Alywn, TT, Kettlebells, etc for Wed June 18

lorajc

Cathlete
This morning was WSFL Weights, Metabolic circuits and HIIT. This was the heavy squats with metabolic circuits of pushup/prone jacknive, lunge with row and pullups/shoulder press/squat circuits. I alternated shoulder raises with presses to baby my shoulders a bit and alternated between pullups (with chair assist) and lat pulldowns with double extreme band and other band. Alternated the lunge cable row with holding a heavy DB.

I did the cardio intervals on the Rebounder and jogged around the house and down the cellar steps for the cardio. Cardio was 30/90 intervals/6 rounds with W/U & C/D but I think I accidentally did an extra set. Workout was 63" with a Cathe Low Impact Stretch and I burned 519 calories.

Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning Lora and all who follow.

My lats are still screamin' at me this morning. Every time DH hugs me I wince!}( :7

Today will be one of my SWAT work outs at nap time. Most likely the circuit. I have to work this morning otherwise I would get it done right now. Oh well.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I'll be back later!

G' mornin',

this morning was my first very own outdoor bootcamp class and it went very well! i had 10 people today and another 3 signed up for just friday's. i am doing it twice a week. whew, glad the first one is over:D

well my legs are pretty sore. i was going to run but i think i will do a walk on the TM using CC #7.

lora- congrats on a great eating day yesterday!

wendy- lol, right you got me....hehehe. i am excited to hear your review re: your swat workout!

jacque- IA with what wendy said re: bodyfat scales. i too use the omron for me and my clients.

BBL...

Good Morning!

Lora, Great workout!

Wendy, Wow, that workout really got you good. I have to try it!

Sunny, Congrats on your first BC class. My class starts next week. I'm doing mine 2x per week also. Hope mine goes as well!

Hello Jacque, Jen, Judy, Lori and Welcome Linda!

Well, yesterday was a rest day of sorts. I'm going to do TKW in a few minutes. I have to decide on a new rotation. AB sounds so good but I just bought Newport. Oh, how many of you preordered STS? My DH got it for me for my bday. I joked with him and told him he could have saved it for Christmas.

BBL

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

shirl- thanks!! i am sure your will be awesome! if you have any questions feel free to ask:)
i pre-ordered only mesocyle 2 of STS. what a nice dh!!

Sunny,

Oh, I like the idea of only preordering one mesocycle. Hmm, I'm wondering if DH would mind. I know that I can't lift as heavy as I'll need to for mesocycle 3 at home w/o a spot and some new dumbbells. What tools are you using for your BC class? Thanks! :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

shirl- i am using dumbbells, mats, jumpropes, resistance bands, medicine balls. plus at the park there are hills, benches and a jungle gym all at my disposal}( . after today's class i was told i was "insane" however he said that was meant in the nicest way possible, lol.
also, make sure you have them all sign waivers and also i am sure you already have your insurance covered.

Thanks for the info Sunny! Oh, I love it when my members call me insane! LOL Yep, I have the waivers ready and I'm fully insured. I have some nice hills in my backyard. I was doing some yardwork, yesterday and I thought hmm, they'd get a great workout pushing a wheel barrow up this hill! I plan on using my kids' jungle gym. I am so excited about this! :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

shirl- oh and don't forget about old skool wheelbarrels, where you have two people one of them is the pusher and the other is the wheelbarrel (then make them switch)...haha gets 'em everytime! what is the name of the gym where you work out of?

decided to switch my workout to SZ (using Jumpsnap during the breaks), don't think i could walk on a TM for an hr.

ok, gotta get off the boards and go get busy}(

Shirl and Sunny, you girls are making me jealous that I can't take your classes! They sound like sooooo much fun!

Lora, great workout! And awesome job on the eating yesterday!

Wendy, you'll have to brief us a little on the SWAT workouts. What are the exercises like? NOT that I need any encouragement to buy any more fitness related stuff...but I can't pass up a good workout!!

Okay, so I did my second weight workout of Afterburn this morning. OMG, these workouts are tough. I love them, and I hate them }( !! This morning's workout took me 70 minutes though, and that's the only drawback so far. I wish I could keep it under an hour. Hopefully, the pace will pick up as I become more familiar, but I have to say, I kept it moving this morning and it still went long. I really think that the 20 rep sets are exactly what I need right now after doing shorter rep sets for several months. If it's true that the body needs to have its routine continually shaken up, then Afterburn is accomplishing that for me. By the end of the third set on these exercises, I've got NOTHING left to give, and that's a good thing.

Hello to all who follow!

BBS~
Jen

Jen, AB sounds so good; I just might have to bite the bullet. Great job givingit your all. Wish you could take some of our classes. I'd love to take Sunny's classes.

Sunny, I work for a small corporate wellness program. The Boot Camp class is for my own personal training business. What do you think of SZ?

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Just a "pop in" before work. Skipped right by the previous posts but will come back . . .

Finished my NROLW Stage 2 B 1 workout this AM. Longest one so far but I enjoyed the exercises. Was supposed to do 15 min HIIT but can't believe how much I slept ! So will have to attempt to fit it in after work today.

Off to hit the shower - BBL for a break from work. }(

Hi!

Lora- nice workout today!

Sunny- You boot camp must be so awesome! congrats on getting the first one under your belt successfully!

Jen IA with Jen the AB workouts seem good and exhausting!

