Alpha Omega Check-In (Mon, 6/1- Sun, 6/7)

Hello Christine,
Enjoy your day with your hubby and congrats on finishing Slim in 6. Getting ready to write my paper now but making contacts with people who know the new CEO. Also, it's good that you are listening to your body and not working out but congrats on the five pounds!!

BBL

Jen

Hello Ladies,

Glad to see you both posting today. I have been soo busy today. No workout for me today, just busy with housework, and gardening. I stepped outside today and took one look at my front garden, and nearly screamed in horror. I have been unable to do anything in the garden, and with all the rain we've been having, stuff was sprouting everywhere. I pulled stuff out of there, I had never seen before. I still shouldn't be doing soo much physical work like that, but it just had to get done. I did the best I could, and later this afternoon, after I drop my son off at work, I will go to my favorite greenhouse and get some flowers. My husband is off tomorrow, and it will be a good day for me to get my garden going with his help :)

My daughter came back from Boston late last night, and here it is 2PM and she's still sleeping. Of course sharing a room with 3 other girls, she barely got any sleep, and came home exhausted.

I don't think I shared with you guys yesterday. My son Nathan, who's only 22, but lives with his GF and 2 year old son, just got laid off from his job this week. I felt soo bad for him, he didn't know how to tell me. He knows I tend to worry about everything, and didn't want to stress me out. I want to look on the bright side of this, because I've wanted him to leave the kind of work he's been doing for a long time. It's manual labor, and it will affect his health as he gets older. But he is very responsible, and wouldn't just leave his job, so now that he's been forced out of that position, I am hoping he will seek to better himself. I know he deserves soo much better. Please keep him in your prayers. I know he feels a little depressed and anxious about his predicament right now. I told him in this day and age, it can happen to any of us, and I am on the alert myself. He was planning on going to FL with us on vacation, but now that's off too. He really needs to watch his spending now.

Ok, I'm off now to see if I can wake my daughter up. It would be nice for her to keep me company and help me pick out flowers :)

Christine, Congratulations on your awesome results with your rotation :) Wow.

Jen, good luck with your paper :) Have a great day.

No paper yet, I went to Crosswalk and I asked for prayer.
Iris, gardening is therapy. And, your son can do better. Go back to school while looking for a new job is something to consider.

Hello again ladies! I'm glad I got to check our thread and see how you are both doing.

Iris, did you manage to get your daughter up so she could go with you to pick out some flowers? I'm glad she's back, I know you missed her! :) I can relate to your gardening horror story, my front yard was the same way when I tackled it last week! Good for you for getting some stuff done. I'm so sorry to hear about your son. As you know, I can totally relate! I know it can be nerve racking, but God will provide. Like you said, this could be a blessing in disguise! I know it was/is with me. I know that doesn't make it any easier to go through though. I'm sure your son is worried about providing for his child. This could be just the thing God can use to bring him to Himself though. I will keep him in prayer! And thanks for the congrats with my rotation!

Jen, let us know if there is anything we can pray about for you! Thanks for the congrats on my weight loss. I know 5 lbs isn't a "huge" number, but I didn't have a lot to lose to begin with and considering the fact that the scale hasn't budged for me in the past year, this was a huge success! I'm happy about the loss of inches more than anything. How is your paper coming along?

So far it's been a really nice day. We went out to breakfast, ran some errands, and got a lot of yard work done outside. We're going to the drive-in tonight, it should be the perfect night because the weather is so nice! You pay for one movie but get to see two so it's a great deal. We're seeing "Up" and "Night at the Museum 2". Should be fun!

Have a great night ladies! :)

Last edited:
Both movies sound great, I really want to see "Up." No paper started as of yet, but I am getting closer and getting motivated. Five pounds is a great number in the positive direction. Still feeling lonely again but will soon forget when I start my homework. There is someone whom I am attracted to who lives near the area I plan on moving to but HE will need to intervene on this. I believe he is attracted to me to but just hasn't figured out how and when. This person is not in healthcare and this person will not be living in the same area as me, I need my space.

