Am I the only person that didn't like Avatar?

Govtgirl

Cathlete
We downloaded and watched it last night. I was underwhelmed, to say the least :confused:

Yes, of course, the CG was AWESOME, it was incredible what they can do nowadays with computers. It all looked so real and beautiful. But, the story, the writing, the overall entertainment value of it all.....?? I just didn't see what the fuss was about.

And normally, I love James Cameron movies! Terminator, Aliens, Titanic, True Lies.....great movies, all of 'em, I was totally involved with each one.

Avatar? ZZzzzZZzzZZZ.....I had to fast-forward the last 45 minutes!

ZZzzzZZzzZZZ.....I had to fast-forward the last 45 minutes!

ITA!!! At around the 1hr 45 min mark I couldn't wait for this movie to be over. The artwork and graphics were amazing but, yes, the storyline was extremely weak. If they cut it down by 45 min, I think it would've been a lot better. I guess it just doesn't translate well from 3D to the normal screen, because everyone I know who saw it in Imax 3D loved it and everyone who saw it on Blueray or DVD at home didn't think it was anything to write home about.

I didn't either! I watched it against my will as a friend held me at gunpoint in my living room this week. I think the thing that pushed me over the edge was the "unobtanium." Is that the same stuff my ex-boyfriend schmeared all over himself? PS...someone should totally make a perfume or cologne with that name.

Last edited:
"unobtanium." Is that the same stuff my ex-boyfriend must have schmeared all over himself? PS...someone should totally make a perfume or cologne with that name.

Ahhhhh! :D Priceless! Before I found DH I had me a few of those "unobtainium" BF's. Funny!

I liked the movie....however, I am easily amused.....:eek:

You know I would have to agree. Visually stunning yes, . . .but I've seen that and heard all of that before not an original story line. More foul language than necessary. You know I love Aliens, . .one of my favorite movies but I was less than thrilled with Titanic.

I haven't seen it yet and I have a feeling it will not be that impressive on our TV (no HDTV or huge screen here). I heard the story and characters were crap. The TV previews just looked like cartoons to me but I'm sure I would have been more impressed in a theater.

I haven't seen it yet and I have a feeling it will not be that impressive on our TV (no HDTV or huge screen here). I heard the story and characters were crap. The TV previews just looked like cartoons to me but I'm sure I would have been more impressed in a theater.

Like Lainiefig I haven't seen it either, although DH is itching to rent it once we get a patch for our Blu-Ray player that can enable 3D discs to be played on it. I have precisely ZERO interest in it, and I'm glad that my lack of interest has been validated here. I also knew it was a butt-number length-wise.

Ah well. Dreck in 3D. Was bound to happen.

A-Jock

I cannot even tell you if I liked it or not, because I have had no desire whatsoever to see it. It is just not something that interests me at all! My whole family has seen it, multiple times, and I don't know, I just don't get what all teh hype is about.

Kristin

I saw it with my boyfriend....it was ok, but it's not a movie I'd want to buy or watch again. Predictable story line....ho hum. Now, give me the Lord of the Ring series. I've seen that multiple times, and have read the books....love it!

My husband & I have no desire to see this movie. We thought previews looks stupid and we have no desire to see it either.

Basically, the only reason we watched it was because there was nothing on TV that night, and we decided to see what all the hub-bub was about.

Once you got over the "gee look how cool everything looks", then it was just a lame boring movie. From the very beginning, I knew that the Marine in the Wheelchair was going to stay in tribe with the girl and become one of them.

And I hated the whole "ooh, look how evil and rotten and mercenary the White American People are, and how gentle and knowing and kind the Multi-Colored Native People are!!!" Ugh. :mad:

Last edited:
I've never seen it, nor do I plan on it. :D I honestly have no interest in watching it. :confused: I'm not big on movies anyways.

I didn't like it. I saw it in Imax 3D and for the first 30 minutes the visuals were amazing enough to keep me entertained. After that the lame plot and the one dimensional characters started getting on my nerves. I also thought there was just too much blue! I almost fell asleep half way through. DH and the in-laws enjoyed it. The best part was when it was over and the lights came on. We were in a row towards the back and the people in the front looked like they were two feet tall as the left the theater!

I went with my 16 year old and a couple of his friends to see this movie. I was underwhelmed. Not only that the freaking movie WOULD NOT END! At one point my son leaned over and said "Mom! Make it stop!" I at least felt better since I thought it was just me!

I took my kids, they really enjoyed it. I thought it was Dances With Wolves on an Alien Planet - they should have just called it that. Tatanka. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.