At a loss-Please help!!

slenamond

Cathlete
I am going on a cruise in 12 weeks. I have not followed a rotation in a LONG time.

Please suggest a good rotation for tightening up. Especially in the butt and thigh area. I am only about 5 pounds from where I want to be weight wise.

I just have SO much information that I don't know what to do? Too many choices...

I am a 5"1' pear shaped 40 year old if that matters. Oh, and I have all of Cathe's stuff including STS.

PLEASE HELP!

slenamond said:
I am going on a cruise in 12 weeks. I have not followed a rotation in a LONG time.

Please suggest a good rotation for tightening up. Especially in the butt and thigh area. I am only about 5 pounds from where I want to be weight wise.

I just have SO much information that I don't know what to do? Too many choices...

I am a 5"1' pear shaped 40 year old if that matters. Oh, and I have all of Cathe's stuff including STS.

PLEASE HELP!

Hi - The following has worked for me in a pinch. I got great results, dropping weight and inches and also showing great muscle definition. It's actually based on a MF Hers rotation, adapted to use Cathe's workouts. Also I don't know the disc #s for STS offhand, but can update later if you are interested. Lastly, this rotation is not for a beginner or someone who has been on a hiatus from working out. The duration of each wo ranges from 30 - 90 min. For best results, keep your eats clean. If you're not sure what that is, Tosca Reno's Stripped (less restricted) or Recharged (more restricted) eating plans offer good sample menus.

Week 1
Sun - Meso2W1, Both Upper Body discs (exclude deadlifts & warm up of second disc)
Mon - Meso2W1, Legs (squat rack) + B&G Straight Leg Series (floor work)
Tues - Hiit 40/20 (I do this on an elliptical, but you can use Cathe of course) + Ab work of choice
Wed - HR Upper Body Premix
Thurs - HR Lower Body Premix
Fri - 60 min steady state cardio (again I did this on an elliptical)
Sat - Rest

Week 2
Sun - Meso2W2, Both Upper Body discs (exclude deadlifts & warm up of second disc)
Mon - Meso2W2, Legs (squat rack) + LBB (floor work & leg drills)
Tues - Hiit 40/20 (I do this on an elliptical, but you can use Cathe of course) + Ab work of choice
Wed - STS TB Upper Body Premix
Thurs - STS TB Lower Body Premix
Sat - Rest

Week 3
Sun - Meso2W3, Both Upper Body discs (exclude deadlifts & warm up of second disc)
Mon - Meso2W3, Legs (squat rack) + GS Legs (floor work)
Wed - ME Upper Body Premix
Thurs - ME Lower Body Premix
Sat - Rest

Week 4
Sun - Meso2W4, Both Upper Body discs (exclude deadlifts & warm up of second disc)
Mon - Meso2W4, Legs (squat rack) + Kickmax leg drills
Wed - MM Upper Body Premix
Thurs - MM Lower Body Premix
Sat - Rest

Sounds like you don't have much to change and with 12 weeks to do it, you should have no problem, especially if your eating is clean. I am also a HUGE fan of FitnessFreak's Get Ready For Summer rotations for slimming down. You can find them in this forum.

Good luck!

Here ya go...

Week 1
Sun - Meso2W1, D13 & D15
Mon - Meso2W1, D14

Week 2
Sun - Meso2W1, D16 & D18
Mon - Meso2W1, D17

Week 3
Sun - Meso2W1, D19 & D21
Mon - Meso2W1, D20

Week 4
Sun - Meso2W1, D22 & D24
Mon - Meso2W1, D23

In case you are interested, here is the article that I based the rotation on http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KGB/is_1_12/ai_n56616099/?tag=content;col1. As you can see, I tweaked it a bit, but tried to stick with the spirit of the wo...2 days of UB/2 days of LB/2 days Cardio. My knees aren't up for plyo, but I think it would be a good option for you to lean out your lower body even more.

Also, I am 39, close to your age, but I do not have a pear shape (although I could use a little more pear in my shape;)). Anyway, I got to thinking and I think following this up with a Get Ready for Summer rotation would be great. They burn lots of fat while still toning. My favorites are from 2007 (http://cathe.com/forum/f100/get-ready-summer-may-2007-a-236538/) & 2008 (http://cathe.com/forum/f100/get-ready-summer-2008-rotation-236858/). The breakdown for both is the following:

Day 1: Upper body
Day 2: Cardio
Day 3: Lower Body
Day 4: Upper Body
Day 5: Cardio
Day 6: Circuit
Day 7: Rest
***Two days of abs each week.

This will also help show off the muscle tone you build with the rotation suggested above.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.