Another Netflix post

Cassadine86

Cathlete
I know for a fact that they receieved a certain dvd and i'm sure they are throttling. How do I prove that they have the dvd in thier possesion already? It won't let me report lost until 6 days have passed.

.Lisa

How do you "know for a fact" that they received it? If you do know, then it would be because you have some kind of documentation to prove it.

Because I sent all 3 the same day and mysteriously they only received 2 and here it is day 2 and they still haven't received the third one. For 2 years they have been receiving it the next day. I know BS when I smell it.

I would blame the post office before I would blame NetFlix! The Washington Post (I think) did a story recently about how the USPS has been catching tons of their mail carriers stealing the netflix mailers while they are en route back to NetFlix. One guy had hundreds of them in his house (they had evidence he was stealing them and got a warrant).

I stopped getting holiday cards from my family when I moved. It seemed too much of a coincidence that so many of them were "lost" in the mail. I did a test and mailed myself a five dollar bill in a bday card. Sure enough, I never got it. I reported it and found out later that they fired one of the mailmen on my route (after investigating - I guess they got a lot of complaints about that route). He was opening things that looked like it might have cash in it and then throwing away the mail.

I know that the VAST majority of postal employees are hard-working and honest! It's just a few bad apples that spoil the bunch.

Netflix has been doing this to me recently too. I really makes me mad because I have had to up my service to 4 at a time because they take so long. You would think they would give me better service is I paid them more. Most recently, it took me 6 days from mailing something to get a new dvd. Granted, one of those days was a Sunday, but I mailed it on a Wednesday and got news ones on a Tuesday. Before this, everything had only taken 1 day each way.

This, too, has happened to me. They will receive two, but the other one is MIA for several days. And what's really funny is that I've been sending all three of mine back in the same envelope -- so I know that if they receive one, they've got them all!!

I've had the same problem at times with netflix, but eventually the dvd mysteriously appears. So, it could very well have gotten lost in the mail or "delayed". Give it a few days, I bet it will turn up!

If I mail one back on Saturday or Monday and they don't tell me they've received it by Thursday or Friday, I report it "missing" and it will magically appear and they will say it's been received on that same day.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

I had a six month gift subscription and they promptly received all of my videos and sent new movies right away. Now that I renewed for another month, they are taking at least 3 days to report they got them. This seems fishy to me. I am going to complain, probably a waste of time. Missy

this is part of the reason we left netflix. it seemed the longer we were good customers, the longer it took them to provide their service. eventually it just seemed cheaper to rent from blockbuster :(

i do know from talking with friends that plenty of people have zero problems with them, so i don't think i'm in the majority.

good luck!

I would guess that it is a problem with usps. I often do not get my netflix dvds, or if I do they have been opened by someone already. I am home when the mail comes, so my guess is that a postal person is opening them and checking for good dvds. It's funny, if I ever request a current popular movie, then that would be the one lost in the mail, but if it's an older classic or an exercise workout, they are sometimes opened, but still delivered to my house!

Recently I also had an insured package stolen/lost by usps, so I don't much care for them anymore.

I am sure they are throttling me too. x( The nearest NetFlix location is in a town pretty close to where I work so I know they must be getting my returns the next day. But, sometimes it takes all week for me to get my next dvd. Other weeks it only takes two or three days.

I keep thinking I should quit NetFlix, but I really like having the opportunity to do exercise videos before I buy them.

FitDoggie

"The reward for work well done is the opportunity to do more."

I get PO'd that their latest thing is "very long wait" on all the new releases. What is up with that?! I have thought about leaving them and doing blockbuster

I got fed up with Netflix too and decided to join the MVP program at Hollywood video. Basically it costs $15 to rent as many movies as you want, 3 at a time. The only catch is that it has to have been out for 30 days. Obviously you have to live close by, but I didn't mind having to go there because at least I knew that my movies were truly returned and not just put into the black hole that is the mailbox. The funny part was we started renting all these really old movies we remembered from childhood like Meatballs with Bill Murray. It was so much fun! I moved so I quit the program but I miss it.
Amy
:+

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.