At what time do you exercise?

Andelin

I'm just curious to see when you all exercise and if you've noticed any difference with working out at a certain time vs. another.
Right now I exercise any time after 3:30 pm, sometimes even at 5:45 like today, but thinking of switching to morning, around 7:30 am.
Thanks for your posts!

Andelin

I exercise whenever I get off work, which could be anywhere from 11:00pm to 3:00am. I wish I could do it before going to work but I'm really awake after work and I can really focus because I don't have anywhere I have to be, unless you count my bed...

i'm a 5a.m. exerciser. I've done this for years and love how i feel and its great to get it over with before the day starts. However, lately i've been lacking motivation to do it so i'm thinking of switching to 4 or 5 in the afternoon. I haven't made the switch yet and i think its b/c when choose to do it later and that time finally comes i always wished i would have just gotten up and got it done. plus i get nervous that something is going to pop up and i'm going to miss my workout. i say give different times a try and take note of how you feel before, during, and after your workout that way you can see how your energy cycles are.

Anywhere between 8:30 p.m. or 9:30 p.m.

It's one of the reasons I can't stand when Cathe's workouts go much past 60 minutes, which is like...ALL OF THEM.;)

Of course, tonight I blew it off. And not because my feet hurt.

I ride my horse right after school, around 4:30 p.m. Usually it takes about 2-3 hours of my time to get to the barn, pull everything out, ride, and put everything away, especially in the winter. I don't get home until almost 7 or 7:30 depending on the weather, how far I have to walk across God's good earth to fetch my horse, etc.

I have a really difficult time with motivation and winter dark.

Susan L.G.

I'm a 5am exerciser. I have a 2 1/2 year old and it's great to have my workout done before she even gets out of bed. Sure it took getting used to but now I wouldn't do it any other way. I think if I planned on working out later in the day it just wouldn't get done due to other obligations, excuses, etc.

After work around 6:00pm. I don't have time in the morning and don't want to get up at 4:00am. Evenings work best for me.

Morning, noon or night. Which ever suits me at the time! LOL

Seriously though, MOST of my work outs are in the afternoon around 2 or 3 pm. I go to the gym to run a couple mornings a week (9 or 10am). Early morning and evening work outs are done the least but I WILL do them if need be.

I work out in the morning now around 5am. Except on days like today when I didn't think I could get out of bed to go to work, nevermind work out. x( I'm draggin' today!!! So it'll have to be after work around 6:15 or so. ugh. I just switched to morning workouts about a month and a half ago after being an evening exerciser for about 10 years. It was hard, but I'm really loving having my evenings free to do other things. Plus, I'm so incredibly energized for the day when I workout early. It's amazing!

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Wow it's encouraging to see so many 5am exercisers. I have just switched to 6am workouts b/c I can't seem to get them in with my long work days and family life.

What time do you 5 AMers go to sleep at night?

4pm is my "power" time. I workout with my stamina and passion at that time.

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

I usually workout when I finish homeschooling the kids. So, normally I get to exercise around 12:30-1:00pm...On days the kids have activities after lessons, I will workout later in the day. On weekends, I will usually get it done around 9 or 10 am...I have more energy later in the day though...I don't think I could get a good workout at 5am...I admire those who are able to get up that early to exercise..

Wow, I"m really impressed with all those posts and you early morning exercisers! Even 4 a.m. !!?? I could never do that, I'm sound asleep around that time! You must have some amazing amount of motivation!

So, I actually switched this morning, 8 a.m. instead of 3, 4 or 5 pm, and it was ok. I got frustrated because by the time I was all done it was 9:15, then breakfast, then called my mom back in France, then shower, and when I could finally sit down for work it was 10:30!! I feel that it's way late, but at the same time that means I can work later in the day.

I think I'll just play it by ear and do either morning or late afternoon, doesn't have to be the same each day.

I am a 5 am exerciser. I have to start my beauty regime by 6:15 am and get the kids ready and off to school by 7:30 and then I leave for work at that time. It is a hectic morning!

I wake up at 5:00 a.m. Have my coffee and breakfast (I'm soooo used to eating at that time now) and workout at 5:30. I always try to be asleep by 10:00 the latest. I really couldn't imagine working out after work or in the evening. I love doing it first thing and then feeling energized for the rest of my day.
Paula

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.