advice on rotations

Leggs

Cathlete
Hi! This is my first week starting a S&H/Pilates/PH rotation.
My question for everyone is this. I want to firm/define and scuplt but fear looking like an amazon (I read a post where someone said after doing S&H they felt they looked that way).So I was wondering do I do this rotation for only 3 weeks and then switch to PS for 3 weeks or should I do this for 6 weeks and then switch? I am new to the "rotation thing" and am not sure where I should be going and with what rotation. I at this point do not have PS but maybe I should purchase them if I want less bulk and more sculpt?? Any advice would be great!!

After doing 3 weeks of S&H I switched to an endurance rotation (Power Hour and Body Max) for 4 weeks. I found that it 'lengthened' some of my bulk and my muscles seemed more defined after this rotation. I did a PS rotation for 8 weeks before I did S&H, since my goal was strength at that time. I am currently continuing with my endurance rotation and am on my 2nd week of a 6 week CTX rotation. Then I will go back to PS and start the whole thing over. I love my Cathe videos!!!! I guess it depends on your goals, but after S&H, you might want a refreshing change of pace, like Power Hour or MIS. Have fun!

I have an option for you! you can lift not soo heavy weights but adequate poundage and throw in an extra set when the break begins! You can also use dumbells in place of the barbell to change to a fuller range of motion!You will be defining and toning but not bulking up if you aren't using heavier weight which makes the muscle expand!The pilates will lenghten the look of your body, you'll be standing taller! You have a nice rotation set up--try it the way you have it and as each week progress you can make these slight changes that I mentioned if your not satisfied.Get your muscles to respond to this program and then go from there. You might want to add a day of cardio or a mini one before your weight work! Then again this is all options that you need to decide if your not getting the results you want!Good luck! I wanna hear how you made out with this!Your friend in fitness~~Francine

Thanx for all the advice--I can no longer do high impact aeroobics due to a slipped disc so I cannot do a LOT of the Cathe tapes (boo hoo). Will fill you in and let you know how I do

Thanx for all the advice--I can no longer do high impact aeroobics due to a slipped disc so I cannot do a LOT of the Cathe tapes (boo hoo). Will fill you in and let you know how I do

Cathe suggests doing the S&H series only 3 weeks at a time, so why don't you go by her advice? There's an easy answer!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.