Anyone doing "Shovel Max" today?

Debinmi

Cathlete
We got 6 inches of heavy, wet snow overnight ... spent 2 hours doing "shovel-max" (and fed the birds). Anyone else?

...we were told we were going to get up to 8 inches of snow, but we just got sleet & freezing rain.
We're being told we could get a blizzard this weekend ... I hope they're wrong! It's very pretty out as the snow is sticking to every branch & twig but our neighbors are without power due to tree limbs being down... we were spared that.

... I don’t like snow!!
Living in Michigan you kinda got to learn to like winter or you'll be miserable for 3+ months. Our area has lots of hills, so sledding (& tobogganing) & ice skating were fun past-times. Then my dad bought a snowmobile - we hit the trails every weekend. Then we got into X-C skiing until my sister fell and wrenched her knee badly. We switched to snowshoeing & "snow-max" out here in the country.

I’m in Houston, Texas and I saw on the news that next Monday - Wednesday is going to get really cold, like into the 20’s with a chance of snow flurries. My biggest worry is that this won’t be a repeat of the winter storm in 2021 that left most of Texas, the self proclaimed energy capital of the United States in the dark for days and resulted in a lot of deaths. Be safe y’all!

...My biggest worry is that this won’t be a repeat of the winter storm in 2021 that left most of Texas, the self proclaimed energy capital of the United States in the dark for days and resulted in a lot of deaths. Be safe y’all!
I remember that ... those who had money, power, or position took off for Cancun & gave their "thoughts & prayers" for their fellow suffering Texans.

I hope we all stay safe during these up-coming storms too! Those tornados down South looked wicked! Can't imagine the devastation.

I remember that ... those who had money, power, or position took off for Cancun & gave their "thoughts & prayers" for their fellow suffering Texans.

I hope we all stay safe during these up-coming storms too! Those tornados down South looked wicked! Can't imagine the devastation.
Oh yeah and I told my husband yesterday that I was gonna be madder than a hornet if there was a repeat of 2021 and he said well then write a letter to your congressman. And I said sure I’ll write to senator Ted Cruz and ask if I can go to Cancun too when he flees the state when the grid goes down . Apparently senator cruz has a house in river oaks, the very swanky part of Houston and a bunch of people protested in front of his house. I think they had a mariachi band and everything!

I forgot to add that my total body barbell and gloved up and sweaty are still floating around a usps facility in Houston!!

Last edited:
Little bit. I did the porch and around it. Hubby used the 4x4 and blade to do our incredibly long AF driveway. It's longer than 2 football fields, so...
We got between 6-7 inches, but 30MPH winds had drifts over 15inches tall.
Another 7-10 inches scheduled to hit tomorrow eve into Friday.

OMG, you all know what drama it would be if that was me! I hope you get them soon,
have you called the Postal service? I'd have them on "speed dial" :):)
I remember! No I haven’t bothered to call USPS because I’ve been there done that and can’t get answers anyway. If it goes back to Dallas again it’s going to be hilarious. It’s ok, it’s it like I lack for workouts!!!

I've had parcels dance between cities as well. It's hilarious. Sometimes I think it's deliberate.
We had snow but not a "shovel max" amount thankfully. Now we have arctic air. Winter has arrived. I see the long term forecast has a return to a mild winter. This week is a rest/recovery week for me, so I'm bored. Too cold to be outside for walks. walking with Leslie indoors.
I think the 2023 videos and STS 2.0 are so much fun, something fresh about them. So impressed that Cathe can keep producing quality workouts like these.

I think the 2023 videos and STS 2.0 are so much fun, something fresh about them. So impressed that Cathe can keep producing quality workouts like these.
I agree. These do seem fresh! Maybe it's the new sets & lighting; maybe it's fresh moves/exercises; maybe I was ready for something new!

Drats! We had another 2 inches of snow this morning - easy enough to shovel tho. The current snowflakes are melting as they touch. But the forecasters are still predicting a "high impact event" for Friday-Saturday with 10-14 inches predicted for our area plus strong artic winds ... a combination for a power outage. But we have water stored. Our main grocery store was packed this morning with people stocking up. We have pulled pork in the slow cooker now; have lots of salad fixings in the fridge; boiled some eggs; am roasting some nuts now. Tomorrow we'll boil water and put in thermos for hot/warm tea. Flashlights, laterns, phones, tablets are all charged up, extra batteries freshly purchased. Sometimes I think we should invest in a generator, but not sure the cost/benefit ratio is worth the few times we're without power. But it could get dang cold over the weekend! Hope everyone gets thru these storms alright! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.