Art of Strength's Providence dvd

sue320

Cathlete
What am I missing? $50 for one 50 minute workout! Seriously? I mean, I have kb clinic and forked over the money for that but geez...having hard time swallowing this one.

Am I not understanding something?

TIA!

KB dvd's are notoriously high-priced. AOS does occasionally have sales. Stalk their site for a sale if you really want that offering. Of the KB dvd's I have (nothing from AOS), I like Lauren Brooks the best. Also, some psuedo KB dvd's can offer a satisfying, less expensive workout: the 10-minute solution one by Michelle Olson and the Angie Miller ones come to mind.

So glad to know I'm not just being cheap!

I found Lauren from the ongoing kb discussions. I have her vol. 1 and am going to buy vol. 2. I was hoping to add AOS Providence, figuring between the three that I'd have enough to keep me from getting bored for awhile.

Thanks for chiming in!

Have you looked at the Keith Weber Extreme Cardio Kettlebell DVD? It is $30 on the Dragondoor website. I have it and it kicks butt. It has 6 segemnts of short workouts for a total of around an hour. You can mix them up, just do what you want each day. If you are new to kettlebells, it may take you some time to get through the whole DVD in one session. I had to work up to it. It is well worth the money in my opinion. It is a tough workout that really challenges me. I love it! I have two of the AOS videos, the two with Beth Chamberlain, and they are both good, but very overpriced for what they are I think....I got them both on pre-sale prices so I didn't pay as much or I wouldn't have ordered them. Amy Bento has a pretty good one out too, I think it is called Kettlebell Dynamics. Not sure how much it is because I got it on the pre-sale also. I didn't think I would like it after I got it, and didn't do it until recently but was pleasently surprised.

I watched the preview video but it really didn't give me much information. Is this workout like a Cathe workout...what I mean is it work along? With AOS Clinic, there are two workouts that you are to repeat 3-5 times, which means putting the dvd on A-B repeat. I don't want that sort of thing (besides, I get bored).

It's certainly interesting looking. Thanks for mentioning it.

Do you mean the Keith Weber one? It is work along like Cathe. At the beginning of each segment he tells you what you will be doing and then does it with you and then progresses to the next segment. It is very fast paced, and each workout segment has several exercises that are typically 10 reps per side without breaks in between. There is an upper body segment, a leg burner segment, a swing workout, a turkish get-up segment, a slingshot workout and an ab segment (that I Love!) if I remember right. This is a much tougher workout than the AOS DVS's I have and almost half the price. I wish he would make another!

Do you mean the Keith Weber one? It is work along like Cathe. At the beginning of each segment he tells you what you will be doing and then does it with you and then progresses to the next segment. It is very fast paced, and each workout segment has several exercises that are typically 10 reps per side without breaks in between. There is an upper body segment, a leg burner segment, a swing workout, a turkish get-up segment, a slingshot workout and an ab segment (that I Love!) if I remember right. This is a much tougher workout than the AOS DVS's I have and almost half the price. I wish he would make another!

Keith Weber has another dvd out called Extreme Kettlebell Cardio Workout Volume 2. It's at Dragon Door.

Keith Weber has another dvd out called Extreme Kettlebell Cardio Workout Volume 2. It's at Dragon Door.

I had no idea! I check once in a while and was just on their site and didn't see it. Thank you for the info....it looks like a great workout! I just ordered it and can't wait to try it!!!!

You know I think that because they are a smaller operation that they have to charge more. It is such a specific type of work out. Not like basic aerobics. It is not that the production quality is all that great or the cueing for that matter but the moves are what I would consider advanced. I know to me they were expensive but I like them because you can grown with them. Start off slow and then add more weight the more comfortable that you feel with the moves.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.