Anyone do Imax3 on a 8 inch plateform?

Hmmm someone brought up going from 6 to 8 and less bulky thighs.. I didnt think of that.. but yes mine have decreased in size (don't measure can tell in pants) - I wonder if the 6 - 8 inch had something to do with that???

Wow! What a great response, and such a variety of responses too!!! I"m a hardcore cardio junkie. I will continue to do 8-inch step. I'm almost 5'8", so I should be able to handle it. ;) It certainly is a jolt to my system though. I"m able to do 8-inch plateform in both Imax 1 & 2 no problem. I'm sure it has to do with adaptability & the newness of the workout too.
Thanks again ladies & enjoy your hardcores!!!!

**Melanie**
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

And for those of you who are not tall and not in your late 20's I would like to provide some inspiration. I am 5'with my shoes on, 46 years old, very lucky to have never had knee problems and I can do IMAX and IMAX 2 on an 8 inch step as well as all of the other step videos. I do start out at 6 inches and move to 8 whenever I'm ready. As for IMAX3, who knows when and if that will be. Right now the intervals are wearing me out so much and the recovery periods are so short, I'm VERY happy to be using a 6 inch step.

Lois

"Don't forget to breathe!"

I did the IMAX extreme workout last night that combines LoMax and IMAX3. I set my step at 8 inches because that's what I do LoMax on. That was an ugly surprize! Attempting IMAX on an 8 inch step was nasty. That and the fact that I'm still so annoyed at the cueing in IMAX 3. Many times Cathe doesn't cue the moves or she only cues them as she is doing them, which is too late for my slow brain and body to do them. x(

I do all my workouts on an 8" step, but had some concerns about blasts #1 and #7 with Imax 3. (I don't like the idea of jumping off the step at that height, and I thought those straddle jumping jacks in blast #7 were too tricky to do so quickly without one of these days catching my foot on the bench.) I don't want to lower the step for the whole workout because I don't feel like I'm working hard enough at 6", but I don't want to have to keep stopping mid-workout to raise and lower it for these 2 intervals.

My solution was to step down instead of jump off the bench in blast #1 (it's still a very challenging blast with the staddle taps, power 7's and jumping up on the bench). Also, I keep my High Step topper with one riser underneath it off to the side for blast #7. (It's the perfect size, since blast #7 doesn't require a whole lot of bench surface.) Blast #10 also has you jumping off the bench, but for some reason I don't feel as much impact jumping backwards off the bench as I do jumping off the side like in blast #1, so I don't feel the need to modify that one.

At any step height, this would be a killer workout. I sometimes find the off bench blasts to be the harder ones, so you could be using a 4" step and still get wiped out by any of the Imaxes.

Mephie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.