Any 1st trimester moms-to-be here?

Gina,
I don't think you have much to worry about. It usually takes months to show with your first. I don't think I bought any maternity clothes until maybe 5 months or so(I was 5'2" 113 lbs when I got pregnant the first time) UNless you just put on an excessive amount of weight it'll be a long time before the average person on the street knows you're pregnant. Also, if someone starts out their prgnancy overweight than they most likely will not show as much as someone at the reccomended weight for their height. I actually bought more maternity clothes with my 2nd pregnancy because I started showing so much sooner than I did with #1.( I was 118lbs when I got pregnant with #2 so it wasn't because I hadn't lost the baby weight).

Stop worrying! Enjoy your pregnancy! It goes by much faster than you think.

Did you calculate a due date? I think we're probably due about the same time(I'm may 26).

Valerie

Hi! Haven't had time to hang around too much lately but I just wanted to check-in with everyone.

Michelle, it's great to have that early sonogram out of the way, just to make sure they're in the right place and all! When I had my first sonogram at 7 weeks (I think I may have already said this at some point), the kid was really small and the doctor wanted a follow-up in four weeks just so we'd all feel better about it. All we could tell from the 7 week was that there was just one, they were in the right place and that the heart was flutterin' away! The follow-up went great so we probably won't have another sonogram unless and until we try to determine the gender and that will probably be in December.

By the way, what gender are your twins?

How's your nausea? I've still barely experienced any at all, lucky me! Just wait, if there's a next pregnancy for me, I'll probably be bedridden to make up for it :7 !

Still trying to shake this cold but now I just feel weak as opposed to miserable and in pain. Big improvement! Sort of hard to do a workout though when you can't breathe through your nose and mucus is gathering in your throat which is already really dry other than the mucus. Ugh!

I've read that first pregnancies don't start showing as quickly as subsequent pregnancy as a rule. Honestly though, at week 13, I feel like I'm already beginning to show, but only when I'm naked. With my jeans on, I just look a little rounder than before. Funny thing is though, I haven't gained any weight at all. I was a little overweight when I started trying to conceive (129-130 at 5'2" and medium bone structure) and I'm still exactly that weight! I hope it's not because I'm losing muscle since it's been kind of hard to get around to weight training lately, just seems so much more tiring than usual.

One of my friends who had a baby in late August will be giving me a bunch of her maternity clothes really soon! She's still shrinking though, it seems to be taking a long time for her to get back to her regular size. I'm excited about getting her clothes but I'm not sure it's all going to fit because my butt is so much bigger than hers! I'm still trying to decide what all I'll need later on. I think I'm just going to end up living in a couple pair of roomy overalls! They haven't complained about me always wearing jeans at the office now (I don't ever see the public anyway) so maybe they won't mind the constant overalls ;-)!

My goodness, I do ramble on!

Pregnant is Beautiful!!

Hi Gina,
Just remember, pregnant is beautiful :D! I can't wait to see what I look like in full "bloom"! My husband is really excited about me showing too, I get the feeling he'll be taking lots of pictures of me and my baby-gut.

I hope everyone here will be able to avoid feeling self-conscious about looking pregnant! We're bound to start looking like we've just gained some weight before the baby becomes really obvious but the point is whether or not we're taking care of ourselves. I just keep looking down at my chubby looking belly and telling the kid how much I love them :7!

Foolofatook,

I hope you get over your cold soon! That is great you haven't been nauseous much. I am feeling better each day and noticed that I have a bit more energy too!

So you are planning on finding out the gender of your baby? What about the rest of you out there? We don't want to know what we are having! We didn't find out with our twins either, and it was fun to have that surprise on delivery day (they are both girls). This time my hubby would really like a boy and my girls want a brother. I'm hoping for another girl, though! What fun to anticipate a new little person!!

I got out my boxes of maternity clothes the other day. It made me wish I was ready to fit into them already! Right now my jeans are tight at the waist so I am doing that rubber band thing at the button hole. I think I'll end up living in denim jumpers.

Michelle

Hi Rockette and all others! Congratulations to all of the mom-to-be. I am so excited to read of all of your pregnancies. Whether it is your first baby or even your 5th (Wow Erin), it is a VERY special and unique time. Enjoy every single minute of it and I think its wonderful that you are all encouraging and supporting one another through this. It's so nice to be able to share new discoveries (as well as the aches and pains ;-))together. Once the video crunch is over, I'm looking forward to lending support as much as I can too. Take care everyone!

Fooloafatook, about your showing a bit--I read in my book that sometimes people get a little distended or bloated when they are pregnant. Maybe this it is and not your uterus or baby or whatever else is going to happen to our bodies! It would explain the same weight thing. I so worry about losing my muscle now that I have stopped taking my protein powder which supplied me with an additional 40 grams PER DAY! Maybe my doctor will let me take 1 scoop a day for 20 grams. My appointment is now on the 10th, not 18th.

Michelle,I haven't made up my mind about knowing the gender yet. I suppose the surprise would be nice. And I also suppose that one could buy unisex clothes and still be prepared. I just don't know if I can hold off in knowing. I am having trouble picking names I like. So, if I knew, I'd only have to come up with one name. But, geez, not like I don't have another 8 1/2 months to work on it!

As for maternity clothes... Gosh, I'm not ready to think about that yet!

Gina

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-03-02 AT 02:38PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi Gina! Glad your appointment got moved up a bit, seemed awfully far away to begin with! Thanks for sharing that about distended bellies, it actually makes perfect sense because I've felt pretty bloated almost all of the time lately. Still can't wait till I actually start showing ;-)! Amazing, I've read lots and lots of stuff and I'm still learning something new everyday!

Hope everybody is feeling well. I think my first trimester is trying to bite me on the butt on my way out. Last night and this morning I had some icky nausea and it was very uncomfortable, the kind that gave me a headache to boot! I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for everyone who has experienced a lot of nausea!

Hello- may you be the official 5th person (people) to know that I am a first-trimester mom-to-be!!!
WOW I've never called myself that before.
I found out Monday Nov 11th by taking a pregnancy test, and another, and another...I just could not believe that there were two lines. My DH and I have been "unprotected" for over a yr and a half (I don't like the word "trying"!) so this was a wonderful surprise. I feel totally normal for now, but I guess I'm only about 2 weeks along...I don't know the medical terms yet. My first visit with my dr is Friday afternoon. But a website estimated my due date at 7/20/03!
I did BodyMax part 1 just minutes before I took the test- no WONDER I was so exhausted!! I'll stay posted to learn from all of you exercise and mothering experts!
PS I've been a Cathe-ite and runner for years, and this is our first! (We've been married for 5+ yrs)
Lisa

Congratulations! Being pregnant is such an exciting time. I was the one who started this thread and I'll be entering my 2nd trimester on Turkey Day. Enjoy it because it will fly by quicker than you think(that probably doesn't seem possible now! LOL).

Keep us posted!

Valerie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.