Any other Top Chef addicts out there?

nancy324

Cathlete
I don't always love everything they do on that show, but I cannot stop watching it. I think I've seen every episode at least twice. For those who are into it, who are you rooting for? Personally, if Casey doesn't win, I'll be heartbroken. :p

Nancy, i'm obsessed as well!! I like Casey, as long as Hung (sp) doesnt win....that's terrible, i dont like his attitude!! I liked the Next food network star as well.
Steph

I love this show. I watch it on Wednesday night then usually try to catch it again on Saturday. I hope Casey wins as well. I do not like Hung and while I think Dale is a good guy, I feel that he has made it as far as he has partly out of luck and partly because it played it safe and was always in the middle of the pack!

Teri, I really like Dale. His speech on the last episode actually made me cry. He's a great guy. But Casey really deserves to win. And it is so difficult for women to succeed in that industry, I think it would be great encouragement for other women out there.

I like Dale too and I think he is a good guy I just don't think he is as talented as the others. I agree Casey deserves to win and it would do wonders as far as encouraging other women in the industry as well as those who are considering it

I am a complete Top Chef addict!! I try to watch it on Wednesdays, but the new episode is airing at 11 pm, way past my bedtime and I am usually sound asleep before that!

I am rooting for Casey!!!! Not because she is a woman but because she has come a long way and has made an incredible improvement over the course of the show.

I absolutely dislike Hung. He strikes me as a self-centered, self-absorbed jerk and I would be pissed if he won.

I like Dale's story but I don't think he is as talented as Casey is, however, I'd be ok with either of them, ANYTHING but Hung.

Last season, I really liked Sam, I was PO when Sam was eliminated and Ilan and Marcel went on. I thought it was a horrible mistake! Didn't like Marcel or Ilan, although I thought Ilan was the lesser of two evils.

Crazy, but I can't stop watching it. But I am also a Project Runway fan, can't wait for the new season!!!!

I also love Project Runway, Carola.

Which new episode is on at 11pm? All the episodes I've seen have been on at 10pm.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't dislike Hung particularly. He plays by the rules. Sure, towards the end he has not been willing to help anyone else, but, as Hung himself said, if he were in a restaurant he would be helping others, because that's a team effort. Top Chef pits individuals against each other. If you win, I lose.

The contestants I've disliked are those that badmouth the others. I've never heard Hung badmouth anyone. He says "we're all great chefs here". I respect that attitude.

I think it's a great season. Fewer personality conflicts, more great chef judges. And of course, great food. :9 :9

I am in AZ, 11 pm is when the new episode is on here.

I guess you are right that Hung is not as bad as Marcel was last season. But I can't say that I particularly like Hung. Don't know exactly what it is! Maybe just that he thinks that he is better than the rest of them!!???

I love all of Bravo's shows. I really like this show and especially this season. I was devastated last season when they sent Sam home! I really thought he should have won and still haven't got over it :). In the first part of the finale I was nervous that Casey was going to go home. I just love her and hope that she wins. Dale's speech was great and I am so glad that TC helped him out of his rut and got him back in his groove. I just don't think he should be the TC. Also, don't get me started on Hung. He is kind of a jerk and thinks way too highly of himself. Though his speech about his family coming over from Vietnam was nice too and it made me like him more than I did previously.

Go Casey!!

Thank goodness someone started a "Top Chef" thread! I love, love love Bravo, Project Runway, Tim Gunns new show, etc...but especially Top Chef!

I was sorta rooting for Brian, I walked right by his restaurant while in San Diego, but have gone to Casey's side. I. think despite her lack of "technical" training, she churns out some pretty amazing stuff. I do not know how the heck they even do any of this! They are all so very talented, I was upset when Trey got the boot, I thought Sara should have been the one to go before him. I loved Howie and Joey too, actually all of them are great. Good casting.

I do not really mind Hung, I read somewhere the judges hope he brings more of his ethnic background to the table...he is competitive, a jerk somewhat but its okay sometimes to be a jerk. I think I might love Tom C. a little too much--the judge. Love him, very sexy!:9
Padma is ok, sometimes a little too much for my taste, so is that other woman judge, she can really be a hag. Love the show~!

I love Top Chef, too! If it were a fan-based voting show Casey would definitely win. I don't like Hung's attitude or personality but do admire his cooking skills. I would be happy if either Casey or Hung won. Dale seems like a good guy but like others have said - not as talented as the other two.

Sue

LOVE TC!! I tape it at night because I, too, can't stay up till 11 to watch (have to get up at 4:30-5:00 to get the workout in :)

Casey is my favorite, but Dale has grown on me. I don't like Hung at all.

Go Casey!

Julie

Another Casey fan here too. I didnt like Hung at all but he has grown on me. I like Dale and really admired his speech at the end - but I dont think he is as talented as Casey and Hung. Hopefully Casey can bring it in the final and win!

I love all of the Bravo shows and cant wait for Project Runway to start up. I always season pass my DVR with any of the new shows so I dont miss them.

Me too! I'm rooting for Casey as well. Hung is a self centered jerk.

Truthfully I'm not sure how WE are even supposed to know who deserves to win--it's not like we get to taste the food........and I'm sorry to say I find that Padma slightly irritating......I wanted to slap that silly cowboy hat right off her annoying head........}(

Anyway, I'm starting to get the impression we're being set up & Casey is a ringer. She's too cute & personable to lose.

Either way, I changed my mind about my dream job. My dream job is really to be a judge on Top Chef. :9

Fellow Top Chef addict here as well!

Like many of you, I am totally voting for Casey. I would like to see a woman take the prize this time around and she fits the bill with talent and a likeable personality.

Hung...what can I say about him that hasn't already been said? Hmmm...all I know is that if he goes into one more of his, "This is how it has been done for the last 400 years" speeches, I will simply pull my hair out.

Yes, Nancy, I was last season. I have been kicking myself because I haven't watched the new season at all...

"Either way, I changed my mind about my dream job. My dream job is really to be a judge on Top Chef."

Me too Lauramax!!!! :9 :9

tneah,
I agree that chef Tom is dishy. However, sometimes he can be very harsh and judgmental. Gail is my favorite judge. I think she's honest without being gratuitously harsh.

Has anyone been reading Bourdain's blogs? He is hilarious.

Wow, I love Top Chef, but I was so crushed when Tre got the boot. I thought he was great and a gentleman. I thought it was between Tre and Hung. so, I am in the minority as I hope Hung wins. His skills are uber wonderful and I find his attitude refreshing. It's a competition. I think this years chefs are better than last year!!!One problem with the show, it makes me hungry. Ann

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.