Any workouts you wouldn't buy again?

amron

Cathlete
Hi, I am just building up my Cathe collection and so far have Cardio Hits, Imax 2, C&W, Low Max, PH, MIS, Body Max, Stretch Max, and have coming Butts and Gutts and Drill Max.

I am thinking of getting CTX, Rhythmic Step, Interval Max and MIC, KPC + L&G, SJP + SB, Imax 3, Hardcore Extreme, The GS series, PUB & PLB. Just wondering if there are any of these workouts that you wouldn't buy again/have sold or are redundant from newer workouts.

Also are there any workouts that I haven't considered buying that you consider are a must have.

Thanks for your responses.

Kim:)

I wouldn't buy Kickmax again. I'm an intermediate level and the combos alone are not intense enuff and the blast are way too hard for my level.

I wouldn't buy CTX 10.10.10, Step Intervals, or All Step WHEN I BOUGHT THEM. Let me explain!

I had been working out with The Firm and maybe some Kathy Smith videos for about a year, but I kept seeing stuff about Cathe on VF. So, I saw these three videos on eBay. They were cheap, and, hey, they weren't long workouts so I thought they would be good for starting Cathe.

WRONG!!!! I was NOT at all ready! I could barely get half way through the 30 minute cardio of All Step for at least a month! I almost gave up on my and Cathe's relationship! But, then I started reading the forum, and getting more educated about her (and exercise in general). So, that's how it started. I have about 10 of her workouts now, and reach for them almost all the time. And although I still have a hard time with the Step Intervals (well, maybe not; I haven't tried it in months...hmmm), I'm glad I have those three VHS tapes. I have to laugh when I think of how naive I was to think that just because they were short workouts, they'd be easy!!!!

I have gotten rid of, and would not buy again:
Kick Max
Stretch Max
Hardcore Extreme
Imax 3
Step, Jump and Pump/Step Blast (all I need of them is on the Timesaver DVD)

I still have, but would not buy again:
High Step Challenge

Must haves:
The Pyramids
IMAX2
KPC/Leaner Legs

Kim...I have most all of Cathe except the beginner ones she did not long ago. I even have some duplicated in VHS. I would NOT consider getting rid of any!! I'll even keep my VHS....crazy, no doubt...but I love Cathe workouts!!!!

I haven't regretted a Cathe purchase except basic step and stetch max.

I don't own and probably wouldn't buy Kick Max, High Step Circuit, Pure Strength, the wedding workout, ab hits, and the classics vol I.

I have everything you have and everything you're getting with the exception of CTX (which I eventually plan on getting.) I don't regret any of my Cathe purchases. The only one I don't use as much as the others is MIS, PH and Body Max. I like heavy lifting better so I much prefer Slow & Heavy. I would definitely consider adding this one to your collection. I love all of the ones you are considering. Also, I know some people consider Push/Pull Supersets an intermediate workout but I really like these two workouts. The music is great and they have some different exercises not on the other workouts and some great premixes. I'm not going to bother getting the Classics because I prefer complex choreography and I don't think it would be that challenging for me. I have made great strength gains with the GS series. Legs & Glutes is my favorite leg workout along with GS Legs. I also don't know whether I'm going to bother with Pure Strength since I already have GS, the Pyramids and Slow & Heavy. I also really like Kick Max. I think it's a love/hate thing with this workout. The leg drills are really challenging and I find it a fun and challenging workout.

I'm sure you will enjoy all of your new purchases.

Marcy

I would also consider getting High Step Training Advanced. This is a super tough circuit workout. I like it because you used a fixed weight barbell and only 2 sets of dumbbells. It makes the workout go by much quicker without having to change the weights all the time. She has different exercises in it like one armed tricep dips, decline pushups, crossover pushups and tricep overhead extensions while doing static lunges. The only thing is there are tons of leg presses so if you don't like leg presses, you may not want it or maybe you could just skip a couple of rounds. The choreography for the cardio is very basic but challenging and there are 6 premixes.

Marcy

marcy love HSTA, yeah lots of leg presses but leg presses give me results. its a killer though to do the cardio then move right into leg work. i like using the cardio premix for short pick up cardio after doing weight work.

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

"And do what thee wilt as long as ye harm none"

I have them all! I love them all! I would not trade any of them nor do I lend any to friends. I am very particular about my Cathe dvd's. They are something I use six days a week!

Love...Love...Love them!!!!:7

I just got cardio kicks and circuit max and don't really like cardio kicks. I am advanced and found after doing kick,punch and crunch and kick max that this was way too basic and didn't really get my heart rate up at all. I did like circuit max though so it wasn't a total waste of money. I don't like the high step beginner tape that came with my high step either. It was also too easy but that is why it is beginner I guess:). In the same shipment I received Low Max which I love. The Gym Style series, LOVE. The terminator, trying it today. Imax 3, love the intesity and the premixes. So 99% of the time you can't go wrong with Cathe.
Laura

Anne: What else don't you like about CTX besides them taking up too much room? I was thinking about getting them but I might rethink my decision.

Marcy

I wouldn't buy Stretch Max again. I prefer yoga for flexibility training, although if Stretch Max had been chaptered better, I would probably use it to stretch specific body parts as needed.

Kathryn,

Why wouldn't you buy High Step Challenge again? Just wondering as I am considering adding it to my collection.

TIA

I probably wouldn't have purchased any Circuit style DVDs if I had known what I would like the most. I have Hi Step Challenge, Hi Step Adv, Terminator, Cardio & Weights and I never use them. I pre-ordered Body Max 2 because I will probably use the cardio sessions. I prefer to keep my weights separate from my cardio, and want to spend more time weight training than the circuit workouts provide.

Just my $0.02

monica

I have all the Cathe workouts except the beginer ones, and the only workouts I've not enjoyed are CTX, I'm one of the few who got no results from that. I would say though, I have the vhs and am considering getting the dvd, because sometimes I need a half hour cardio and they are prefect for that. Also I have the timesaver from BB series and I've never used that. I think all Cathes workouts are great and also can be modified to anyones level of fitness.
Deanie:)
PS- I got the PS series in the video sale and later bought GS series and they are pretty much the same but I like GS better. So maybe I wouldn't recommend PS just go right for GS.

For me, Kick Max is worth it for the leg conditioning drills, and doing them has enabled me to kick higher. I often tack on the leg conditioning drills after another kickboxing workout. I agree that the combos are a bit slow, but the blast makes up for it. I vary the impact that I do, and I don't do high impact every single day.

I am thinking of getting rid of Pure Strength and Stretch Max.

I have CTX and I enojoy the series quite a bit. It does take some room but they are worth it. I have the series in VHS and I'm considering rebuying on DVD.
-Jane

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.