Another Book Post....

I vote for J.D. Robb series. It starts with Naked in Death and i'm pretty sure there are like 30 in the series. I'm telling you, they are awesome!!!

Barbara

>Emily Giffin-Something Borrowed, Something Blue, Baby
>Proof...all cute no-brainer reads. Also, Sophie Kinsella's
>Shopaholic series.

Again--brilliant ideas. I've read all of these too! I love, love, love them!

Allison

Anything by Bill Bryson - he's a comedy/travel writer. The fact that the things he writes about are true makes them just that much funnier to me. He's the only author who consistently makes me laugh so hard that I have to wipe away tears.

About the movie for the Twilight series...

I've heard they are thinking of doing one...the first people who signed onto do it didn't work out, but another company is considering...check out her Stephanie Meyer's website.

Lindzebird

Which book do you start first with the shopaholics series? I want to start reading these but not sure where to start!?!

Another vote for Evanovich...I have read the entire series too and think they are so funny! I just stayed up till 3:30 this morning finishing a book...Hide. and now I can't remember the author. I am a librarian so reading goes with the territory. So I love these posts, gives me books to look into buying! Karen

Oh...I loved those books too. I got hooked on them and then had my 15 year old daughter read them. We both wanted to read Eclipse first, she won! Karen :)

1. Confessions of a Shopaholic
2. Shopaholic Tkes Manhattan
3. Shopaholic Ties the Knot
4. Shopaholic and Sister (my least favorite)
5. Shoaholic and Baby

They are very light reading. Just fun, not a lot of substance.

Another vote for the shopaholic series!!!! I agree that the "sister" one was my least favorite but it helps to read it to fully appreciate the absolutely hilarious "Baby" sequel. This is truly a no-brainer laugh fest when you need it!
I'm definitely on the same page as you all, becuase I love Sue Grafton and Janet Evanovich also.
Beth

Another fan of the Plum series here.

Also love Bill Bryson and David Sedaris. Naked by Sedaris is positively side-splitting. Same for Bryson's A Walk in the Woods. I got all excited when I saw them both mentioned! (I'm an English teacher, so I tend to geek out like that.) :)

Happy reading!
[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Thank all of you for listing books. I absolutely LOVE to read and all your recommendations are just wonderful for me. I enjoy them so much! I have lists of books that I have to read.
Ellen

I love the Shopaholic books, too. Super fluffy and light reading :)

Meg Cabot writes books along these fluffy lines, too. I really liked them all:
Every Boy's Got One (not what you think ;) )
She Went All the Way (again, not trashy ;) )
Boy Meets Girl
Boy Next Door
Size 12 is Not Fat
Size 14 is Not Fat Either
Queen of Babble
Queen of Babble in the Big City

Sophie Kinsella also wrote The Undomestic Goddess--quite good. She writes under another name, too, but I haven't been able to get into those books. Can't recall the name...

One more thing: use your library! I rarely buy books anymore--you can reserve books online and they'll email you when they're ready to pick up.

Wendy

I just finished a great book called "The Post Birthday World." It's about an American woman living with her partner in London, and the first chapter ends with her being tempted by another. From there, the chapters alternate between her life proceeding after she gives into temptation and her life proceeding after choosing to be faithful. It's sort of a parallel universe thing, and it is very interesting to see the same situations played out differently based upon her choices. It was difficult to put down, because I wanted to get to the end to see which ended up being the better choice for her.

I can't remember the author's name, but she is the author of "We Need to Talk About Kevin."

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.