another STS question...

grad2010

Cathlete
I just found out that one of my co-workers has started the STS program and she has a lot of weight to lose. However she seems to think that it is okay to do STS twice per week (each body part twice). She gave me a sample of her rotation:
Monday Disc 1
Tuesday Disc 2
Wednesday Disc 3
Thursday rest (no weight training)
Friday Disc 1
Saturday Disc 2
Sunday Disc 3

She is planning to do 4 cardio workouts per week. I told her that this is too much, but cant really explain why. Is it okay to work each body part using the STS program? She thinks the more the better. I dont know much about her eating plan or cardio activity.
Thanks, Veronica

I am by no means an expert, but for sure Cathe is -- and this is NOT what she recommends. I would only do rotations that are recommended by her.

Well, she can certainly try it. She'll know pretty quickly if she can handle it or not. I tried STS 4 days a week and found myself exhausted right away.

She has two concerns that she may be faced with in the near future:

1) Injury.
2) Burnout ~ mental, physical, or both.

I understand the desire to go whole hog, especially when one's enthusiasm is way up there. I've been guilty of that myself. After a few injuries and false-starts, I've learned to rein myself in, and I've been much happier with my progress.

I agree

..after talking with her some more, I realize that after she works out to one disc she may be too sore to do a repeat. She is so happy and excited to start a fitness program, I don't want to burst her bubble. She will learn in due time that overworking your body is not always a good thing. I am just glad to have someone to talk to (at work) about fitness.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.