Animal Lovers - My last puppy leaving

MAYNARDSMOM

Cathlete
I've been down to 2 puppies for almost 3 weeks now. They are 15 weeks old today!!! Time for them to move on, so I thought. Sold one of the two Sat night & was fine with that. Left with my favorite "Dottie" She has become pretty attached & seems to like the "pack". Well I just spoke with a woman (someone we know) who wants her - TONIGHT!!! I have let myself get to attached to her, I'm blubbering like a child. I told her I wanted to bring her down, they have another dog & I want to make sure she is alright. The thought of the look on her face when I leave w/o her is breaking my heart. I know she will adjust after a few days & be just fine but the stupid tears are still coming. :( I feel so stupid!!

I had the same problem when I had to let my puppies go, I was in tears!!! But then again, out of the 7 puppies I kept 2, originally 3 but one of my closest friends fell in love with Maverick and I couldn't stand in the way of that :D

It's tough to let go of those little fur balls. Do you think you can still visit her?

Absolutely we can visit. But you know how that goes, we say we will but then life happens & time gets away from us. I think for Dottie's sake I should let them get to know one another before I visit her. I don't want to confuse her. All of our dogs were fine once they adjusted, I keep telling myself that.

She lays with her Mama now in her kennel napping. I have a whole shlew of stuff I'm sending - toys, blankies, food, treats, dishes all of her stuff that she is familiar with.

I think Daddy is ready for them to ALL be gone, he wants the focus back on him. He's such a Mama's boy that Maynard

Tami,
I teared up just reading your post. I'm happy you have found good homes for everyone, but I'm sorry for all the *good-byes* you've had. :(
Becky

Update

We took Dottie last night & all went well. We stayed outside for a little bit letting the 2 dogs get to know one another. Pooh (their black chow) wanted to play with Dottie, she finally came around & engaged in play with her. Thatwas a big comfort to see. Inside she seemed comfortable enough to walk around a bit but would come back to me now & then. When we finally left I snuck out while she was pre-occupied getting a toy. Man was that hard. I bawled the whole way home. This morning poor Maggie (mommy) has gone out on theproch looking for her - breakng my heart.
I do feel very good about her new home. They had another dog but had to puther down over the summer from breat cancer. I know this woman will love her like I do.

thanks for all your support.

Tami,

I can only imagine the strength it took to give her to another family. I hope it gives you great comfort to know the joy she will bring to her new family, and in return receive a loving forever home:)
((hugs))

ahhh, the hard part of breeding dogs, I do the same thing when I sell puppies, I have three that will be sold in 6 weeks and just thinking about it makes me so sad, because I would love to keep one, it is so cute and rare color

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.