Another classic hidden gem

ashaw

Cathlete
So this morning I did High Step Circuit and was thrilled at what a good workout I got despite the workout being labeled beginner/intermediate. I used 2 risers for the step cardio, used heavier weights on some of the moves as well as added weights to the leg presses. It was a nice way to change things up and I really liked the core work done on the high step. I got a good workout in 45 minutes. Later this week I’m doing High Step Training. I’m loving doing these older Cathe workouts. A rotation of Cross Train Xpress and some of the Body Blast series are also on my radar.

High Step Circuit has always been one of my favorites…..I, too, like the core work with the high step, and like the short step cardio segments….plus using weight & tubing…
glad you reminded me of it, gonna pull it out real soon!

I really liked the whole “work a body part with weights, then with the tubing” thing. The music was good, I loved Cathe and the crew’s energy, and that super catchy song that leads into the final cycle has been stuck in my head all day. I can’t wait to try High Step Training on Wednesday. I took an older rotation that included two of the high step workouts and I subbed high step circuit for high step challenge solely because I’ve never done high step circuit. I like workouts that can be made more or less intense by step height and weight selection.

I think of the 3, High Step Circuit, High Step Training & High Step Challenge, I like High Step Circuit the best,
with HIgh Step Challenge coming in 2nd & High Step Training third...I guess because I've done Circuit the
most, and used High Step Challenge chapters alot in the blender......as well as Circuit....

I'm not so sure I'm going to be able to do High Step Training tomorrow as planned. I've been cruising along really well with my knee and for some reason this morning while doing Kick Max, the "fussy" feeling came back, even though I was wearing the brace. I did everything except the leg conditioning drills and was careful on a few of the blast drills, but it just still feels sore and even though I have my brace, I would rather play it safe and maybe just do a good metabolic workout like Flex Train or even After Burn. One good thing is thanks to my vast Cathe library, I don't lack for variety on any workout type. I've been doing really good lately too. I did HIIT Lower Body Circuit last Thursday and have also done Cardio & Weights, IMAX2, the original Boot Camp and HIIT Circuit Upper Body all in the past few weeks. I've gotten very confident because my knee was feeling pretty normal. I'd rather play it safe on a lot of levels because we don't have the money for an MRI right now, plus, I'd rather scale back and still be able to workout and then ramp back up carefully when the time is right.

I think I’m going to do FlexTrain. I haven’t done that one in ages, it’s a good solid metabolic workout and I’ve had good cardio today with Kick Max and yesterday with those intervals on High Step Circuit. If I have to back off cardio a bit, it’s ok, I can still lift heavy for upper body and I have my P.volve lower body dvd if I need it. I’ve done more higher impact that I thought I’d be able to do so maybe my body is trying to tell me something.

I forgot what a great workout FlexTrain is! I got a solid total body weight workout plus a cardio effect from non stop movement. My knee felt ok this morning but glad I erred on the side of caution. If anyone needs a good burn, go grab FlexTrain!

So this morning I did High Step Circuit and was thrilled at what a good workout I got despite the workout being labeled beginner/intermediate. I used 2 risers for the step cardio, used heavier weights on some of the moves as well as added weights to the leg presses. It was a nice way to change things up and I really liked the core work done on the high step. I got a good workout in 45 minutes. Later this week I’m doing High Step Training. I’m loving doing these older Cathe workouts. A rotation of Cross Train Xpress and some of the Body Blast series are also on my radar.
I love when people post of workouts i have forgotten about. i will definitely be pulling this one out! Thanks for the post ashaw!!

Ashaw, I hope your knee is recovered.

I use the high step workouts to gain conditioning for hiking. I’m currently using Cathe’s stepping workouts and will soon add in the High Step workouts.

For me, my favorite is always the one I’m doing.

Ashaw, I hope your knee is recovered.

I use the high step workouts to gain conditioning for hiking. I’m currently using Cathe’s stepping workouts and will soon add in the High Step workouts.

For me, my favorite is always the one I’m doing.
Thank you so much! Actually my knee is much better. I backed off on impact a few days last week, finished out my workout week with Cardio Slam and am doing a Intensity Series rotation this week with IMAX 2 tomorrow and Cardio & Weights on Thursday. I love love love Pyramid Lower Body. Those leg presses are brutal and then the ball work just finishes things off! I’m planning to do CTX for the first time next week. I’m loving doing all these older Cathe workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.