Bad Day

RE: Bad Day/GOOD NEWS

GOOD NEWS!!! All four of the cats that go outside (MY 2 and the remaining 2 kitchen kitties) are okay. Binky, my eldest tested positive for FIV but just as I was saying "But how? She runs from fights and never gets involved" the vet, flipping through her file, said "Wait a minute, she had the FIV vaccine when she was young so she would test positive." She decided it was most likely the vaccine alone causing a positive read. So then we talked about evil Tangee and how, since he goes in and out and gets into LOTS of spats, it might be wise to FIV vaccinate HIM. I guess they don't do the FIV vaccine unless your cat goes out and has a rep for causing trouble because of the guaranteed positive read and the difficulty deciphering whether it's the disease or the vaccine reading positive. When Binky was young it was just automatic and we decided to go ahead and do Tangee today. At any rate, my three strictly indoor cats aren't likely to have anything if the in/out cats don't so EVERYONE is healthy and calm has been restored to my house, albeit with a touch of sadness for my beloved Tipper. I believe in the power of mass-prayer and am so terribly grateful for all your prayers and positive thoughts. I will be sad for Tipper for a long time but I've learned to never bring a strange animal into my home without quarantining him and getting him tested before allowing him to mix with my healthy kids. I will remember Tipper fondly (I miss the way he would affectionately head-butt me and give me wet, sloppy kisses but TopCat did that at the vet's!) and I can't believe all the testing, shots, etc. came to over a thousand dollars (in my next life I want to be a veterinarian, preferably in Beverly Hills). But I am just so happy and relieved all my kids are okay. I just can't imagine if these horrible diseases had spread through my family. I would never have forgiven myself for making the initial mistake that would have been the root of the devastation. I'm so not equipped to deal with any more tragedy than I've already had.

I can't thank you all enough but had to let you know it all turned out great and life is good again.

RE: Bad Day/GOOD NEWS

Yippee!! I'm so glad it was good news!

On a side note - my cat growing up was named Binky. I named her after the clown in Garfield. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.