Any Landice or Pacemaster Treadmill owners?

Marie1120

Cathlete
DH and I are looking at buying a treadmill. He is a marathon runner and obviously won't be logging that kind of mileage but probably would do 60-90 minute runs. And for a 160# guy he runs hard and heavy. Right now these are the treadmills we are thinking about.

Pacemaster Platinum Pro VR - decline and virtual reality programs!
Pacemaster Premiere - no decline but lifetime warranty and some virtual reality programs.
Landice L7 - Lifetime warranty but display and programs are minimal.

Important thing though is a good treadmill for DH to run that won't bother his knees. Programs would appeal to me though but DH would be fine without them. I have an elliptical with minimal programs and have been OK with that but the virtual relaity programs do look fun. The Pacemaster TMS only weigh 205#s which is much lighter than the Landice at 300#s.

Any Pacemaster or Landice owners here that can share your expereince with them???

Thanks.

I have the Pacemaster Platinum Pro VR and I love it! We purchased it last spring and I really wish I had owned it when I was training for my marathon. It has alot of programs and you can record a few of your own programs as well. I have to say that I mainly use Cardio Coach or my i-pod when I run. The response time is about 3-4 seconds when you change your incline or speed which is pretty good and I do change mine alot during a workout. I don't think the decline is noticeable to the point that I really feel I am running downhill although I do feel the change slightly. I have had not problems with my knees bothering me. I would recommend it if you have the space since this one does not fold up.

I own a Landice L7 it is fantastic. I have had it for 7 years and not had one problem with it. It is extremely smooth my husband is 220 lbs and runs on it and it is smooth and the belt never slips. I think it is the best...two thumbs up!!! :D

juliem - I know the Landice had an amazing response time so that is one thing I wanted to look at when we go back. Glad you love it. I think if DH likes both he would go with this one because of the cost.

shelmmaha - thanks for the comments. I have never heard anyone that has been disappointed with a Landice. I just wish they would make the display a bit more exciting and add some programs. For the price of these I think that would make them more appealing and competitive. It is a nice looking and solid TM though - even if a bit plain and simple.

I have a Landice that I have had for around 13 years. It gets used maybe 100 days per year. I am quite heavy and have never had any problems. I don't have any preprograms and I went that way on purpose. It was an additional expense that was not worth it to me since I don't like the treadmill to control me, but me control it. It sounds like you would do well with either treadmill.

Good luck,

Shayne

I've had my Pacemaster for 10 years, and it's doing great. DH and I ran on it for most of that time, and now our 14 y/o has been running on it for the past year. We've replaced the belt and needed a little adjustment last winter. Other than that, it's been fine.

Shayne and Laughing Water - Thanks for the input. I think both are good so these comments are helping. This is a big purchase so I want to spend the money wisely.

Just got our Pacemaster about a month ago and I love it! :p I also have an elliptical so I can go back and forth--really great!

I have the Pacemaster Gold Fold Elite VR, I think it is. I wanted folding in case I ever needed the space plus, I liked the feel of it better and the fact that it didn't have those big side rails. I hate those things. The folding seems to have better shock absorption b/c the deck is made differently. I love it - never use the programs b/c I use CC but it does have some good ones.

I have the Pacemaster Gold Fold Elite VR, I think it is. I wanted folding in case I ever needed the space plus, I liked the feel of it better and the fact that it didn't have those big side rails. I hate those things. The folding seems to have better shock absorption b/c the deck is made differently. I love it - never use the programs b/c I use CC but it does have some good ones.

Shana - I agree about the side rails on the non-folding Pacemasters. How is the deck made different? I had never heard that. I know the folding is quite a bit heavier than the non-folding ones which seems odd since it also has the aluminum frame and same dimensions when unfolded. The non-folding ones only weighing 205#s is one of the concerns I had but we'll see when DH runs all out testing it. The Landice TM is also aluminum but weighs 300#s so closer to the weight of the folding Pacemaster.

The store that sells the Pacemasters has the older fold up model on the floor. That one only has a 3/4" deck but they insist that the stock ones are the updated ones with the 1" deck. I could tell immediately that it was the thinner deck that runners had cracking issues with.

Last edited:
Marie - something about the deck having to flex more b/c of the folding is supposed to make it easier on the joints. I don't remember what they told me exactly, and have read online, but they said that a lot of people buy folding even though they don't need it, b/c the deck is different. I don't know about other brands - they were only speaking with respect to Pacemaster b/c they make such a good folding TM. I have used the folding feature to clean under it and to move it when I rearranged the space.

Hi Marie,

I am actually a former professional runner and ended my career do to an injury, I have recently begun running again and have been using the treadmills at the gym I go to, they have every kind and I have tried them all. I will go back tonight and get the name of my favorite one to pass along to you.
I have actually designed a bunch of treadmill workouts that are amazing for both aesthetic results as well as becoming a better runner. You have inspired me to post some of them on my fitness blog. Hopefully you and your husband will find them helpful, and feel free to provide feedback ,I'd love to hear it!

Dynamic Workouts Blog

Cheers,

Amanda

I own a landice for a few years now and love it. Like NRG said I don't like all the programs either. I prefer to do it as I am jogging. My husband is a runner and he likes it too but he prefer to run outside but it's good for him when weather is bad. Good luck on what ever you decide to choose.

DH and I are going tonight to try treadmills out. Really more him trying them out to see what feels good for him to run on. He definitely would prefer to run outside but this would be an option for him when the weather doesn't cooperate or with it being dark by the time he gets home from work now.

We plan to try out other brands besides these so the final one could change if he runs on another brand he likes better. I like the Landice but at $1000 more I would want to be sure that is what he wants.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.