Alpha Omega Check-In (Mon, 5/18- Sun, 5/24)

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account." (Hebrews 4:12-13)

Iris, how is your Monday going? Did your son end up going to church with you in the evening? I'm glad to hear you had such an amazing speaker, it's such a blessing to have such annointed teachers in our church! How is your shoulder feeling? I'm thinking of you today and hoping you're doing alright at work!

Jennifer, praise God for providing you with contacts already in the city you plan on moving too! That must be such a comfort to know you already have friends, and a lunch date! :) Maybe one of your realtors can get you into the hospitals where you plan on volunteering! I hope you are enjoying your off day!

Today I start "Burn it Up" from Slim in 6, I'm going to do it in about an hour. This morning I walked over 3 miles with the dog. I actually started a walking/jogging program (very similar to the "Couch to 5K" program). Since this is week one, I walked 4 minutes then jogged for 1 minute and repeated this 3 times for a total of 15 minutes. I could have stopped there, but continued walking for about an hour. Anyway, I'm supposed to do that 3x this week and then week two I walk less and jog more etc, etc, until week 12 where I am supposed to be all ready to run a 5K (3.1 miles). Not sure if I actually will or not, but my goal was really to get into jogging and this is a great program which will gradually get me there. Now I hope the weather holds up because we sold our treadmill last year, ha ha.

Hellos and blessings to all who follow! :)

Today is the day off and I am enjoying it although tired from the weekend. Getting ready to spread some mulch and mowing the lawn. LORD-willing, the door will open from one of the realtors I met and I know down there to volunteer or for a job. School starts back up again tomorrow and with all my reading done, I am anxious to get back there.
BBL

Just wanted to post an update since I completed my next Slim in Six workout. WOWIE!! Now I know why it's called "BURN it up"!! It was tough!! This one is 60 minutes and besides the new moves (which I am so thankful for after doing pretty much the same stuff the past 3 weeks :p), all the reps are doubled. I really WAS burning!! Just when I thought we were done, she added more and more reps. I had to take a bunch of breaks but I'm looking forward to building my endurance. So far I've lost 1.6 pounds, my arms are more toned and I can tell I've lost inches on my waist, hoorah!! :)

Jen, glad you got your reading done and you're all set for class tomorrow! Enjoy your yard work, I love being outside! :)

Hello Christine & Jen,

I survived another Monday, lol. I had a rough night yesterday. I developed a really bad pain on my right shoulder. It felt like Bursitis, which I had years ago. This morning, my daughter had to help me get my shirt on, because I couldn't lift my arm up. It seems to be easing up some, but I couldn't work out today, which was a bummer. This is my last week of STS, and I was looking forward to continue with the rotation, but I'm sure it'll be ok if I pick up with it again on Wednesday. Tomorrow, I hope to get to kickboxing class for some cardio.

My daughter wanted to go to church again today, and while I was really happy about that, I just did not feel well enough to sit through service, so I told her, I'd try to make it Wednesday. The last day the evangelist will be at our church.

Hi Jen, you must be glad to have gotten your reading out of the way :) I enjoy reading about your plans. You seemed to be very focused :)

Chrisitine, Burn it up sounds intense. Your endurance will improve as you continue with the program. Congrats on the weight loss :) You're doing great. I am thinking of trying low weight/high reps for a short rotation after STS, or I may do circuit workouts for 4 weeks.

Have a great night ladies.

Hello Ladies,
Iris, your bursitis may be spurred on by stress. The timing of it seems rather uncanny in relation to your job.
Christine, your advances you are making in those workouts are pheonomal!!
Last night after mowing the lawn and putting down mulch, my prof already started posting for today so I posted my bio and I printed the syllabus a few minutes ago. Tonight, my goal is to post to both discussion questions and do the quizzes. Wed. will be posting to questions and maybe writing my paper. The time off was good and was needed but happy to back. This class finishes up one week before the 4th of July.

Have a Blessed Day!!

Jen

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23)

Hi Jennifer! I'm glad you enjoyed your time off! I hope you accomplish your goal today of getting your discussion questions and quizzes done, good luck!

