Anyone else going through IVF?

Annie973

Just curious to see if anyone else is going through ivf? My friends don't understand what I'm going through and DH is sick of talking about it lol...I would love to hear of any success stories to give me some hope!!

I can tell you that my brother and his wife had successful IVF. My brother is paralyzed, so that was the only way they could have kids, and they of course encountered a few difficulties unique to their situation. I won't go into any details to keep their privacy. But yes, there is definitely hope! Good luck!

I just went through taking the repronex and ovidrel myself and it didnt work. i needed to take a break b/c as u said it was too much and did too much to my body even though i still have faith.

if you want to pm me and i can maybe help explain all the details i went through too i would be happy to let you know that you are not alone!

I didn't do Ivf but we did use clomid with sucsess after a 4 year infertility stretch (we are due in Jan.). There is a website www.resolve.org which I found to be an excellent source of information and support. Good luck to you!:)

I went through IVF 2 years ago and have beautiful twins! We were successful on the first try, after years of other infertility tries...My DH has poor spermies.

But, it CAN work! Hang in there-I know how difficult it is for you. PM if you ever want to talk about it. I am thinking of you -

dh and i suffered from infertility for years and that's such a hard issue to go through as a couple. we were going to begin ivf treatments, but as soon as i gave up on the idea of getting pregnant, i tested positive for pregnancy 2 weeks before my first ivf appt and now have a daughter. i joined a support group while all of this was happening and i am very happy to report that all of my close friends (4 couples) who went through with it now have beautiful twins. it's so tough, but it does work!

I have a good story for you.

My sister has wanted a baby for yrs. She finally had to take the IVF route, after trying different things.
She tried 2 summers ago, everything kind of went haywire, not according to planned. One day there would be 5 good eggs, the next day some of those would be dead and then they would have to wait for more...etc. Long story short ,it didn't work that summer and she was devasted!
She tried again last summer and things went alot smoother. Everything went so well that they made her stay near the clinic for a little longer b/c they wanted to keep an eye on her. They also had 4-5 eggs left over to freeze (the summer before that they didn't have any). She was only home a couple of days and she started her period again.
We even talked about me carrying a baby for them if need be. Sure, she had never been pregnant so it wasn't the fact of her miscarrying, but I did have 2 pregnancies with no complications.Each time the IVF didn't work she talked about travelling instead and seeing the world. Clearly that wasn't what she wanted.
She decided to bite the bullet again last winter and use her frozen eggs. It was also alot cheaper. No one really talked about it much, I wasn't even certain about the dates she was going, thats how little I thought of it. I think the whole family wondered why she was going to do this to herself again. The chances of it working was only 15%.
Anyway....she is now 24 weeks pregnant! With one baby! Two of the eggs did implant but one never amounted to much.
I don't think she will try it again. She does have 1 frozen egg left but the chances of it surviving plus, implanting are very slim. I think she will be very happy with the one baby she as.

GOOD LUCK!!!!! There are lots of success stories I am sure.If its meant to be, when its your time, it will work for you!

Lori:)

Yes - We did it over 11 years ago and had twins on the first try! I'm sure the technology has only improved since then.

My girlfriend did IVF a few years ago and on the second try had a beautiful baby girl. Now she's done it again, but this time she's pregnant with three boys! NO - she wasn't expecting that. They were frozen from her first try so I think they put more in becuase the odds were lower. Turns out they put three eggs in, two took but then 1 of the two divided so she has identical boys and a fraternal one in there. CRAZY!

Take it step by step and don't let yourself get ahead of the process. Just do your best each day. It can be overwhelming if you think too much about it. PM me if you want to chat more.

Good luck.

Oh - I kept a journal of the entire process. I think it helped me to write down all that was happening including the shots, test results, etc. Having it written down meant I could put it away and focus on the rest of my day.

Yes- we did IVF eight years ago. First time only had four embies and none of them took. The second time, I became pregnant with my daughter. Six months after giving birth, I miraculously became pregnant with my son. Then four years later, after losing one tube and being told the other one didn't work, I became pregnant with my youngest son. So yes- miracles do happen and they happen exactly when they are supposed to!

Good luck to you on this journey- feel free to e-mail me if you ever want to talk. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Jean

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.