As The World Turns

NaturalBeauty

Cathlete
Ok maybe I have too much time on my hands but what can I say? Im a stay at home mom who's gotten caught up in soap operas...Does anyone else watch As The World Turns? I wanted to vent a little about the current storyline...I've tried getting into The Young and The Restless but its too boring for me....

Ha! I've watched Y&R for years. It gets recorded every day, and I'll play it as I clean house, wash, etc. and eat lunch. It is my relaxing time :) I can't watch the others b/c they seem to far fetched (Y&R has some of that too, but not constantly). Sorry - can't help out with As the World Turns...

Lilly - she hasn't decided yet. Did you see today? She told her dad (Neil) and he was more upset that she was not sure if she would keep it or not, than when she told him she was pregnant. Then in the preview for tomorrow, he tells his girlfriend (Karen I think) that they could raise Lilly's baby. Hmmmm.

I watch Y&R, too. I used to watch ATWT, but I gave it up because I felt like one soap was enough. I do miss Henry though!

I record Y&R. Most days I fastforward through most of the first half of it to try to save time. My ex used to crack me up. he'd say "why do you watch this stuff....and why is Victor with Nicki again...I thought he was married to Ashley......and what is Jack talking about - - I thought he had a kid with a Korean woman? For someone who thought it was crap, he sure knew a lot about it.

I'd love to read your vent about the ATWT story line? Does it have to do with Carly? Is Mike really back?

>Ok maybe I have too much time on my hands but what can I say?
>Im a stay at home mom who's gotten caught up in soap
>operas...Does anyone else watch As The World Turns? I wanted
>to vent a little about the current storyline...I've tried
>getting into The Young and The Restless but its too boring for
>me....

As a young girls I got hooked on Guiding Light Young & Restless, ATWT and Capitol (does anyone remember that one). Then I lost Guiding Light and ATWT through the Years I am a fan of Y&R and Bold & The Beautiful since day 1 (anyone watch that one)? I wanted to vent the other day bout that one. BTW Ashley is on Bold and Beautiful now and Felicia from Bold & Beautiful just made an appearance because of the Fashion Magazine Nick, Phyllis, Sharon and Jack started. The old Victoria is also on Bold & Beautiful, Jack Wagner too he is still so hot!
beth6395

"You didn't pause your dvd and go make popcorn did ya"
-Cathe Friedrich

http://www.picturetrail.com/juicyfruities2002

Funny - my husband is the same. Says he can't stand the show, but I'll catch him watching it with me, then asking me questions, and oddly enough, he even knows the names of most of the characters, along with bits and pieces of the story line ;)

Isnt that funny? lol I think our husbands are twins....actually my frustration is with Katie...she dont know what she want...Jack then Brad...and yes Mike is back. Although I miss the old Mike...this new guy isnt as cute. So yeah Mike wants Katie back....she's confused cause she still trying to get over the Jack thing...her character kinda annoys me...but I think she should go back to her ex husband and leave Brad alone. I actually like Carly...Her and Jack are going through some things right now but I think eventually they'll get back together. There are so many other storylines I wanna take a stab at but I'm afraid I'd lose you if I did. (Not sure how far behind you are) I think I may watch The Young and The Restless tommorrow though...sounds like things are getting interesting.

>>Ok maybe I have too much time on my hands but what can I
>say?
>>Im a stay at home mom who's gotten caught up in soap
>>operas...Does anyone else watch As The World Turns? I wanted
>>to vent a little about the current storyline...I've tried
>>getting into The Young and The Restless but its too boring
>for
>>me....
>
>As a young girls I got hooked on Guiding Light Young &
>Restless, ATWT and Capitol (does anyone remember that one).
>Then I lost Guiding Light and ATWT through the Years I am a
>fan of Y&R and Bold & The Beautiful since day 1 (anyone watch
>that one)? I wanted to vent the other day bout that one. BTW
>Ashley is on Bold and Beautiful now and Felicia from Bold &
>Beautiful just made an appearance because of the Fashion
>Magazine Nick, Phyllis, Sharon and Jack started. The old
>Victoria is also on Bold & Beautiful, Jack Wagner too he is
>still so hot!
>beth6395
>
>
OMGosh, I *loved* Capitol! I can't believe they ever took that off. (Although I wasn't a "young girl" watching that- I remember catching it between classes when I was in college, LOL.) The B & B was O.K. in the beginning, but once Brooke started marrying multiple men within the same family several times over, I couldn't watch it any longer. ;) They needed to add another family to the mix years ago! I haven't watched any of the shows regularly for a long time, but it's fun to tune in every once in a while and see how characters have changed. Anyone remember when Holden was the stable boy on ATWT? ~sigh~

Hmmmm. Last time I watched ATWT on a regular basis, Katie was trying to get pregnant. I used to like Carly, but she lost me when she kept betraying Jack. Yes! The old Mike was gorgeous. My husband will watch my soap with me if something really "good" (for lack of a better word) is going on....like when that nut was killing people at the lake.

