August Rotation Check-In--8/19/05

workoutqueen

Cathlete
Hello Ladies,

Hope is well. Today I did Step Fit and two segements of Ab Hits. This was my first time doing Step Fit, that video just went on and on...a 12 minute warmup?....sometimes these workouts are over-the-top;). It's very interesting how this workout seems so dated right? The copyright date is 1997, it seems so much older than that. But, at any rate, I really had to concentrate on the foot work. For some reason, I was dreading this workout. It turned out okay though. I only used two risers, maybe next time I'll use four. At least we have one more workout until rest day---Yeah!!!

Anyway, have a great workout day everyone :),

Katrina

good morning all!
Katrina: I used a different kind of step and it's just 6"...that's all I could handle w/ Step fit today! Yeah, it does look more dated than 1997, huh??? but, it's a great workout. I agree, a long warm up...!!

I'm starting to feel kinda tired, so I"m gonna modify next week's workouts starting tomorrow.

The rotation calls for:
Saturday: Cardio Kicks
Sunday:rest
Monday: 3mile run and MM

Instead, I'm gonna do this:
Saturday: MM
Sunday: rest
Monday: 7mile run

Tuesday, I'm going back on track.

have a great day! It's FRIDAY!!!!

take care:)
gloria

Good morning!

Katrina - It is funny how quickly a workout becomes "dated", isn't is? I used to do this workout all the time! I loved it. It used to be my favorite! I did it a few weeks ago for the first time in a couple of years and had a ball. I liked the music. Haven't done it yet in this rotation, yet though! Will be doing it this weekend.

Last night, I did HSTA and the KP&C abs and pikes x 2. Great workout! I had forgotten how much I really liked HSTA! I really need to pull this off the shelf more often!

Well, after this week - one more week to go!!! Yay! This is a fun, fun, fun, but tough rotation!

Hi Ladies,

I do not have Step Fit so I did cardio& weight (cardio only pre mix) + Interval#6-#10 of Imax#2. Only then did I feel like I had a workout. I will try to get to Abs tonight if not I will add it to Sunday workout. I plan on doing MM (upper body only). Everybody have a good weekend. My butt is so sore just one more week.

karen Williams

Good morning all,

I do not have Step fit, either, so I subbed Seasun's TNS, which has a 15 minute core-ab section. I was dripping buckets by the time I was finished, about 80 minutes in all. Great workout!

Did Step Works + Imax 1. Soreness is gone, so had fun! Today is my birthday, so lunch swim and then relax this after noon.

I did Step Fit for the first time also. I thought it was pretty good, some of the moves were tricky but towards the end I got it. I did have to pause a couple of times though. Then I did the first two workouts of Ab Hits.

Happy Friday:7

Well yesterday I did Circuit Max and CTX Upper Body and Stretch Max #3. Last night and today my hamstrings and back are quite sore. I'm going for a swim with my kids at lunch and then I'll decide if today needs to be a rest day or if I can tackle StepWorks and Imax 1 this evening.
I think part of my soreness is my "rest" day on Tuesday ended up being running around the park, playing tag, climbing the pole on the play structure, doing the monkey bars, etc. for over 2 hours with my 4 year old and 5 year old. Maybe not really a rest day???
I have to agree the older workouts seem pretty dated but I sure enjoy some of the moves (i.e. flying angels) on them. What I find interesting is how easy it is to do 8" on the older ones...it sure wasn't easy when I started them.
I'm just so happy that I'm sticking with this rotation. I definitely feel that my cardio and endurance are improving.
Have a fun-tastic workout everyone! Make sure you do a happy dance after your workout today "you did it!".

Hi!

I was trying to play catch-up a little bit so..... Last night I started out with Step Fit, but got tripped up with section 2, so I switched to PowerMax for the middle segment. Was really worn out, but I made myself go on and do half of IMAX2(have temporarily lost track of Imax 1).

This morning, I did High Step Training Advanced, but ran out of time for abs, so will have to fit that in tonight!

Enjoying this rotation and enjoying doing some of the older workouts! Yes, they are dated, but I still love some of the music. It just seems to go with the moves really well.

Happy Birthday Dorothy, and Happy Friday to all!

Sandra S.

Hi Ladies!

Happy Birthday Dorothy!

I haven't checked in for a few days. We have had a busy week. But I am still plugging away at the rotation. My legs felt like lead today. I have never had any problem getting through Step Fit before. This rotation is pushing me beyond what I would do myself. I feel like I need to be rewarded with a spa day when this month is over :p .

Have a good weekend.

Lisa

I was such a zombie yesterday that I forgot to check in, even though I was on the forum. Yesterday I did HSTA, but no abs.

