Anyone have a spinning bike at home??

Hi there,
I am planning on buying a spinning bike from spinning.com and was wondering if anyone has bought from them before? I currently go 1-2 times per week to a class and they have the Spinner Pro bikes. Does anyone have the Spinner Sport? Also, where can I get good spin DVD's or music? There has been a lot of talk about Cardio Coach and I was wondering if it would be good for spinning as well? Any info at all would really be appreciated!!
I am anxiously awaiting my first set of Cathe DVD's as well! Should be here by the end of the week-so excited!
Thanks,
Shannon

Hi Shannon,
I bought the Spinner Sport package deal (with 6 extra DVDs, a gel seat cover, and upgraded pedals) about three weeks ago from Spinning.com and love it.

It's actually a pretty light, but sturdy bike. I've been using one of the 30 minute Johnny G DVDs that came with it, some Spinervals (www.spinervals.com), and some Les Mills RPM DVDs (that I bought off ebay).

The bike comes almost fully assembled (you just have to put on the handle bar and pedals). It took my DH about an hour to put it together.

Oh, and it was delivered about a week after I ordered it too. I was surprised because I live on the East Coast and it was sent from the West Coast. Great delivery service. :)

HTH,
Kathy G

I use cardio coach and itrain icycles at home for spinning. I previewed spinervals but they werenot my cup of tea. I also like Mindy's super cycle.

I love my Jhonny G spinning bike. I have all his DVDs plus the itrain stuff, not to mention the fantastic Spinervals. Love spinning!

Hi Shannon,

I highly recommend buying your spinning bike from Studio Cycles (http://www.studiocycles.com/). Jeff Whimmer is THE authority on bike repair and actually is the main bike maintenance person for Madd Dogg athletics (the certifying body for spinning instructors and Johnny G). At any rate, Jeff actually tunes every single bike before he ships, so you are getting a bike that is guaranteed to last you a long time. I am a certified spinning instructor as well, and Jeff is the best. He also throws in DVDs and his prices are very competitive with Spinning.com. With Jeff you will get peace of mind that you wouldn't get ANYWHERE else. He also sells bikes on eBay from time to time. Anyway, just wanted to make sure you were aware that Jeff was out there. I received my bike (2007 Spinner Pro) almost 4 weeks ago, and it's fabulous - absolutely no regrets. Jeff is also very responsive to questions and will work with you to understand your needs and make sure that you're getting the right bike for your needs. You can tell him that Nia from TX sent you :) Seriously, check him out - you won't be disappointed.

P.S. Jeff is currently selling 2007 Spinner Pro's on eBay for $775 + $125 S&H. THis is a great deal. His handle is jwspindoctor1113ufj. He really dropped the price; wish I would have waited about 5 weeks :). Here's the short version of what you get (WORTH EVERY PENNY!):
2007 Star Trac Johnny G Spinner Pro – Unboxed, fully tuned, then professionally double boxed, shipped VIA UPS fully insured with clip in pedals included ( these DON’T normally come with the bike) 5 DVD’s,2 Sets of Spin music, a 50.00 service manual, extended lifetime warranty, lifetime parts replacement, lifetime email and phone tech support.
Here's the link to the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/07-Star-Trac-Jo...ryZ15276QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Your friend in fitness,
FitGirl-ATX

Picture Trail URL: http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=fitgirl-atx

"I am only competing with the me I have yet to be..."

Thanks everyone for your input. I had just checked out Jeff Whimmer on ebay before I posted and will seriously consider him, especially at that price. Would also like to certify to be a spin instructor since our rec center here doesn't have it. Anyway, thanks so much--I will definitely use all the advice. Love this forum!
Shannon

Bumping this thread b/c I also purchased my Spin bike from Jeff Wimmer.
Awesome service. He calls you/emails back himself and walks you thru the whole spin bike ownership. He has videos on his site that you can view and his technical reputation is second to none. He's on FB also. :rolleyes:

http://www.studiocycles.com/

No other website in the world has this option!
You can call our toll free number and connect directly with me; Jeff Wimmer, the owner of the company AND most knowledgeable indoor cycling source in the WORLD. If you don’t get me directly, leave your name, number and any other information such as what your budget might be, what you are used to riding and I will personally call you back within 24-48 hours! I speak on average with 5-10 parties every day, from home buyers to large fitness facilities, often times on Saturdays and Sundays. Making myself available to my valued customers has always been just one of the glaring difference between myself and the rest of the companies out there doing nothing more than processing your credit card and sending you a bike in the box that they have nothing to do with.
Try calling ANY other website that sells indoor group cycles and asking them to speak to the owner, or how many tech manuals they have written, (We’re working on Volume 7 as you read this), how many bikes they’ve serviced (We’ve done EASILY over 100,000 bikes), how many bikes they’ve installed (We’ve professionally built tuned and installed 10’s of thousands of bikes for the biggest manufacturers at the best clubs), ask them what SPECIFIALLY they do to their bikes? Are they official tech support providers to any of the big industry leaders? (We are the first, current and ONLY official tech support to the Spinning® program in the world!) Ask about the warranty they provide (ours is lifetime) and do they do lifetime parts replacement? (We do) Do they have an indoor cycling specific retail store? (We have the only indoor cycling specific store on the planet) How many World Spinning conferences have they taught technical courses at? (5 conferences thus far and we will be in Miami for WSSC 2010) Do they consult with ANY of the big 4 indoor cycling companies? (We work with Star Trac, Schwinn and Spinning.com and we’ve had serious unofficial consults and pow wows with Lemond, Keiser and Trixter) Do they even teach, take or participate in indoor cycling classes or actively use an indoor cycle? (Jeff is riding or testing 5 or more times a week) Now all this and 4 bucks gets us a cup of coffee, but if you’re looking for the perfect bike to suite your specific needs and parameters, this option is PRICELESS and it’s FREE!
1-888-909-BIKE (2453)

Last edited:
I got my bike from spinning.com. Got the Spinner Fit with 6 DVDs and the gel seat, too!! LOVE, LOVE!!! As the other poster indicated, the bike comes pretty much assembled - just pop in the seat and the handlebars. Took a little effort to get it out of the box (I live alone, so...), but then just minutes to get the pieces put in place. I've used 3 of the 6 DVDs so far and am enjoying them - very good workouts. Plus, the same folks have a DVD of the month club you can join ($17 per month) and you get rides both "in class" and outdoors, "on the road." Looking forward to those. The bike is very solid and fits nicely in my one-bedroom apartment. Go for it!!

Cycle Cathe ♥

I got my bike from spinning.com. Got the Spinner Fit with 6 DVDs and the gel seat, too!! LOVE, LOVE!!! As the other poster indicated, the bike comes pretty much assembled - just pop in the seat and the handlebars. Took a little effort to get it out of the box (I live alone, so...), but then just minutes to get the pieces put in place. I've used 3 of the 6 DVDs so far and am enjoying them - very good workouts. Plus, the same folks have a DVD of the month club you can join ($17 per month) and you get rides both "in class" and outdoors, "on the road." Looking forward to those. The bike is very solid and fits nicely in my one-bedroom apartment. Go for it!!

Congrats on the Spin Bike...I can't wait for the new Low Impact Series and Cycle Cathe!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.