American Idol (spoiler!)

Have you guys heard about the "vote for the worst idol" website??? This is why Bucky is still around. He's getting the "let's try and screw the competition vote" from this group of people. And it's probably what led to Mandisa being voted off. I'm not kidding this group really exists, and they are who keep around that one person who we always think "why are they still here!!!" Last season it was that red head kid.

Deni

The red headed kid was on the year Fantasia won, which was 2004.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

I had been a fan of Mandesa, but she didn't do as well the last couple of weeks. So it didn't surprise me when she was let go. I don't think weight played a factor because let's look at Rueben,it was quite over weight.

I was glad to see that Kathryn wasn't in the bottom three this week. I think it could come down to her and Chris at the end. Cause definitely I hope Kellie doesn't make it that far. I think people are getting tired of her. I know I am! Boy I sound like I have some hidden agression!:p

I think Bucky and Paris will be the next two to leave. Then probably ace.

kim

Deni, I was thinking about that today.I was actually thinking.." I wonder are there people out there trying to screw up this show?" And if what you are saying is true, then that would make total sense! I guess if that stuff continues they will put an end to the show.

Ace is totally cheesy...and I don't like Cheesy men.x( The annoy me! He as to go! Don't like him at all.Awful to say b/c he seems to have a good voice but I can't get pass the cheesiness! LOL
Lori:)

I don't personally think you can draw parallels between Mandisa and Ruben because, frankly, men are not held to the same physical standards as women.

They are voting for Pickler on Vote for the worst, not Bucky.

Last year they did it for Scott Sobel.

>I don't personally think you can draw parallels between
>Mandisa and Ruben because, frankly, men are not held to the
>same physical standards as women.
>
>

My hairdresser(a man) and I were talking about this very thing on Saturday. We both agreed that the weight would not be an issue if Mandisa were a man.

Yeah I guess you are right about women getting treated differently than men on weight. But I think it is a real shame! Why is it that a overweight man isn't rediculed like a woman who is overweight? As far as talent,Mandesa had a far better voice than rueben. Well when she picked the right songs.

Does anyone agree that Kellie is getting sickening? I do not know why I detest her. I think I spotted her fakeness from the start. Cary Underwood she ain't!

Is Chris married? And I wonder him having a girl and kids will hurt his chances on making AI?

kim

I also wonder whether her weight isn't part of the quality of her voice. There are some really big opera singers, and then there's Chaka Khan, Ella Fitzgerald, Mahalia Jackson. I vaguely remember hearing that depth of tone comes partially from extra poundage. If so, it really is a shame. She has a queenly presence to her as well, IMO. Country music is all wrong for her. (I think Bucky's teeth need some work.)

I don't think anyone should be ridiculed for their weight, I just think it's unfortunate that so much gets attached to it.

Mandisa's face is just absolutely gorgeous and she seems like such a genuinely nice person. I do hope she finds success in another venue.

Mandisa is one of my favorites and I was surprised to see her go but knew she was not doing it quite well as I am sure she could have. I thought Kelly did well vocally and was not surprised she did not go home. I really like Chris and Kathryn and they will probably be there at the end of it. Taylor, though a favorite of mine, did not do well this week IMO. The person who should have gotten voted off obviously did not get it this week. I thought Ace did great this time with song choice and his vocal style though he is not one of my favorites (reminds me of Margolis).

That's right it was Scott last year who was kept alive by "Vote for the Worst Idol", it was the red head the year before. I could have sworn it was Bucky they were after this year...I'm kind of shocked they'd pick Kelly. I can't stand her either...her, Paris, and Bucky need to be the next ones to go.

Deni

IMO Chris should be the one to go. I'm sorry, no offense, I know everybody loves him, but I really just can't stand that guy. I love Bucky, I think he's great. And it's funny, because I'm all about Rock music and have never liked any type of country at all.

I still think Chris and Katherine probably have the best voices right now. Mandisa definitely was in that group before being kicked off....However...I was rooting for Chris big time, but I'm getting tired of him and not sure why?? Bucky picked one of my favorite songs to sing but I love the version by Vertical Horizon so much that he just didn't do it justice at all, IMO. I thought Paris did great with her song! I think Kenny Rogers seems like an awfully nice guy, but I have to agree he doesn't look like the Kenny I remember anymore! :) Ace definitely went down a few notches in my book when he did the song last week and referenced his scar, LOL...though I must admit that I still think he's a hottie in the looks department. :) If I had to predict, I'd say Katherine will probably wind up being the new AI..she seems to have pretty much the whole package they're looking for.

I love Elliot! I know everone loves Chris and Katherine, but I love his voice. He is also so humble and really seems like a nice guy. Okay, I admit I would love Ace for one night(LOL) I think anyone can win at this point. I Think Chris is good, but he doesn't seem that versatile. I still really like Tayor because he has so much personality. Even though the last couple of weeks he hasn't been that great. I think it is getting really interesting now though. Next week is Queen which I am really looking forward to. I wonder how Kelly Pickler will do with that. Anyway, we will just have to wait and see.:)

Susan

Susan, I agree with you about Elliot...don't know how I forgot about him! He also has one of the best voices! LOL about the "Ace love" for one night! :) I agree Taylor is really cool too. :) You're right, it should be interesting seeing them tackle Queen! :)

Oh, jeez! We can only imagine what Kelly will do AND say! Some dumb Dora remarks about never having heard about them and yada yada. She is getting really old, really fast.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

I am bummed to find that worst voting website. It all seems kind of phoney now. AI does beef up Chris. But, I don't really think I could actually sit through a concert by anybody else on that show except for Chris.

Plus, what is the show about? What are we supposed to be judging? Who can really sing or who has the best versitility? Taylor, Elliot, and Chris all stick to what they do best. They sound the same every week. The difference is Chris is awesome (IMO)! If we are judging versatility, Chris has that in the bag too....Do you guys remember Hollywood week when he sang Sheryl Crow...and blew everybody away???? Sheryl Crow's music is NOT rock!!

Sara
http://www.picturetrail.com/saraburnham1

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.