my legs. so to answer your question, yes you can do more than 40lbs on this barbell.

check out Dick's Sporting Goods. I got a barbell there w/ 100 lbs. to add. It has the squeeze things like Cathe's and it was only $24.99! I have had up to 50 lbs. on it w/ no problem. Good Luck! Kay

The Troy Lite ad says it will hold up to 80 pounds. I bought this bar a few months ago and am very happy with it. Unfortunately, my local stores did not have anything comparable.

I also highly recommend the Troy lite set. I also recommend ordering two, 10# weights at the same time.
I have two of the Troy sets (so I don't have to make as many weight changes).

If you ever need a barbell over 80#, you can always buy a standard barbell bar. The Troy plates have standard 1" openings and will fit.(The other size is "Olympic" bars/plates, which have a 2" opening).

Thanks for the tips everyone! I ordered the Troy Lite set last night. Can't wait! I also did a little comparison shopping and saw the exact same set offered on another website for almost $20 more, so I'm glad I went to the other website first.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.