August Check in*****Wednesday 13***

nurse34

Cathlete
Thought I would start the thread this morning.How is everyone? Today I will be doing Step Fit haven't done that one in a couple of months. I am ready to sweat!!!!So tell me what is on everyone's agenda today? Have a great day!! -Lisa

Goodmorning Lisa and all that follow

This morning I went to get my bloodwork done, and in an hour I will be heading to the doc to put the HRM on. Then I will come home and do Imax 3, or try to if I can with the HRM, if not I will switch it to something else. I'll let you all know how it went at the doc. I'll bb later :)

Lisa: Have fun with Step Fit:), that's such a fun step workout. I think I only did that one twice.

Good Morning
I love that I have time to post finally! That darn work thing gets in the way:mad:LOL
Ivy Let us know how the doc went. If you're feeling up to it try IMax 3 blast first. I kind of like it that way it's a great leg workout and it gets the blast out of the way hehehe.
Lisa I only have Power Max as one of her older cardio workouts. I wish I has Step Fit or Step Max or even Step Jam.:)
This week is a new rotation:Gym Styles
Today: Back, Shoulders and Bi's plus 4DS BootCamp cardio only
Thur: GS Legs CM Complete core premix
Fri Imax 3
Sat Chest and Tris CM Balance core premix
Sun: Low Max combos only then 4DS LIS cardio only
Mon: Maximum Intensity Strength
I am planning on going on the '09 RT! I would love to meet you guys:D I hope I make it!!
Have a great day
Randi

Hey Lisa and Ivy and Randi!

Today's going to be tough for me. Tonight is the night my son sleeps over at camp. I'm a bundle of nerves already! And my 8 year old son decides he wants to be loud and obnoxious already, and it's making me crazy! I do believe I should find some time to do some Yoga today. Have any of you done the NAMASTE yoga off of FIT TV? It's pretty cool. I love the way they change the backdrops, it really is relaxing. Think calm, relaxed thoughts for me!!

My workout is going to be GS: Back Shoulders Biceps. Should be a good one, though I'm almost wishing for some cardio to let some of this nervous energy out. Tomorrow is MIC, so maybe I shouldn't push it today!

Lisa: I just got the Cardio Hits DVD and have only done Step Works. But Step Fit sounds fun! Which one is your favorite?

Ivy
: Good luck at the doctors! Hope it goes well! 24 hours with the monitor on will fly!! Good luck with IMAX 3 too! Oh, and I don't THINK the PROJECT: YOU commercial is still on TV. It was a fun thing, though! Oh, I was also in a magazine ad for it too! (My before and after pictures!). I almost forgot that!

Randi: No work is a great feeling! Makes things more relaxed all around. Looks like we're doing the same GS today...

Check back later...

Hi Chris
When does school start for your kids?:) Enjoy Yoga, i have seen NAMASTE on Fit TV. I just watch it and it's relaxing:) I do like MIC but the hi/lo is so hard on my knees!
I'm getting ready to start BSB myself. I'm still trying to wake up

Hi everyone!!

Lisa: I almost did Step Fit yesterday. I ended up with Power MAx..Have fun!!

Ivy: Hope your appointment is a good one..Enjoy Imax 3..I like that one. My fav is Imax 2 though..Wish Cathe would do another one! Imax 4 would be awesome!

Randi: I think that it is just random. They go up as you put in your workout on the calendar. I entered my workout on the calendar yesterday and then I went to the homepage and saw it under workouts..I am doing GS this week too. I would love to go on the road trip. WOuldn't it be great if we could all go and meet up!!

Chrs: Oh a sleepover camp!! We haven't been adventurous enough to do sleep stuff yet. We are nervous about that! I think yoga would be a good idea tonight when you feel nervous..I have tried that fitv yoga once and thought it was pretty good..

Today's workout, like Chris, Is Gym style Back, shoulders and biceps...I also still have leg DOMS and I am sure I will add upper body DOMS after today...I am also going to try and squeeze a bike ride in with the kids this afternoon..

Talk to you later!!

Hi Everyone! I did Butts sans Guts today -- the leg blast premix! I really liked it, but did wish she had put some floor work in there. After that I did the 3rd segment of Shred, because I had just gotten it from netflix last night and after ffing through it last night, I knew I wanted a fast turnaround on it, so now I can mail it back today. It's just not my thing. Did anyone ever notice in B&G Cathe wears two different shirts? I don't know if I noticed before, but in the premix it's really obvious, because of the repition and hopping around. Funny -- one is long and one is short. I meant to look and see if anyone else changes, but I guess I was too busy cursing the squats and lunges!!

Kathy, my sons are going to Science Adventure camp this year. They seem to be a lot of places, so maybe you've heard of it. They have done some fun projects, and they mostly seem to like it. They did another week of it earlier in the summer.

Hottie, your project does sound very interesting!! I somehow skipped that sentence reading your post, and didn't notice it until someone else commented on it.

Chris, good luck getting through the day and night!! He has the cell phone, right? I hope you can sleep tonight!