Hi Iris! Be careful with KB tonight if your shoulder is still bothering you. I also had bursitis in my right shoulder several years ago. I have to take it easy with weights and over-working the muscle. Low weight/high rep is my favorite way to work out!! After Slim in Six I know I have to change up my routine, I'm just not sure what I'll do yet. I have four of the DVD's from the "Slim Series", which is a follow up to the SI6 series, but I really need a break from this style of teaching for a bit. OH WAIT, I just remembered, I have Turbo Jam!!!! :) :D I will be doing that, hooray!! ;)

Today's workout was Burn it Up & Slim and Limber. I also walked 2.6 miles. I didn't end up getting my new sneakers this weekend. My hubby and I are actually going to a shoe store on Thursday night to try and find a pair. Apparently the owner has been a serious runner his whole life and is even in the Guinness Book of World Records for running cross country (from San Francisco to NY) the fastest! He fits people with the right shoes for running so I decided it would be a good idea to see him!

Hellos and blessings to all! :)

Hello Ladies.
HE has closed the door on my volunteer opportunities at the healthcare facilities, neither hospital will work with my schedule so I might try a local one but not sure. Now, I am back to watching the job market down there. I must practice patience and trust HIM, both I struggle with.
Tonight will be school work then maybe a walk. I was going to do my yard but my weed wacker needs charging so no big deal.

Have a Great Night.

Jen

Hi Jen & Christine. I am in excrutiating pain, but had to check in with you ladies.

Jen, yes I do think this pain, which I think is actually Tendonitis. I had it once or twice years ago, and I have been soo stressed lately, it doesn't surprise me this developed suddenly. I did lift heavy on Friday evening, but the pain didn't develop until Sunday night. I say it was just as I was thinking and dreading getting back to work on Monday. I ended up calling my doctor today, and god bless her, she called in something for me. It's something to help with the inflamation and pain. I'm praying it works quick. I'm having the hardest time doing anything, since it's my right side. Ok, enough of my complaining. I'm sorry things didn't work out for you with the two hospitals you had planned to volunteer at, but god always opens another door :) I've yet to start on my gardening projects, but hope to soon.

Christine, I am soo bummed. I haven't been able to workout since Saturday. That is soo unlike me. My family thinks I'm dying, because they're not used to see me soo inmobile, lol. I had planned on going to the gym, to at least get a little cardio, but I can't even walk without feeling uncomfortable, since I'm an arm swinger, lol. I just have to be patient and let my body recover.

I'm enjoying a little quiet time now. My daughter went to her friend's Baseball game, and hubby and my son are working the late shift today. I'm going to go relax now.

Have a great night ladies.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit." (Galatians 5:22-25)

Hello Iris! It seems the issues with logging on are fixed because here I am posting! :p Have the pain meds been working at all today? I know you said they may take a few days to take full effect. Have you tried ice or a heating pad? I can't remember if that even helped when I had the tendonitis. You are a trooper though getting through work!! Don't worry about STS right now and don't feel like you failed if you can't complete the last week. You should be proud of yourself that you made it through the whole thing!! You only had one week left so I'd say you have a major accomplishment here! The last week of discs will be there waiting for you when you are all better! :)

Hi Jennnifer! I'm sorry about your volunteer opportunities, but I know you know He has another plan for you! Having patience and trusting Him completely is definitely hard to do, especially with life changing decisions! I'll be keeping this in my prayers. Have a great night, I hope you get to take a walk!

Today's workout was Slim in 6 "Burn it Up" and "Slim & Limber". I did my workout immediately following my 2.5 walk with my dog, so I am real tired now! Today was Day 2 of my walk/jog "Couch to 5K" training and running in the sun really wiped me out. I'm looking forward to enjoying a nice dinner when my hubby gets home and then relaxing!

Hellos and blessings to all who follow! :)

Hello Friends.
Tonight is to finish the lawn and check back later in class. I am truly looking forward to the weekend. My CEO was giving me a headache today, I asked HIM for a new job once again. Thursday is paper outline and discussion. Friday is team charter and paper.
Have a Blessed Night.

Jen

Hello Christine & Jen,

I'm just taking a minute to post. I ended up calling out of work today. The pain in my shoulder/arm, grew to the point where I thought of going to the Immedicenter or hospital last night. I can't believe how bad I'm hurting. I called my doctor, and she referred me to an orthopedist, so I have an appt. today at 1:45. Unfortunately, I couldn't get anything earlier. For now, I'm just hanging around and trying to relax.

My kids were saying yesterday, that they know I must be in agony, if I haven't worked out since Saturday. That is a first for me. Even when I go on vacation, I try to get a couple of workouts in. Unfortunately, there is not much I can do.

Hope you guys are having a good day. It's beautiful in NJ today, so I know you must be enjoying the weather too Christine :)

I'll let you guys know how I make out at the doctor's today. Hopefully he will be able to provide some relief for me.

"Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." (1 Peter 3:15-16)

Iris, I'm so sorry you are still in so much pain, even with the pain medication! How did your doctor's appointment go today? Did they take an xray/MRI? I am thinking of you and praying all is well!

Jennifer, I'm sorry you were having trouble at work yesterday. How did things go today?

Today's workout was Burn it Up and Slim & Limber. I didn't get to walk today because I had a doctor's appointment and then ran to the mall. When I got back in the afternoon it was just too darn hot!! My dog was happy enough to play frisbee in the back yard though, I just stood in the shade under a tree! :p

Did you guys hear about the recent foiled terror attack on the news?? Those men live about 20 minutes east of me. I actually used to work in Newburgh (where the terror plot was unfolding) and my hubby currently works there. They were looking to attack a military base here. It's pretty scary, I'm glad they got caught! Apparently the man who was working with them to plant the bombs was an FBI informant and that is how they got caught. Praise GOD for protecting our Country!!

Hellos and blessings to all.

Christine,

I just watched the news on the terrorist plot. It's soo scarry how evil just keeps getting worse :( Thank god for his hand of intervention in this.

I have had quite a day today. I saw the orthopedist, and he had 2 x-rays taken. All they could see is some calcium deposits around the rotator cuff. He beliefs that is what's causing my pain. He gave me a cortisone injection, and then came back to check on me about 10 minutes later. He asked how I was feeling, and of curse, I was still in pain, so he ended up giving me a prescription for prednisone as well. He also recommended I go for physical therapy for 6 weeks. Something I don't think I'll be able to afford, but will look into. I'm kind of bummed as I wonder if this problem happened because of all the heavy lifting I've been doing. Maybe I'm just feeling depressed, but right now I don't feel it's worth it, if I have to suffer with this type of pain. I'm seriously going to have to reconsider my lifting habits. I'll still lift weights, but I will definitely proceed with caution where the shoulders are concerned.

Thanks for asking. I expect to get back to work tomorrow, and hope I will start to feel better really soon.

Hello Ladies.
Iris, I hope you are feeling better. Take the meds and consider PT although it may not be necessary for you.
Christine, thank GOD nothing happened.
Work continued to be the same up until Friday. Early this morning, my cats were being the great hunters they are and catching mice so I was up to hear some of it. Thank GOD, I got my paper done last night. It was like HE gave me the words to use. Pretty tired right now but I am supposed to go to the Highland Games today so I must get ready real quick. Also, last night, I bought my first clothing item on HSN. I have some of their home products and they are great!!
BBL tonight.

Jen

"Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God" (Romans 15:7)

Hi Jennifer! You were an early bird this morning, I see you posted at 7:30am! :p I was up early myself. The dog had to go out at 6am and of course she always wakes me up and not my husband, lol. Then I fed the kitties. After that I layed back in bed for a while! I'm sorry work wasn't the best all week but thank God for this three day weekend! I'm glad you got your paper done, have fun today! And enjoy your new outfit! :)

Hi Iris! I'm so sorry about your shoulder! How are you feeling today? I can't believe the cortisone injection didn't even help, you must be in real bad pain. PT can be expensive, depending on how many times per week they want you to go. It is good to try if you have the insurance, but I know the co-pays add up big time! Maybe you can do 1x per week for the six weeks? That way you can at least learn the appropriate stretches and how they take care of you in PT, so you can do it on your own at home the rest of the week. It might be the heavy lifting. Did the doc have any suggestions as to what might have caused it? I know you mentioned in the past you couldn't handle the heavy lifting with FF's rotations. I know I really have to baby my shoulders when I work out. I dont' think I've ever lifted beyond 8lbs for shoulders, and that's even pushing it for me! You have to remember that you use your shoulders for a lot of other exercises too, especially push ups, so it's really easy to over work them if you already have problems with them like we do. I think it will do you good to stay away from heavy lifting, at least for a while. I pray today you are feeling better!

Yesterday my body needed an OFF day! I just knew it wouldn't be wise for me to even attempt my workout. I didn't even walk the dog, it's been too hot. I did, however, clean the entire upstairs of my home and got a few loads of laundry done. I felt very accomplished at the end of the day! Today's workout is Burn it UP & Slim & Limber, along with a nice walk with doggie and hubby! :)

Any plans for the weekend? We have a BBQ at my sister's house tomorrow.

Hellos and blessings to all!

Hello Ladies,

Thanks for all of your advise. I am slowly starting to feel better. Each day I seem to have slightly more movement in my arm. Getting dressed, and taking care of my hair are still a challenge, but my spirits are much better. I even managed to get in an hour of cardio at the gym today. I'm not up to doing a cardio video yet, but I brought my Ipod with my christian music and did 30 minutes on the elliptical, and 30 minutes on the TM. I even got a little physical therapy on the elliptical moving my arms, lol.

