Another Book Post....

Stacy

Cathlete
I've read thru the other book post and most of those books seem well, too deep right now lol. Anyone have any suggestions for some good, quick, no-brainer reads?? Romance or mystery, or open to suggestions. I just got done studying for months for a major exam and need some light reading.

Thanks!

Hi a fun book I loved was Skinny Dip by Carl Hiassin (??) he also wrote Nature Girl. Skinny Dip was better though IMHO.

also right now I am reading The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon and I am really enjoying it. It's a mystery set in Barcelona.

have fun
Jen

I think any of Janet Evanovich books are easy reading and awesome. I just started the series and am in the 2nd book "two for the dough(sp?)". Love it. :)

I loved "Marley and Me". Easy reading, although the ending is tough to get through, if you know what I mean!

I love the Women's murder club series by James Patterson. The titles/reading order are:
1st to Die
2nd Chance
3rd Degree
4th of July
5th Horseman
6th Target

The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. Fun and easy reads but warning..you will want to eat BIG time. There is always lots of food involved in her books.

If you're looking for something that's laugh out loud funny, try Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris. OMG it's hilarious and a very easy read.

I second Michele's David Sedaris recommendation. He's hysterical!

Along the same vein, I also recommend Sarah Vowell. Take the Cannoli and Assassination Vacation are both very funny and educational reads.

Another vote for Janet Evanovich. ALong those same mystery series lines, there's also the Sue Grafton series (the alphabet series) and also Harlan Coben series (Myron Bolitar is a sport agent, used-to-be-FBI guy). LOVE ALL 3 of those series.

The Shadow of the Wind was, indeed, a good book, so that's an awesome suggestion too!

Memoirs of a Geisha

Just a few.

Gayle

>I think any of Janet Evanovich books are easy reading and
>awesome. I just started the series and am in the 2nd book "two
>for the dough(sp?)". Love it. :)
>

YES YES YES! I've read her entire series and just finished her newest--Lean, Mean Thirteen! Pure fluff reading--but oh, so good!!!

Allison

ITA on the Janet Evanovich! I just finished Lean Mean Thirteen and loved it - OMG Lula yelling at Ranger was priceless!

Carl Hiassen is also hysterical - I think the funniest one I read of his was Double Whammy.

There's a series by Jo-Ann Mapson that I do love - I think the first one is Bad Girl Creek.

If you have a really quirky sense of humor you could try Christopher Moore - he has me ROTFLMAO. I loved The Stupidest Angel and Fluke but they're all good.

Enjoy!

"Starter Wife". Great, entertaining and you cannot put it down until you are done.

Other books that I have enjoyed, "Bitter is the new black". It is sooo fun! I love the author, her name is Jenn. Look for it in the comedy section at your bookstore. Another 2 day read! Loved it.

Here's another vote for Evanovich or Grafton. I love them both. Evanovich is funnier. The Shopaolic books are cute too.

Emily Giffin-Something Borrowed, Something Blue, Baby Proof...all cute no-brainer reads. Also, Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series.

Thanks for the recommendations! I love Evanovich's books!! I read the 13th one in 2 hours the first day it was out!

I love Jackie Collins. Currently I am reading Drop Dead Beautiful, but my fav book is Lady Boss. I love her she's a little more on the trashy side.:7

James Patterson is also awesome.

I agree with the Janet Evanovitch. I love the Stephanie Plum books.
I also love Jackie Collins. Yes she is a little on the trashy side but she also always has a little mystery stuck in there!
LD

>I love Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series, just starting her
>latest one and can't wait to read it!
>
>Lindzebird

I have to second the recommendation on this series. My DD put me onto these books and they are page turners! I would LOVE to see movies made from these books:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.