-Beth

Oh, I forgot to say that after having done imax 3 yesterday, with all that plyo type work, B&G was really hard this morning. When I was doing imax 3, I was thinking it was more of a leg work like low max always feels to me.

I just saw Randidiane's post about road trip prizes and sts. My prediction on STS is that it'll be ready late Sept. or Oct. Since Cathe's rotations the last few months have followed STS mesocycles, and this month is the third one, I'm guessing she built in one month rest (Sept). That's just my prediction....

-Beth

Good Morning everyone!!

I just finished up with BM2 Cardio Blast Premix....I love the cardio in this workout....

Kathy, Randi,Chris- have fun with GS today! I've yet to order the upperbody workouts....I will need them for next months' rotation.
Lap- I don't know how you can workout after getting bloodwork done! Maybe i'm just a baby....you go girl!
Bitmover- Let me know how sore you are tomorrow, because I did B&G yesterday and man my a$$ is on fire...lol
Chris- I do namaste yoga regularly...even considering purchasing the dvd's......(AFTER GS of course!)

Have a great day everyone!

Iris

Beth: I have noticed that Cathe changes her top in B&G. I don't think that any of the others do. She also does a pants change in 4DS the kickbox one..I notice that she goes from long pants to capris. Have you noticed that? That camp does sound interesting. My kids didn't do any camps this year. The only thing they did was Vacation Bible School. last summer they did a drama camp. They liked that. They learned every aspect of putting on a play and then performed it at the end..I bet you are right about STS. The updates that she has given make it sound like that. Did she mention anything on the RT about the next filming project? I though I read something about hr doing some cardio projects..

Iris: Are you going to do the August rotation next month? or something else? The gym styles are REALLY good..

I'm back..

Finished GS: BSB. It was hard for me, not sure why. Maybe it's been a while since I did BSB in that order. The band work KILLED me though. Lots of burning (that's the purpose, so it's all good).

Hey, I read something interesting yesterday in one of my magazines. It was an article about the healing & benefits of specific foods. One specific food they mentioned was Ricotta Cheese. It said that if eaten 20-30 minutes after working out, it will prevent muscle soreness! So I gave it a try today (mixed 1/2 C with Fat Free Cool Whip, and about 1 TBSP of Sugar Free/Fat Free Chocolate Pudding Mix). I'll let you know if it works tomorrow! (because I expcet soreness after what I experienced today for sure). And yes, that Yoga will come in handy later!

Randi: School starts on August 28th for us. In lots of ways I'm looking forward to it, but others, I'm not. The schedule and earlier mornings and constant struggle with homework...UGH! But it is always fun to start fresh with new teachers and the kids are enthusiastic too.

Beth: B&G Leg Blasts, huh? Wow, sounds tough! I'm not sure if I've done that one before. OMG...that is so funny about the changing outfits! I never noticed! Now it makes me want to do the workout to see! Oh, and we ended up not giving Zach the cell phone. I talked extensively to the camp director yesterday, and he thought it might get wet/dirty/ruined. He said they have an easily accessible phone there and I can call anytime too. At least we get to go see him around 7pm. They have a family night, where they put on little skits for a 'show'. I'm NOT going to sleep, I know it!
And what are you talking about a "Rest Month"? A WHOLE rest month? What does that mean???

Yeah, Zach begged and begged me to go to this camp. he went before he had Diabetes, and until this year, I was never comfortable sending him. This is really stepping out of the box for me! They only have this one sleepover for the whole 2 weeks. Other than Zach doing this , the other boys didn't want to sign up for anything when I gave them a choice.

Off to get my hungry boys some lunch!

Hi ladies!! Count me in as another GS BSB survivor today!! The biceps was probably the hardest for me. I did try to match Cathe on the weights - I think I'm getting stronger. I haven't been tracking anything, but I remember usually lifting a significantly lower weight than Cathe. I'm trying now to start where she does and lower it if I need to. This morning I had an audience. My 8-year-old always wakes up early. He'll come down and lay on the couch, watch me for a few minutes and fall asleep again. Today my 10-year-old, who sleeps like a teenager (till noon if you'll let him) woke up and decided to watch me. He had me cracking up at times with his remarks. "Are you in your work zone, mom?" Then, the dog decides to come up on the step with me when I'm doing shoulder stuff and nibble on my ear. Interesting morning!!

Chris, I wonder what's in ricotta cheese that would have that benefit? Let us know if it works! I hope you get some sleep tonight! It's so tough always worrying about these kids! If you don't mind me asking, how old was he when he developed diabetes? I've never done any yoga - just don't know when I'd fit it in!

Today is registration and schedule pick-up for school - we start on the 25th. Chris, I know what you mean about the schedules and homework stuff. Everything is just more hectic!

Beth, I've never noticed the changing outfits! I'll check it out next time for sure. I wonder why? Now we know that Cathe is definitely taking some rests in between the torture if she has time to change, right? ;)

Iris, I like the cardio in BM2, too.

Kathy, enjoy GS BSB today! Hope you can get in a bike ride. I haven't sent my kids to any sleep-over camps yet. They went to day camp and a few soccer camps this year.

Randi, that rotation looks great! You come up with some good ones!

