anyone not following the insanity rotation?

Reviving this thread cause i'm having trouble sticking to a rotation.
Since I received my Insanity three weeks ago (use in a week and a half, then went to the beach for a week, now back in the swing of things), I have done nothing but the Insanity. I'm missing my heavy upper body, even though I did the upper body one from the deluxe. However, i also would love to get a run in here now and again.
Thinking of a way to mix Insanity cardio with p90X and some running. Any suggestions? I so wish I had STS but I don't:(
thanks in advance

Hi!

It's so funny that you posted this as I am going to be doing just that! Insanity, the X and running! I just finished my first week of Insanity and added an extra day to the rotation in order to fit in a run. I do not feel the NEED for a run while doing Insanity but I can't drop running all together or my endurance will be in the toilet in no time. I am also going to start adding in X u/b work outs during week 2. I have my rotation set up to do 2 u/b work outs per week. One falling on the day before the Insanity Recovery work out and the other falling on the same day as my run with my rest day following.

So here's a sample of what my rotation is going to be (this is week 2 of the Insanity rotation):

Day 1: Cardio Power & Resistance
Day 2: Pure Cardio
Day 3: Plyometric Cardio Circuit + X upper body work out
Day 4: Cardio Recovery
Day 5: Cardio Power & Resistance
Day 6: Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs
Day 7: Run + X upper body work out
Day 8: Rest

I may also put the X+ upper body plus work out in place of the regular X work outs as well. I'm going to try it both ways and see what I prefer or perhaps just alternate them all.

HTH!

Last edited:
i haven't done insanity in about 3 weeks now. from all the pushups in it i ended up with a shoulder issue that needed rest. not to mention i burnt out from it so quickly. i need to do something different each day to keep my interest. i plan eventually to go back to doing insanity at least one day per week but i'm waiting for the urge to hit to do so. i'm not really missing it right now.

Karie,

I understand your troubles with Insanity. The real possibility of quick burn out from doing such intense cardio almost daily (as well as the possible negative side effects of weight gain that it COULD have on me!) kept me from purchasing the program for quite some time. Sorry about the shoulder injury. Injuries sure do stink!

I have only just completed week 1 of my Insanity rotation. So far so good but we'll see what happens. If it turns out that I can't complete a full rotation then I will use the work outs as my cardio base with a regular weight lifting routine for a while and see if that work outs any better. I am keeping my fingers crossed though that I can get through it and see positive changes as so many others have reported! :)

Nope...at least not for another month! I have ordered it and it should arrive on Friday. I will use it on my cardio days for the remainder of my 2nd 3.5 mth rotation of STS. After that, I am considering using it in the way it was intended using the schedule provided. :)

In my first month I did cardio recovery one time and skipped it thereafter and subbed a Yoga DVD. Cardio Recovery is mostly stretching. I am loving Insanity. In my first two weeks I lost 6 lbs. I am pretty much following the rotation. I find it challenging to do my regular weight lifitng regime in conjunction with Insanity. I lift weights five days and do Insanity 5-6 days. Usually weights in the morning and Insanity in the pm.

This morning I did Max Cardio condtioning for the second time. I did better the first time that I did this disc. I don't know maybe I was just tired or maybe I switched and did cardio in the am when I usually do Insanity in the PM. Has anyone else had that experience of not doing as well the subsequent times doing an Insanity disc as when yu did it the first time?

I don't follow anything except cathe workouts and an occasional treadmill at my dads gym. Cathe's workouts just really do it for me! When I get a little bored with stepping I'll do her non-step workouts or hit the treadmill. :D

What and where can I find this Intensity Rotation? I feel so out of the loop! lol! I did a search, but...

Insanity is a new workout series from Beachbody. The rotation is the recommended one that came w/ the series. It's not one of the Cathe's rotations. HTH! :)

starting fri i'm going to follow insanity rotation adding barrys bootcamp upper on day 1,3, and 5.day 6 yogax. on recovery week do kb,coresynergistics,yogax. my job is sales floor so i do a lot of fast walking,pulling,and lifting. i hope i will b able to follow a rotation
without hurting myself

laura

I'm 9 days in and LOVING it. I'm doing it with my husband which adds to the motivation. I honestly think this might be the first time I stick with something to the end because I'm so motivated by the results that I'm already seeing! It is amazing.

Side note - this is really the first time I've MAJORLY cleaned up my eating act so I'm sure that's having a big impact too.

I will fallow it!!!!

I'm not fallowing as it is, but now that i see everyone here finding great results i will do it next month, I have done 1 month doing it 3 times for week, so next week is my rest week and the next one i will start doing as it is..

Any body else having the rest week next week?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.