Anyone just fed up with TV shows?

KimDW

Cathlete
I am so disappointed with TV lately. I HATE reality shows and it seems like more and more of them are showing up. And the shows I ususally like end up getting cancelled. CBS isn't renewing Moonlight or Vegas. I watched the season finale of The Office last night and was so disappointed that Jim didn't propose to Pam. Yes I know it's just a tv show but still. I know they need to leave a little hanging so you are anxious for next season to start but it irritated me.

Kim

Here's a thought.... don't watch ;) I haven't watched TV in about 7 years now and don't miss it one little bit. I've NEVER seen a reality TV show, never seen Survivor or American Idol. It's amazing how much you get done when you don't watch TV:p

I don't watch that much television to begin with(well, except for Mets games) and that's probably because, as you said, there is just a lot of junk out there.

I have to disagree about The Office, though. I thought last night's episode was one of the better of this season. And, personally, I think they made a HUGE mistake having Jim and Pam get together in the first place. It was so much nicer the first two seasons when they would flirt and we got to watch the anticipation. I think the show has gone downhill this season and, for me, it has a lot to do with them taking away the *unspoken* relationship between Jim and Pam.

I did love the whole Kevin storyline last night, though. I thought that was hilarious!:7

I don't watch as much TV as I used to. Just a few shows that really interest me. But I'm getting to where I'll just turn the thing off because it's not worth watching.

I rarely watch tv anymore. There are NO shows that I watch regularly. If I do turn it on, it's just to flick through the channels and then I end up picking something random. It's a total 180 from where I was last year with a billion shows that I just HAD to watch. Now I just watch rerunds of Family Guy and Friends...weird.

The computer, though, is another story....

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Your post reminded me how disappointed I was with the season finale of CSI last night. I really liked Warrick, and he was dishy too. :-( No fair.

Shell, if I stopped watching TV I wouldn't be getting anything done because I'd be hauled off in a strait jacket. TV takes my mind off the worries of the day, and allows me to mellow out and fall asleep. Without that little vacation from reality each day, I would be a basket case. ;)

Count me in as another non-tv watcher. Nothing but garbage on anymore. The only time I regularly watch tv is to put my Cathe dvd's in. Occasionaly I will watch food network.
I cant believe the language that is on shows anymore, unreal!

Tami

>Your post reminded me how disappointed I was with the season
>finale of CSI last night. I really liked Warrick, and he was
>dishy too. :-( No fair.
>
>Shell, if I stopped watching TV I wouldn't be getting anything
>done because I'd be hauled off in a strait jacket. TV takes
>my mind off the worries of the day, and allows me to mellow
>out and fall asleep. Without that little vacation from
>reality each day, I would be a basket case. ;)

Ditto everything you said...EVERYTHING!

I'm so bummed about Warrick ;( . Maybe he'll survive. Dare we hope!?

ETA that one of my favorite shows airs on cable through the summer -- The Closer. I can't wait for the new season to start!

ETA again this is from Wikipedia:

Warrick Brown's character will not return in Season 9, since Gary Dourdan and CBS could not come to terms on a contract; as a result, Warrick is shot by the undersheriff in the Season 8 finale, with his condition currently left ambiguous.[16][17]

We don't have cable and no other local channels come in good enough to watch. TV has gone down the tubes if you ask me and isn't worth watching. Like was mentioned you can also get more done if you don't watch it. I think the average american is rather addicted. Now I just need to shake my internet habit.. but then I use it for alot of research and to hear the news etc. Just like right now I could be doing something else. hehe ;)
But I do have a movie collection and my kids do too. so that makes up for no cable.

Seems like the only one that never lets me down is re-runs of "Everybody Loves Raymond"!:7 I don't watch TV as much as I used too, but when I do seems like I mostly watch the sitcoms! Oh yeh and "I Love Lucy"! Good comedy - great laughs!:7

I can't remember the last time I turned on the TV to watch anything but the weather. Or to play an exercise DVD. :7 I have no interest at all in it. I love to read though!

i also hate reality shows and competition shows like dance with stars. so boring to me.i used to watch star treck enterprise and st voyager but have seen every show. now,i only watch nick while having lunch or dinner. what i really miss is bugs bunny!

laura

I actually loved The Office last night!! I mean, come on, they have to have fodder for next season, right? The story lines are fantastic.

In general, yeah, I think most of what is on TV these days is crap. I hate all the reality stuff, too. Also seems like more new shows are popping up that won't make it past a few episodes.

I will be a hypocrite on one and say I do get a good chuckle out of Wife Swap. That shows kills me.

Debbie

A penny for your thoughts? Let me get you some change.

>Warrick Brown's character will not return in Season 9, since Gary Dourdan and CBS could not come to terms on a contract; as a result, Warrick is shot by the undersheriff in the Season 8 finale, with his condition currently left ambiguous.

Well shoot! Yes Nancy I agree - totally "dishy" and now I am bummed. I did have that sliver of hope. :(. Darn.

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

The guy who plays Warrick was also arrested on drug charges not to long ago. I use to watch CSI but I got bored a couple of seasons ago. I like Women's Murder Club. That is about all I watch except for what my daughter watches on Nogin.

Farrah

In general I liked The Office last night but just not how it ended. I was watching Without a Trace last night and I think they said they were moving it to another night next season. I think the network intentionally does this to set shows up for low ratings. Because people forget or can't remember what night it's now on and never end up watching it so then they cancel it.

>> CBS isn't
>renewing Moonlight ..

That bites (pun not intended, but rather witty if it were, n'est-ce pas?), especially since they keep on renewing Flava of love and I Love New York and all those other tacky "reality" shows (and a bit surprising, since the lead actor is always in TV guide as one of TV's sexiest actors. It always seems the shows I get interested in end up being cancelled. (I try to avoid getting interested in serialized shows, because a couple of seasons ago---or was it last year?--there were 3 or 4 that I liked, that were cancelled before things were brought to a conclusion).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.