another wedding dress question

darine

Cathlete
There is a dress I tried in a store. I really would like to know the designer of that dress. The store did not want to tell me. I want to buy from them, I just want to shop in a catalog or the net. This store, they don't show you any catalog or even their dresses. They bring out dresses based on what you ask. But I don't like that. I want to see what's available!

Is there many designers or a few. I really want to find it on the net but I know NOTHING about the designers. I noticed that Maggie Sottero seems to be popular in that store, but I don't find my dress on the net.

Does someone know designers and name them here and I will search on the net? I just don't know where to start. My dress is made with organza and I noticed like Alfred Sung material is not like my dress.

I don't know if anyone can help me. But if someone knows different designers names for wedding dresses and I will do a search.

Thank you

Oh my goodness, there are a bazillion wedding dress designers! It was not a Maggie Sottero dress? I'm not going to be much help, I loved one dress that was by Anjolique www.anjolique.com and then the one dress I bought at David's Bridal.

I think it's shady that the store wouldn't tell you anything about the dress or the designer...

That would upset me as well---probably enough for me to search and search and SEARCH until I found the same dress somewhere else :)

To help with your search, mine was a Mori Lee.

lisa

Just a suggestion - why don't you go get one of those obscenely large wedding magazines. They're full of ads and maybe you'll come across something that will help?

I could try that but I don't have much time. If I order now, I will get the dress 3 weeks before the wedding and we need to fix it and get all the accessories. WOW. This dress without alterations is 1500$. Is that normal??? Isn't too expensive. I am confuse. Some people buy from ebay at max 500$ and I am spending 1500$. This thing is not getting fun. It should be fun but I am more confuse than anything. I feel I could get cheaper but I think I really liked that dress. I honestly always hated wedding dresses. sorry!! this one is a wedding dress, but almost looks like a regular dress too. but 1500$????? for one night. I feel like after the wedding fixing it and making it a regular dress but it still white!!! Anyhow, thursday I am going to a store that does rental. ANd friday I have to order one somewhere. All I want is to have a nice day with my boyfriend and marry him. I always said "small wedding" but people influence you... ohhh... this whole thing is frustrating and confusing. If I had money, I would get a wedding planner and I would do nothing.

Go to www.theknot.com You can search based on style, material, etc. Honestly though, you're going to be looking for a while - there are an infinite amount of wedding dresses on there. I would call the store back and ask to speak with a manager about the dress, there is no reason they should be keeping the name of the designer from you.

Good luck!

oh thank you

that web site seems great

i will look tonight

it was the manager that did not want to tell me. I think it's because he noticed that i shopped around and thinks i will go somewhere else. i was really planning to buy from him, but may be now that he acts like that, i shouldn't

anyways, thank you so much for that site. that's what i am doing tonight :)

I agree with you that it is totally tooo much to spend on a dress for onr day. Can you try any other bridal shops? Or b perhaps David's bridal has an online store? Good luck!
Ellen

Darine,

I would say $1500 is not "normal" in that most people I know did not spend that much on their dresses. That's a bit steep, IMO. But I'm not a big sentimental wedding person or much of a traditionalist in that regard, so I would say go for the rental if you find something you like. Nothing at all wrong with that.

Good luck!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.