Any Canadians/Ontarins thinking about the roadtrip?

I KNEW IT!!!!!! I'm so glad to have seen this post!

Lorrie

Pain is temporary - quitting lasts forever
Candace Grasso, CC-V-6

Yeah!
Where is everyone from? I'm a Torontonian. I think Shelley is in Hamilton?? I've never been on a roadtrip, but really hoping i can go. Company would be nice though :)
S

Yup, I'm from Hamilton. There's only been one other Road Trip. It was fantastic. If you went, would you fly out on Friday morning? That's what I did last time. Got into Philly around 2 or so (after some huge screw ups with my flight).

Are you thinking about going?
I know you have answered many roadtrip related questions, but do you get to choose your room mates? Or is it by sign up? I think we need a Canadian room for sure!
Steph

Oh, I'm definitely going.

No, you can room with whomever you choose. I don't mind answering road trip questions. Last time there were, I think, three Canadians. Me, Alhambra (from the 'peg) and Kisuzu (Chris, the only male Road Tripper, from Ottawa).

I think Sandra (Fiddlefit) said she is trying her best to come. She's out in Edmonton.

Well so far I've only got one taker on the mini-snowman fund-raiser event (thank you Heather!!). So, that's 25 cents, AMERICAN! Woohoo!

Shelley, there have been quite a few road trips. Start searching around and you'll find quite a few pictures. I love the one where Cathe is very pregnant with DS#1, and the roadtrippers surprised her with a baby shower. And of course, she looks adorable in maternity exercise clothes.

I really want to come on the road trip. I need to figure out how to conjure up about $1000, guilt-free. Is it possible to convince the husband that we can wait another year to build a garage?

If you don't have a passport, you might want to apply now. The new laws came into effect last month - if you are on a flight that lands in the US, you need a passport. I'm not sure when people driving across the border need passports; some time next year, if I'm not mistaken. Of course, this has created massive backlog in the passport offices.

Sandra
- a displaced Ontarian living in Edmonton

HI Sandra
I was going to ask about the dreaded money!
Thankfully got my passport last year, but very good point.
And i think the snow-man thing might be lucrative! Add snowcones and you're rich!
Steph

Sandra - I know there have been other road trips, but I think 2005 was the first road trip actually arranged by Cathe herself. I believe the other ones in the past were done through VF and other sources.

Yes, I have the passport thing covered. Land border crossings will require passports in, I believe, 2009.

>Sandra - I know there have been other road trips, but I think
>2005 was the first road trip actually arranged by Cathe
>herself. I believe the other ones in the past were done
>through VF and other sources.

Really? Huh. I didn't know that. Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers,
Sandra

Funny, Heather wanted snowcones, too. What's that about? But okay, I'll go open a SnoCone stand on my front yard. Since I only have chocolate and strawberry syrup in my cupboard, I strongly advise against ordering the yellow snocone.

Sandra

I would love to go. I can't imagine convincing DH that our summer holiday money should go towards the Cathe roadtrip. I have to go to Newfoundland with work in July so we were going to make that our family holiday.

Kim in Winnipeg

I'm more of a lurker than anything else (shy to post) , but this roadtrip would be a dream come true for me. But I don't know if I will have the money or time off school for it! But I will start saving now!!! And I will work even harder to get in better shape!!! If anything, there is always next year!

Btw, from Quebec over here!!! :)

Corinne :)

I would love to go on the roadtrip, but I won't be able to this year. The cost of travelling from the west coast to the east coast is a little out of my budget right now.

It is interesting to see how few Canadians are on the forums - I was wondering how many of us were out there!

Corrie
Nelson, BC

ps - I thought that Shelley had to be Canadian with that sense of humour!!

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
is not an act but a habit.
--Aristotle

This Kingstonian would be there in a heartbeat but between a major bathroom renovation and those darned Kids of mine the money tree is picked clean.;-) I'll certainly be there is spirit. By the time I have that kind of money to spend for a weekend it'll be the Cathe SilverSneaks Roadtrip. :7 Love hearing the stories and seeing the pictures though.

Take Care
Laurie:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.