I remember wathching Y&R back in the 70s when I was in elementary school. That was back when Kate Chancellor was married to Phillip. After a few years you just feel like you "know' these people. Do you remember when Nina was engaged to that writer? He used to make me just melt. I used to watch his scenes over and over (on tape) He was played by Anthony Quinn's son.

OK, on YnR, remember when Nicky was a stripper and was dating Paul? I never watch, but I always look at the mags in the grocery line and am happy to see an old favorite.
Meg Ryan used to be on ATWT, right?

Yes Meg Ryan played Betsy...remember the love triangle between her, steve and craig? What a couple of hotties!

Loved watching Capitol also, lol!

Aww...I used to watch that with my grandmother (we called her Big Ma, even though she was NEVER big!) when I was a little girl! We'd both drink left-over morning coffee with lots of milk and sugar(yeah, even when I was seven!!!), and watch "her story." I have to admit that I have watched it over the years, but not in a long time.

(I sure miss my Bigma...:-( )

>>>Ok maybe I have too much time on my hands but what can I
>>say?
>>>Im a stay at home mom who's gotten caught up in soap
>>>operas...Does anyone else watch As The World Turns? I
>wanted
>>>to vent a little about the current storyline...I've tried
>>>getting into The Young and The Restless but its too boring
>>for
>>>me....
>>
>>As a young girls I got hooked on Guiding Light Young &
>>Restless, ATWT and Capitol (does anyone remember that one).
>>Then I lost Guiding Light and ATWT through the Years I am a
>>fan of Y&R and Bold & The Beautiful since day 1 (anyone
>watch
>>that one)? I wanted to vent the other day bout that one.
>BTW
>>Ashley is on Bold and Beautiful now and Felicia from Bold &
>>Beautiful just made an appearance because of the Fashion
>>Magazine Nick, Phyllis, Sharon and Jack started. The old
>>Victoria is also on Bold & Beautiful, Jack Wagner too he is
>>still so hot!
>>beth6395
>>
>>
>OMGosh, I *loved* Capitol! I can't believe they ever took that
>off. (Although I wasn't a "young girl" watching that- I
>remember catching it between classes when I was in college,
>LOL.) The B & B was O.K. in the beginning, but once Brooke
>started marrying multiple men within the same family several
>times over, I couldn't watch it any longer. ;) They needed to
>add another family to the mix years ago! I haven't watched any
>of the shows regularly for a long time, but it's fun to tune
>in every once in a while and see how characters have changed.
>Anyone remember when Holden was the stable boy on ATWT? ~sigh~
>
>

That is so funny! yeah Brooke is ridiculous I like Taylor the poor lady can't get out of Brookes clutches although Taylor is falling in love with Brookes son. I am loving it .

beth6395

"You didn't pause your dvd and go make popcorn did ya"
-Cathe Friedrich

http://www.picturetrail.com/juicyfruities2002

oh yeah, that is right, Betsy and Steve! Wasn't Steve played by Michael Nouri who eventually became the guy love interest in Flash Dance? And Kevin Bacon was Sara the OBGYN's son.
good times

I watch B&B..... well, the scrambled egg story has me disgusted.

I used to watch ATWT but now I watch SpongeBob. :) I did see in TV Guide there will be a new Lily.

Gee, why am I not surprised that your frustration is with Katie LOL? I used to LOVE this character, back when she and Simon were THE supercouple on the show. My heart broke when they destroyed them (yes, I get a little attached to my couples ;)), and it's been downhill for Katie ever since. I remember the "golden days" when they were written so well, and no two actors ever had the kind of chemistry that Terri Colombino and Paul Leyden had *sigh*.

I stopped watching once they ruined the memory of S&K just so they could legitimize Mike and Katie. I felt pretty insulted as a fan because I watched their love story the first time around, and I hate it when soaps change history around just to suit the current plot.

I feel bad for Terri that she's perpetually stuck in a stupid storyline and stupid couples. She's a sweetie (was lucky enough to meet her once at a fan event), and wants so much for her character to be liked, but she can only do so much with stupid writing...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.