Another bra question - minimizing bra that prevents nipplage??

sln

Cathlete
I need a bra that prevents nipple "pokage" in thin shirts, but that doesn't add a cup size. I'm already a large C/small D and don't need ANY help looking bigger. I usually wear a minimizing bra, but I need one that is lightly lined or padded to prevent the headlights from shining :) Any suggestions?? - Sarah

RE: Another bra question - minimizing bra that prevents...

Yes!

One day I just got completely fed up with never being able to take off my blazers at work. I marched into the bra dept. at a dept. store and told the saleslady about my problem. She came back with a few bras for me to try on, and I was shocked that she was handing me what I thought were bras with padding. She laughed at me, and explained that all those bras I thought were padded just had molded cups to deal with my exact problem. For YEARS I thought all those bras were padded. I was wrong. Now I can't imagine life without my fabulous Wacoal bras, and I never have to wear blazers or cardigans around the office anymore. I stay a lot cooler and happier. ;) :D

Are you sure those bras you're seeing are padded? Ask the saleslady. Why would they make padded bras in our size anyway, right?? http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-016.gif

RE: Another bra question - minimizing bra that prevents...

Again, I recommend the Body by Victoria line...my friend and I call it the granny bra b/c it's not cute, but it definitely is no-nip. There's also one called the t-shirt bra (it might be Ipex) which offers ample coverage and is seamless.

Cathy :)

Thank you!

Thanks for the recommendations, Nancy and Cathy. I'm going to head to the mall, and I'll check out VS and the Wacoal bras. Thank you! - Sarah

RE: Thank you!

I agree with Nancy about the molded cup bras. I've worn both Wacoal and Le Mystere and I love them. My absolute favorite bra is the Dream Tisha Lace by Le Mystere. It's a t-shirt bra and it's very flattering.

RE: Thank you!

Michele, the Dream Tisha Lace looks too lacy to be smooth under a t-shirt, but the Dream Tisha looks very smooth. I'm going to try it next time I go to a department store. Thanks for the recommendation!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.