"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24)

Hi Jen! I know how hard it can be to get motivated to do school work, especially when the weather is so nice! What are your plans for today? How did you meet this man in the city you plan to move? Was it during one of your visits?

Hi Iris! I hope you are doing well and I look forward to your post! :) I actually have a question for you about CLX. Can you let me know the breakdown of how she puts that workout together because I was thinking of making my own rotation similar to that program, but using the DVD's I currently have (Cathe, Jillian Michael's, TJ, etc.) I'd like to do something different to switch things up before going back to the Slim Series. Thanks!

No movies for us last night! :( We got to the drive-in 45 minutes early and it was PACKED! There was not a single space left to park without being too far away from the screen, so we just went home. Today I'm taking my husband and sister to the shelter so they can see the animals! We're going in a few hours, I'm looking forward to it. Other than that, today is my rest day! I'm going to do Slim Series "Cool it Off", which is an hour long stretch/relaxation workout. I'm really looking forward to an extended stretch!!

Hello Christine & Jen,

Happy Sunday :)

I'm feeling a little sore form all of my gardening yesterday, but I'm glad I got things done. Of course my son and daughter complained that I plant the same flowers every year. Which is not quite true. I did pink, red & white Begonias this year, and I haven't planted these in a few years. Last year I did something completely different, which I was not thrilled with, and most times I plant Petunias. This year, my neighbors beat me to it and planted petunias, so I had to do something different. I also find that begonias are very harty. You don't have to worry about them if the go without water for a couple days, which definitely will happen when I go to FL next month. I can't expect my son to come over everyday. Christine, my daughter did not go with me to the greenhouse after all. She complained that she was too tired from her trip, and doesn't enjoy shopping for plants. I was sarcastic and told her I don't like shopping at Joyce Leslie either, but I go because SOMEONE likes tho shop there, lol. In the end it was better for me to go alone, because she always makes me buy too much, lol.

Jen, thanks for your encouragement on my son's situation. My husband and I are trying to motivate him to go for some training and be able to get into a better field. It's just tough because he supports his G.F. and his son. She doesn't work. At least he does have a little part time job delivering pizza which is a "cash" job.

I'm still contemplating whether or not to take another rest day today. I probably will.

Christine about CLX. I was previewing some of the DVD's last week, and the exercises are mostly compound moves. Kind of like what Jari Love does. I'm not sure if you have any of her workouts, or maybe like Jillian Michaels. But the moves are really slow. They do lift heavy. I see that the incorporate lower & upper work in many of the exercises. I'm not sure how I will like this series. Some of the exercises seemed a little awkward to me, and I am not a big fan of compound moves, but love the cardio effect I get from them. I believe there are also 2 cardio workouts included and one or two ab segments. So, basically you do your weightlifting 3x a week, and your cardio 2 or 3x. One rest day, and your abs, I guess you can work in as you see fit. It's set up sort of like STS. There are 3 phases. One is Burn, the other Lean, and I forget the name of the other phase. I plan to do this rotation, but first I need to recoup.

Check in again later.

Hello Ladies.
The paper is done, I finished it this morning finally. HE came through for me. To reward myself, I got my haircut with 5" off and reshaped with my natural lowlights just now above my shoulders. Also, a Lands End spring sweater for $4. plus some a nautical sweater and dress black stretch pants from JC Penney.
The man that lives near the city I want to move to is an examiner for the State. We cannot date due to conflict of interest. My supervisor with my blessing told him that I had been attracted to him for 10 years, a few years back. Apparently, the attraction is/was mutual. I have faith in HIM that this person and I will discuss openly what is happening with mutual respect.
Iris, school is always a great option. He could get grants and scholarships to cover most of the costs. A lot of the larger churches here have fellowships that are not always used for seminary.

BBL

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.