Soo glad the weekend is here. Work continues to be challenging, but I feel like I've expressed my feelings to my direct supervisor, as well as the Account Exec. I work most closely with, and now I just have to deal with things as they come, just like everyone else. I'm still actively seeking, but being sidelined, I have not been able to get to work on my Resume. Hopefully soon.

Also, I booked my FL trip yesterday. The tickets were ridiculously inexpensive, and when you consider how much you can spend on just a weekend at the Jersey Shore, it seemed like a no brainer. I think I need to get away for at least a week. If I didn't go anywhere, being soo close to work, I would drive by and dread that I'd be coming back soon. My son and daughter will be there for 2 weeks, so they leave the week before us, and then we will be travelling back together.

As for the holiday weekend, so far, I'm playing it by ear, but tomorrow, my daughter is participating in our town parade, with her soccer team, so I'll probably go watch the parade. Then we'll see what else there is to do. Have a great weekend ladies.

Iris, I'm glad to hear you are slowly getting better! I'm happy that you got some cardio in too, I know you were bothered by not being able to work out for so long. You will get better, one day at a time!

Hooray on booking your FL trip!! I'm glad you decided to get away, that was a great idea especially since you mentioned driving by your office doesn't even allow you to enjoy your time off! You will be far away having fun in the sun! :) I'm happy for you and glad you made that decision, you deserve it!

There has been a change in plans for my weekend. Tomorrow we will be on Rhode Island for my husband's brother's fiance's bridal shower. Wow, that was a mouth full, LOL. Originally I declined to go, but now we are so I will be gone from early morning until late evening. I doubt I will get to post tomorrow but wanted to wish everyone a happy, safe Memorial Day weekend!

Have fun at the parade Iris! Jen, I hope you enjoy yourself too!

Blessings! :)

Hello Ladies.
How are you? Yesterday, it was fun although I got the stomach flu late in the afternoon and this morning so I cancelled out of my last nursery date. The festival had rain plus the layout was all turned around due to construction on the college campus. Alma College is a christian school but I believe they are quite liberal in belief because of some of the college fraternities they allow on campus plus the main contributor to the festival is a secret oath society. The actual event though is very Scottish.
Tonight, I plan to edit my paper and I plan to post to class. Monday will be reading for school and working on my yard.
A blessing from yesterday. My friend is also going for her MBA. Although, she attends a different school, our study schedules are very similiar so we plan to get together more often to support each other and to discuss school.

Rhode Island, I always believed it to be a pretty area, is it?

Iris-glad to know that you are doing better and are able to workout.

BBL

Jen

Hello Christine & Jen,

I hope you ladies are having a lovely day. I am at home relaxing now, after having attended the worship part of Sunday morning service. Unfortunately, my daughter and I had to cut out before the sermon, as I had to give my son a ride to work. He's 19, and still not a licensed driver, though I keep urging him to do so. Non-the-less, I'm glad I went, and best of all, I am glad my daughter was the one pushing me to go. She was sick with a cold this morning, and I thought for sure, she'd want to sleep in, but she was dressed and ready to go in no time. I am soo thankful for this change in her :)

Hey Jen, that is soo nice you've found a friend with a common interest. It'll be nice for you to get to gether more often, and I'm sure it will prove to be a great motivator for you both :)

Christine, how was the trip to R.I.? How was the shower? It's a beautiful day here, so the Memorial Day parade went off without a hitch :)

I am still recuperating a little slower than I'd like, but do have more mobility in my arm, so I'm thankful for that. I was able to comb my own hair after my workout today. I managed to do a Tae-bo lower body workout that I have. I managed to get through about 40 minutes of it, before calling it a day. I know I have to give my body time to catch up, so I'm not pushing too hard. This week, I plan to get to the gym as often as possible for cardio on the equipment, since classes are difficult for me right now. As long as I get in some type of workout, I'm happy, lol.

Enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend ladies :)

Hello Ladies.
My studying and my assignments are done for week one. Week 2 starts Monday night.
Iris, yes, it is a gift from GOD that my friend and I are on the same study schedule so that we can give each other support and strength. I told her about my last class, Quanitative Business Reasoning and she gave me the "ick" look. Don't push yourself and please don't use your arm if you don't have to. Rest it. Walking is always good.
Christine, I echo Iris on her questions about your weekend.
Where has Heather been?

BBL

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.