Any comments on the Powerstrike series?

I love kickboxing. I have Janis Saffrel, Cathe and Billy Blanks earlier Tae-bo stuff (his recent new stuff has not impressed me though the production is 100% more professional). I have been in other chat rooms and people mention the Powerstrike as a good kickboxing DVD. Any comments would be appreciated.

Linda

I have the Powerstrike Millenium 3 DVD and I use it a couple times a month. I really like the instructors, the music is decent, and it is a good workout that is easy on your joints. The workout goes at a quick pace and the hour always flies by for me. I highly recommend this workout.

I have Powerstrike 1 and I love it. Not quite the intensity of Cathe but a challenging workout. The instructors are very good. :)

I have Powerstrike Millenium 1 & 2 and I love them both. They are just good tough kickboxing workouts. They are different, but I would compare the intensity to Kick Punch & Crunch. They are definitely harder than any of the Tae Bo's I've done.

I LOVE Powerstrike! It's my favorite kickboxing workout. It's a very "authentic-feeling" kickboxing workout with no added choreography. The punches are hard and fast. One of the instructors (Ilaria) is a black belt in at least one martial arts, and of course her form is perfect. The combos are built on in a very logical, easy-to-follow way. Some people don't like the fact that you work one side of the body, then come back later to repeat the moves on the other side, but I don't mind it.

Ilaria and the other instructor interact in a really nice way. In the "pre-millenium" workouts (there have been about 3 "series" before the Milleniums) I'm amazed at how they can turn towards the camera and be mirroring us, then immediately turn with their backs towards us (usually one at a time) and change which arm is punching, so we can still easily follow.

I wish more of them were on DVD. I like Millenium III, but it's a little less intense than the others. Good for form practice, as you start out with lots of punches, and the intensity builds up more slowly.

Even the earliest Powerstrike workouts (filmed by what looks like a 10-year-old boy who just got his first camera and was trying it out) are great. Though the very first one makes me almost dizzy with the horrible film technique (That's the only one I haven't done that often).

I was reading Allure Magazine the other day and there is a little blurb about Ilaria in there. She teaches sword fighting classes in New York City.

Kathryn - I thought number 2 was the first with the camera action lol. The rest I love.

Powerstrike is still my favorite kickboxing of all time. Ilaria teaches at Equinnox in New York.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.