Any reviews for Peak Fit Challenge out there?

Czechfan

Cathlete
Hi;)

I've been sort of considering Michelle Dozois's new "Peak Fit Challenge system" https://www.peakfitchallenge.com/flare/info/TheChallenge and was wanting to know if anyone has this, and if so what did you think of them? I don't really need this but I do like having new fresh workouts to do to keep me motivated. I did pre-order Cathe's new low-impact series which was a no brainer for me because anything Cathe is awesome. I've looked at Asylum and decided that would be way too much for me. I do have Insanity and like that. So, I'm interested in any reviews for Peak Fit Challenge and value your input so thanks in advance.

Hugs!

Nora

Hi,
I caved and bought these. They just arrived the other day. I bought the series to see if they will help me break thru a weight plateau. I moved to Boston three years ago and put on 12 lbs. I started watching my weight and upped my Cathe workouts and have lost 8 of the 12 lbs but have been struggling with the last 4 lbs for a few months. I will be moving to Fl in a few months and am hoping my weight doesn't spiral again. I did Pure Cardio today and liked it. It is interval based, 8 intervals in total with 3 sections per interval; a short warmup section called base camp, a more intense and longer phase called ascent and a peak intensity interval called climb. The entire workout is about 50' and concludes with a great 5' cool down. However I needed to add my own warmup as I didn't feel the warmup included was sufficient. It was too jerky and faced paced and it didnt leave me limber enough for the workout i also added a short ab routine and cathes pyramid shoulders and biceps I previewed one of the weight workouts and at least the workout I viewed is a very different style from Cathes weight workouts. It is more rapid paced and looks like it is more like a cardio weight workout. I intend on following the 8 week rotation as described in the Peak Fit Calendar but will include Cathe workouts as add-ons as I go. I shall keep you updated as I try each workout. Sorry, I offer you any more detail today but will post as I go through the rotation.
Cathy

I would hold off ordering the set! There are several people (me included) who ordered this series and they arrived badly scratched. I'm waiting for my replacements.

So far I like the full body workouts and cardio intervals. I'm drenched after each workout. The cardio is very similar to Turbo Fire, but less frantic. These work well with Jari Love and Cathe's bootcamp & circuit style workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.