Anybody having issues with Itunes?

Tamrahan

Cathlete
Anybody else having problems with Itunes?

I haven't had to sync my ipod in a while but I did yesterday (after I down loaded a new Itunes update) because I added new music. Big mistake. Anyway, no matter what I do my playlists will not appear on my ipod. I see them in Itunes but not in my ipod. I've tried manually, and checking sync selected playlists vs entire library in the music tab. Nothing works.

It's really not a big deal except for when it comes to Cardio Coaches. They were all jumbled up so I had to go an re-title some of them. (some were titled Cardio Coach, Sean o'malley, O'malley/washburn, etc) So now they all match and so now at least I can go to artist and do volumes 1-8. But Pump still appears all jumbled up and the Push Play work out is ok except challenge 3 vpp-06 wont play in order.

This is bugging me!

Ah, I'll bet that's my problem! I wasn't seeing a new playlist in workout muse, but maybe that's cause it's not even on the ipod. Ok, yep, I just confirmed.... it's not on the ipod! Wow, that's crummy, eh?! I have noticed with a recent upgrade (both itunes and my ipod OS software), the whole thing is so much slower. Apple, please, what are you doing?!

I'm not a techie so I figured it was an 'operator error" ;)
I thought I was losing my mind.

I've been googling and apparently there are all kinds of problems with playlists, podcasts etc but I can't find a solution or WHEN apple will be dealing with this :mad:.

Wow! Thanks for the heads up. I haven't downloaded the newest version of iTunes. I figured I would just wait because they have a 'newer' version almost every week!

Hmmmm... I updated my iTunes to the latest version (9.0.2) and my playlists are fine. I have synched both my iPod and iPhone several times since then because I purchased new songs and my playlists are still intact.

Well, maybe it was the actual ipod s/w update, not itunes, that did it. My advice to everyone would be if you don't have to upgrade, just don't do it. The other problem I discovered last night is that I like to manually manage my podcasts so they aren't automatically removed.... well, it removed everything it thought I had listened to. So frustrating! I fall asleep listening to podcasts, so next time start them from the point where I fell asleep, but now they're gone and I can't do that. Does anyone know how to re-get a podcast if itunes thinks you have listened to it already?

Well, maybe it was the actual ipod s/w update, not itunes, that did it. My advice to everyone would be if you don't have to upgrade, just don't do it. The other problem I discovered last night is that I like to manually manage my podcasts so they aren't automatically removed.... well, it removed everything it thought I had listened to. So frustrating! I fall asleep listening to podcasts, so next time start them from the point where I fell asleep, but now they're gone and I can't do that. Does anyone know how to re-get a podcast if itunes thinks you have listened to it already?
My iPod and iPhone have been updated with the latest software.

My DH downloads tons of podcasts and they are completely intact as well.

We have a Mac computer. I wonder if that makes a difference? I just know that when I saw this thread I panicked :eek: and immediately checked to make sure all of my playlists and my DH's podcasts were there, and they are. Phew!!

ETA I'm so sorry for the problems you're all having. I hope you get it figured out!!

Last edited:
My podcast (I only have 1, it's Robert Ullrey's c to 5k week 1-9) is still there however I have not listened to it for quite a while. But when I first added that after I listened to weeks 1-3 they vanished when I synced my ipod, so I had to go back and download them again. And I think I had to go to the podcast tab and put a check in a box that says "Automatically include all episodes of all podcasts." After I did that they stayed.

So my issued right now is only with my playlists. I'm not going to touch my podcast at all.

1.0.4 is the current version of itunes-according to when I click on the check for update button on itunes summary page.

ETA: correction, my podcasts are in itunes but no longer syncing with my ipod either. Bummer.

ETA #2. I was able to sync my ipod and get my podcast in there but still no playlists.

Last edited:
I have a mac also. And, that's exactly what happens to me.... the podcasts sync, but the playlists don't, and unfortunately, even though I have it on "manage podcasts manually", it's removing the podcasts it thinks I've listened to.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.