None of the NROL have taken me 70 minutes yet , unless you count the HIIT with them. I do it that way, but My HIIT is usually 20-35" and Alwyn's are 15-20" for NROL4W.

Wendy- have a good morning of work.

This morning was HIIT: Imax2 on BOSU blast only premix followed by stage 3B NROL4W. The weights are getting heavier. I still have slight quad & butt DOMS from Monday's workout. :7

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

HI Girls!

No time for personnals right now cause I need to get my workout started. I have P90X bic and back on tap and I think,after DS wakes from his nap, we may go for a run outside. If not, I will have to figure something out! LOL

BBL for personnals and to report my workout!
Lori:)

Lora - those circuits sound quite exerting. Great idea to take it easy on your shoulder but sounds like you worked them which is good.

Wendy - Thanks for the info on the Omron, checked them out and would love not to be pinching myself;-) I actually have a hard time on my quads getting the pinch spot and am not one of those who would ask DH to help. Sore lats are one of my least fav DOMS because it makes me feel tense all day. Hope the SWAT workout will ease some of the soreness for you.

Sunny - wanna take a RT to CA for an outdoor BC class? he he he. Sounds like you have quite a group and like a good time too. Will definitely be hitting Amazon.com at lunch to pick up an Omron. I am anxious to see improvements since the scale isn't budging much.

Shirl - hello to you too. Have fun choosing a new rotation. I did get the prebuy for STS and am waiting for it anxiously since I am seeing some great strength increase and definition from the NROLW workouts (and I'm only just starting Stage 2!:7 ). Sounds like it will be fun and I am so impressed with the differences that I am seeing in the "normal" Cathe crew on the blog ! We'll have to add that to the Alwyn groupie check-in too.

Jen - I was giggling about the Sunny/Shirl "teach fest" talk. Love to "hear" what you two are doing with your clients and wonderful to hear the enthusiam and LOL at the "insane" comment.:p Nice that you are enjoying your AB workout. Alwyn can work you hard and the time goes by before you realize it.

Judy - what is your take on Stage 3 vs the other two so far? IA the NROLW don't take me more than 30 - 45 min for the weight portions. Sure seems like hard work if you lift heavy as you say though. Guess that is why I've read so many posts saying, "get in, work hard, and get out."

Hope everyone has a nice day - Hey there Lori, Tammy, Christine !

Ladies,

It's 3:30 and I haven't done my work out yet!:eek: I need to get a move on here! I will be doing the SWAT circuit work out today. I hope I like it!

I got my new running kicks in the mail today so now I can't wait to hit the gym tmrw for a run! When I ordered them from running warehouse I was eligible for a free tote bag and for a technical running tee for only $5.00!!! The tote and the tee are both nice and to top it off, my new kicks were $10-$20 cheaper then most other places!!! SCORE!:7

BBL after my work out!

Jacque- Stage 3 has some very good and different compound exercises. Also the Body Weight Matrix it a great routine that I am sure is a calorie blaster and lower body burner! Therefore I think it to be quite useful. I am told that stage 4 is a repeat of 2 with more sets and heavier weight and 5 is a repeat of 3 in a similar fashion.

I particularly like the lat pull downs and do have a pulley system to do them at home. I am not resting as long as recommended between sets in stage 3 (105 seconds) This is mostly due to my impatience. But by the end of the workout, I find I need to rest 90 seconds or so at times before moving on to the next set. Also I do not rest between sets in the core sections at all, and I do more reps (12-20) of all core work. I intend to keep going with the program to give it a fair chance.

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

I'm back.

I just finished the SWAT Extreme weight loss & fat burning work out and I can honestly say that I truly enjoyed it!:) It's comprised of several different moves like jumping jacks, high knees, football drills, mountain climbers, burpees, push ups, squats, lunges, and various upper body moves. It's divided into 3 rounds and works the body well. He doesn't use weights for the lower body exercises but I opted to. I used a set of 10# DB's for the entire program and feel I got a good w/o. I could increase the weight for the lower body movements if I wanted to but I don't see the need to go any heavier with a circuit work out like this. He separates all of the movements with short spurts of marching to lower the heart rate before moving on to the next exercise. I was fine with that but if you wanted to increase the intensity you could always sub in another higher intensity cardio move. I also did the 6 min ab section and enjoyed it. The warm up, work out, abs and cool down are all separate chapters which is nice as well.

Okay well DH is being a pain in the tuchus over here :p so I gotta jet for now but I'll be back later for personals!

BFN!:)

Home from work to report on my eating.

I ordered a fruit plate this morning for an extra snack (from Bob Evans) and ate some of it with my normal morning snack. It was not very good and it was darned expensive! Won't be getting it again. I gave away the yogurt that came with it and had 2 bites out of the banana bread and gave the rest away. Gave the rest of the fruit away too. In the afternoon, they were ordering triple chocolate cake from next door and I ate my Danon Lite & Fit yogurt instead. I'm eating dinner now....and I always tend to overeat at this meal...........but I'll try not too.

Jen - I'm baffled. It took you 70" to complete the weights only segment of an Afterburn workout? How can that be. I thought they were relatively short, especially in the beginning.

I gave my fitness buddy at work Cardio Coach 8 to try for his cardio session this evening!! **insert evil laugh** He bragged about his cardio capacity and the fact that his trainer has been having him do 5 minute intervals. We'll see what he has to report tomorrow. I haven't even done this workout yet, as I'm scared!! LOL.

Great workouts everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.