Today I FINALLY had a decent night of sleep, so Step Fit seemed pretty tame. The cool down portion made me laugh "I'm not going into how to do the arms, because by now you must know the Macarena!" This will forever date this workout. Then I tacked on the KPC abs I was supposed to do yesterday and called it a day.

Tomorrow should be my rest day (started the week on Sunday), but I don't think its going to be. Sunday, on my rest day, I think I'm going to knock out the 3 mile run on tap for Monday. With all the other stuff on Monday, MM and PLB stability ball, I wouldn't have time for it otherwise.

I'm not always good about checking in on the weekend--so everyone have a great one!

Hi, everybody. GREAT JOB to you all.

I have been MIA pretty much all week, but trying to keep up with the rotation as closely as possible, plus swimming and bike riding with the kids all week.

I just got done doing Step Fit. I love this workout, but can't really stand the cool down, so I substituted a bunch of stuff while Cathe did her Macrana (sp?)...I did 200 jumping jax, 200 jump ropes, then the urban rebounder. Then I pumped out 5 sets of 10 push ups.

Happy Friday.

Gayle

Hi guys, me again,

Happy Birthday Dorothy:)

Sandy--good job with catching up!

Lisa-- A spa day is an excellent idea;)

Gloria-- I like your modification

Me2-- I'm tired also and the music is great!

Yes, this is an oldie but goodie:),

Happy Friday,

Katrina

Good afternoon everybody!

Another day of the August 2005 Boot Camp Challenge is done!

Today was the first time I'd ever done Step Fit. I liked it - dated look and all! :) I was actually able to get almost all of the moves on the first shot (almost).

But I was so tired that I just couldn't wait for it to be over! Then I had to add 20 minutes of Ab Hits afterward! This rotation has been wonderful. However, it has taken everything out of me. I have been exhausted since starting this rotation. It is definitely a lot to do in one shot. And I'm really getting to love doing Stretch Max on my rest day to stretch my body back out. Boy, did I need it for this rotation! :)

Almost at the end of this month. Yes!

Sanchia

Hi ALL:

I have only posted on the August rotation once, but I have been doing it every day. Today was HSTA and KPC Abs. So glad that's over. I'm a little tired too, but I feel real good.

I also said to my family that this workout is definitely pushing me further than I would push myself, and I thought I pushed myself pretty far.

Anyway, I'm loving the posts, the workouts and am looking forward to having the last one behind me.

I love the suggestion someone made about a spa day for a boot camp reward.

Keep on trucking everyone.

Hi fellow bootcampers! Did the good old StepFit workout today and followed it with the HCE # 3, interval blast workout. I hadn't done Stepfit for quite a while so it seemed like I was doing a new workout. It's a fun one IMO.....was that a sheep? Then on to a good dose of Ab Hits. I use this DVD quite a bit. It is quite versatile. I have a busy work schedule tomorrow so it will be nice to do the comparatively easy workout of CardioKicks and 1/2 IMAX.
Great work everyone!
ShellyC

Afternoon, folks!

Today was scheduled for CK & Imax 1 2-10, then Abs, I think. I have been feeling weak and tired, and that made me mad. So, I changed it up a bit. Did Imax 1 1-5, because I didn't get to finish it the other day, and I needed to learn it. Then did PUB, followed by Cardio Kicks. By the time I got done my arms felt loose again. My legs didn't feel too bad, either. But, I can really tell I am not as strong lately, because I couldn't use all my regular weights in PUB.

Today was the first time I used Cardio Kicks all the way through, and I enjoyed it. Rest day tomorrow, and I really feel like I need it!:)

Julie

Hi Everyone,

I don't have (gosh I've been saying this phrase all week! .. must get more Cathe...must get more Cathe...!)...anyway...I don't have the workouts for today so I subbed step heaven from Christi Taylor and did CoreMax #1. I actually got up for a few of the levitation holds ... gettin' there!

Have a good one!

Cath :)

I had to sub today with cardio and wts I forgot how much fun this workout is and ctx all step cardio- abs and finally a stretch.Tommorrow is kickmax minus the intensity drills and leg drills and maybe ctx kickbox depending on energy it will have to be a.m cardio-I don't do so well with cardio in the morning however I love to lift in the morning.

Hi everyone! Great jobs on your workouts today. I got home 3 hours later than normal, did the ab work, but only did the first 40 minutes of Step Fit. I haven't even eaten dinner yet and its 8 pm Cal time. I just didn't have the energy to finish it.x( So tomorrow I will try to complete it along with the scheduled CK & IM intervals. After a decent night's sleep it should be doable.

Happy Birthday Dorothy!

Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.