Any Golfers?

Liz556

Cathlete
Does anyone on this forum play golf? I swear I'm hooked. Its so much fun! Any other passionate golfers out there?
*Liz*

I can't consider myself a golfer yet - but I did take lessons this year. I have been out to the driving range several times - and to the course - just once this year. I do enjoy viewing and walking the beautiful courses.

It is such a frustrating sport though... I mean - When I can hit the ball - I just love golf...The first time that I hit it 100 feet - I jumped for joy. But when I go through phases when I am consistently missing the ball entirely (yes - I do that x( ) ... I want to just give up.

I am so excited - we have tickets to the Canadian Mens Open in Hamilton this September. This is the second pro golf tournament I will have attended. We saw the Canadian women's open a few years back, and I just loved it.

My SO is an avid and passionate golfer, and he has been very patiently trying to help me achieve a swing
;)

I am getting back into golf! I just started getting into the game before I got pregnant w/ DS (now 8) and have dabbled in it since then. DS is now really interested, so I'm getting back into it too. My DH loves to golf, and is quite good. It's a nice family thing for us to do together. After this week's footie camp is over, I plan on taking DS to the driving range and playing 9 holes on the par 3 course a few times over the rest of the summer holidays. Only thing is, he loves to give me tips, LOL!

RIGHT HERE!!!!! I LOVE golf. I've been playing golf since I was 10. My parents, DB and I would go EVERY Sunday. I wasn't liking it so much then as I do now and am thankful for all the times we went. I play in a few "FUN" tournaments throughout the summer and in fact have one coming up in a couple of weeks. An all women's tourney to fight breast cancer. I'm very excited, they are so fun!!!

I find it very relaxing!

Marcia.

I love to play golf. It is hard to find other women that play as well. It only takes one good shot for you to forgot all the bad ones!

Therese

I love it too, but only b/c I suck. :D The better you get at it, the more seriously you take it, & the more frustrating it becomes.

I love to Golf. My husband and I go quite often. I'm a lazy golfer and prefer a cart. }( Although I so haul around my bag on occation.:)

I like to walk on golf courses, does that count? I was out this morning and walked at daylight.

"You can't win them all - but you can try." - Babe Zaharias http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/musik/music-smiley-004.gif[/img]

Its great to see that there are other woemn who share my passion for golf. Its such a relaxing sport. I love getting out to walk and take some time to myself.

Hi Liz. My husband and I are huge golfers. We are both totally addicted to it. We play at least twice a week and we try to make it to the practice range 2-3 times a week. He taught me how to play about 6 years ago and I love that it is something we can do together.

Yes! Thanks for posting this!
Right now I'm loving it! It's great to be outside (even on those heat-index days). I walk sometimes and ride sometimes.
I golf in a ladies twilight 9 hole league, and have been asked this year to golf with a group of girls on Sundays.

Ellie

I started playing golf just 6 years ago. I enjoy it too. I'm fortunate to have a challenging course close by that also has a driving range so it's fun to just hit a few buckets of balls too and work on my technique...and distance.

My one complaint though is that many of the more elite courses require you to use a golf cart and I hate that. Certainly takes the physical pleasure out of the equation. But then you do have a place for the cooler. ;-)

I'm a golfer and only because I'm married to a golfer. I am on a ladies leauge and it is so much fun!!! I'm not that great but I'm getting there. I'm working on my golf endurance some days after 3 bad holes I prefer to just ride in the cart. As I too am a lazy golfer.

We have several courses near our home and my hubby lives at one. He is a diehard so I kinda got sucked in. But I'm glad. Great question.

Jenn

>I love it too, but only b/c I suck. :D The better you get
>at it, the more seriously you take it, & the more frustrating
>it becomes.

How right you are, but it only takes one great shot to keep you coming back.
Jenn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.