Almost dropped the envelope

dss62467

Cathlete
You ladies aren't going to believe this...

I just got a confirmation offer letter in the mail from my new job. We never actually discussed what my title would be, so I was very surprised when I saw it...Assistant Vice President and HR Information Systems Analyst. Assistant Vice President....what's up with THAT?!?! HELL-o! At least I'll have something that sounds impressive when I go to the high school reunion this September. Makes me wish I had bought a more expensive dress than the one I got from The Gap for $20!

Assistant Vice President. I'm flabbergasted. If you all knew how truly un-Vice President like I really am, oh wait...I think you do!

You must all refer to me as Ms. Assistant Vice President from now on.

Actually, now that I think about it...what does that title mean? Just more letters...I'm Donna S., AVP HRIS Analyst, PHR. XYZPDQ.

>You must all refer to me as Ms. Assistant Vice President from
>now on.
>

I think I'll just shorten it to "Ass. VP"! LOL!

Congratulations! That is impressive!

This job journey of yours has been so cool and inspiring. You certainly are Assistant VP material!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Thanks for sharing -

Joni

That is so freaking awesome! Congratultions, Madame Vice President, ABCDQRSTUV! You should be very proud of your accomplishments! Make sure you flash that new business card to everyone at the reunion. "Here, why don't you just e-mail me...my address is on my business card."

Donna - that's awesome! Congratulations! I always thought what a gift it would be to see ourselves as others see us (well, some others;-) You obviously made a great impression.

Way to go Ms. Assistant Vice President!

Did you get that cute black Gap sundress? I picked one up last week only because the price was so great. It looks cute on too!

Tammy

Nice going, I'm impressed Donna! Lovely to see that you can still find time for us little people who knew you when.....;-) :)

Nothing wrong with Gap attire at a big event, remember what a hit Sharon Stone was at the Oscars years ago in her Gap shirt.

Make sure to bring tons of business cards to the reunion and say things like, "call me, we'll do lunch.":+

Take Care
Laurie

Congrats Donna.

The job I am about to resign from is for a bank (I think your new job is at a bank, correct?) and in the bank I work for an AVP is an officer. It means you are salary, not hourly, you get more vacation time than non officers and you get bigger bonuses than non officers, etc. It's probably a similar set up where you are going...

Wendy

6/10/05 Some new pics added! Check them out in the "Me and My Boys" album!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/wendymin

Donna-
No, we DO NOT know how un-VP-like you are at all. Quite the contrary. You seem like perfect VP material to me. Congratulations!!
-Nancy

Wendy - That's what my sister said. She used to work in banking too and said that they give the AVP title to everyone in management. That's cool - I was afraid I was getting myself into a position of more responsibility than I want. Still...the title does sound cool!

Being a mom with a young child, who doesn't believe in sacrificing her child for her career, I really have no desire to be a big-whig. Just someone with a good job, good pay and respect for what I do.

Tammy - yes! I'll bet you got the same dress I did. It's black cotton, with thicker tank straps and a nice full skirt. I love it except I haven't figured out exactly what to do about a bra. I can't go braless with my endowments and strapless...well they're pretty useless. I am working out an idea in my head about tacking my bra straps to the dress straps.

If anybody out there with a C-cup or higher bra size can recommend a good strapless bra, I'd appreciate it. I'm going to be wearing the dress to my niece's wedding in a few weeks too.

>Tammy - yes! I'll bet you got the same dress I did. It's
>black cotton, with thicker tank straps and a nice full skirt.
>I love it except I haven't figured out exactly what to do
>about a bra. I can't go braless with my endowments and
>strapless...well they're pretty useless. I am working out an
>idea in my head about tacking my bra straps to the dress
>straps.
>
>If anybody out there with a C-cup or higher bra size can
>recommend a good strapless bra, I'd appreciate it. I'm going
>to be wearing the dress to my niece's wedding in a few weeks
>too.

Sounds like the same dress....It is a really great summer dress! Good luck with the bra issues, I am rather flat chested so I can't offer up any help.

Tammy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.