Lisa, enjoy Step Fit! It's fun to do some of Cathe's older workouts sometimes. The outfits and hairstyles are funny.

Ivy, good luck at the doctors and with the HRM. Let us know how Imax3 goes.

Is everyone who's doing the Aug. 08 rotation doing MIC tomorrow? I'm thinking I'm going to substitute something else. I really don't like the hi/lo too much - we'll see.

Joanne

Hi everyone this is going to be quick I will have to check back later to add more.

Did GS BSB and core max seg 3 for some reason I thought Core Max was on tap for today but I was wrong. Oh well it doesn't hurt to work the core right? ;)

Then it was out the door to the dentist Zack had a cleaning and then right after that it was to the Orthodontist to have a spacer put in. He need to get a band put on one of his molars. Thankfully I can say that we just paid off the braces:D

Ivy you will have to let us know how you make out at the DRs and with doing Imax 3 with the monitor on.

I guess I need to pay attention to the workouts you mention Kathy to see about the wardrobe changes. I know I still notice little things in some off the workout like when someone messes up with the foot work .

Well go to run we have friends coming at 12 I need to pick up the kitchen. Bye

BBL

Lori

Chris, I should have had ricotta this morning -- I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow!!! Rest month? Well, ok, not rest, but didn't they say after you do all three mesocycles you'll do something different for a month, and then start over if that's what you want to do? So that's what I meant! :)

Kathy, I never noticed in 4DS that she changes -- I can't wait to do it again to watch for it. That's not for a couple of weeks -- next week is GS.

-Beth

Here's the complete Ricotta Cheese Info:

Eating Ricotta cheese reduces the muscle soreness and fatigue caused by intense workout, according to a study in the Journal of Nutrition. "Ricotta cheese contains a type of amino acid that is essential for repairing muscle tissue after exercise". says Susan Boerman, RD, assistant director of the Center for Human Nutrition at UCLA. To make sure you get all of the muscle-rebuilding benefits ricotta has to offer, eat it 30 -45 minutes post-exercise. Try this tasty snack: Mix one quarter cup ritotta cheese with fresh fruit and a dash of milk, then sweeten to taste with sugar or honey.

Chris: Ugh!! and I just went to the grocery store and forgot to get some. I got cottage cheese. Oh well..Next time I go. Let us know how it worked!!

Beth and Lori: I think she also changes a top in an older video too. Maybe it was MIC. I will be doing that one tomorrow. I will check that out.

Lori: We were at the orthodontist this morning too. Lauren had some dental work done a while back. she had 2 teeth coming in behind her front teeth because she didn't have room up top for them. we pulled a couple and brought those back with braces.She now wears a retainer and she may need braces to fix an overbite he said she had. UGh! not happy about that and neither is she!

Joanne: HOw fun to have an audience! NOt!! My daughter will comment occasionally and I get her right out of the room with a simple statement...Join me? Works every time..

Hello everyone! Well, I went to the doc and they put the machine on so I have to wear it till tomorrow morning. It kind of bothers. And the doc told me NO SHOWER!!!! I don’t think I will workout today because I’ve been out all day and I just got home and I’m so tired. I have no energy. I went about an hour from here to go to the Air Force base to grocery shop and it took me 2 hours there. Now I have to clean the kitchen and make dinner and get my DS ready to sleep soon.

Chris: I have Namaste Yoga DVDs and they are awesome!! I don’t know if I will workout yet, it all depends on how I feel after I clean the kitchen and get Jr (DS) a bath. That’s super cool that you also came out on a magazine. I know you must have kept a copy, right?

Kathy: Thanks! That sounds like a great idea! Imax 4!! I hope she does.

You all did an awesome job at your workouts!! I hope I can workout today, but I will let you all know if I did. I don’t have too much time today to chat, but I will get back tomorrow with you guys. I’ll let you all know if I decided to workout today tomorrow morning. I hope you all had a great day today! Have a goodnight and I will talk to you all tomorrow.

Thank you all for your caring thoughts :) I appreciate it.

Kathy/Joanne, re: kids watching the workout. Frequently over the summer, my six year old would wake up toward the tail end of my workout and watch. The other day he did 100 crunches. Then later he was showing me his muscles, and I of course commented on how big they are. He said, "do you think by the time I'm..... 16.... they will be as big as Cathe's?" He's almost as Cathe-obsessed as I am. My sister sent me a mother's day card that sings "girls just wanna have fun". He really likes it and plays it occasionally. Yesterday he asked me if it was Cathe singing.

-Beth

Hi all just got back from a walk with my WW partner. Tomorrow is WI I am not feeling too good about it. I should see some results because I was tracking really good this week. But I just feel really bloated/fat. (TTOM):mad:

Joanne/Beth/Kathy...I know what you mean about kids and working out. Sometimes the boys want to join me but I am afraid I am going to trip over them or other times they will try and talk to me and I can't listen to them or I will mess up my steps. Then there is the cat she always rubs up against me while I am stretching and covers me with fur.

Chris I also heard that you should eat an orange after a workout that helps with sore muscles.

I will chat with you all in the morning MIC is on tap for me.

Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.