Atlanta Cathe Crew

looking good

Cathlete
I am down here from NY on business and I am staying in Smyrna off of Windy Hill Road and boy the lovely weather has blown the power in my hotel. Hope the rest of crew here in Atlanta fair the weather ok. Had ping pong balls size hail here.

Therese

x( Can't even watch American Idol x(

Hi, didn't see your post until now. Hope the hotel got power back quickly! Yikes! Our power flickered on and off, and the only casualty seems to be my husband's computer monitor. My computer turned off, but his turned off and back on, his monitor made a zzzzzt noise, and that was it. But at least that's not too bad...Lorie mentioned in the OAL thread that a friend had a tree fall on her house! I hope she's okay! Hope you are too!

Hey Therese! Hope all is well and you are enjoying your visit apart from last night's weather. I live pretty close to where you are staying. When do you go back?

all is well with me and mine. about 10 miles down the road did not fare so well. the dogs and i were down in the basement while the tornado siren was going off. the safest place was in my workout room which they had never been in. they LOVED exploring! I think they thought it was a special treat or something. all i could think about while i was down there is what i would find when it was over. amazingly enough, we never lost power or anything. we were watching the news on the tv in the gym. it seems woodstock (an area close to me) was hurt a lot worse. for us, just a lot of rain (which was needed). my poor friend has a tree in his roof and about $50,000 worth of damage, but he and his pups are okay. :)

Therese-Well aren't you a sweetie for thinking of us! :) Hope this was not your first trip to Atlanta! Our company's insurance broker was visiting here (and considering moving here) from New York a couple of months ago when the weather was also severe. I hate to think of the impression we are making on our New York visitors lately!

Atlanta Catheites-Sorry I have not been such a faithful follower for the most recent round of get-togethers. I have been a little preoccupied after finding out that I am having TWINS! :) I hope to join you all again soon.....especially anything that involves eating! :9 I am so glad all of you weathered the storms okay. We were huddled in the bathroom with the dogs during the hail, but had no damage.

Jen, WOW - what fantastic news!!! I am so glad I came back and checked this. How very exciting! You are going to be such a great mom. :)

WOOO HOOOO, Jen!!! mucho congratulations. you'll have to give us all the details. hey! i bet jodi knows a good pediatrician! ;-)

>WOOO HOOOO, Jen!!! mucho congratulations. you'll have to
>give us all the details. hey! i bet jodi knows a good
>pediatrician! ;-)
>

Yeah, and conveniently located too!!! He's great! And cute too, if I do say so myself!:7

Hey Ladies,

No, I use to live down here for 4 years so I know what it is like. Only here until tomorrow then heading home. I come down about once a quarter to see clients.

Jen....Congrats...I am a twin:D ...so watch out me and my sister use to play tricks all the time growing up.

Therese

Back again! Thanks so much for the well wishes! I am 7 weeks along and due the first week in January, but I think multiples come early most of the time, so I am guessing they will probably be here before Christmas. It's so funny how the dialog in the house has changed. Instead of "bye honey, have a good day" it's "bye honey, your barf bags are by the door." :eek: I am sure there are many more changes to come.

Jodi-You can most certainly prepare your DH for some new clients this year! :) I have already told my DH that's where I want to take them. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.