advice on foundation

I am getting married outdoors next week in Mobile Alabama (which means its gonna be hot and humid). I never wear foundation, so I'm clueless what to buy for the big day. I am looking for something water based or that definitely won't cause a break out, light, and that won't slide off my face in the heat. If it could feel like I am not wearing anything at all, that would be good. Thanks for any recommendations!

Congratulation's!! How exciting for you! I hope you have a lovely day.

I don't wear make up so take my advice for what it's worth to you, okay? On my wedding day I let other people talk me into wearing make-up "for the photos". It wasn't over-done or anything gawdy but I don't like my wedding photos because of the make-up. No one else notices it but me but...it was my wedding day and I wish now I had just stayed...au natural.

Outdoor photos always, always look better than indoor so perhaps...you are worrying about foundation for nothing. Maybe just some blush and your usual eye make-up and you'll be beautiful without the foundation.

:)

Congratulations! I hope you have a beautiful day for your wedding:)

I personally can't recommend a foundation, but you might consider going to a better department store and get advice at one of the many make up counters. They would probably be able to help you. HTH

Michele

If it's something you're only going to use once, then you probably don't want to spend a fortune on it.

I use Maybelline dream mousse foundation for the times I do wear it. It's very light (kind of whipped and bubbly, like... mousse!) but it covers quite well.

I've tried so many foundations until I found Bare Essentials. I don't think I'll ever try anything else. Very natural looking and doesn't feel heavy at all. I've heard of other people that don't like it so I think it just depends on your skin type. You may want to go to someplace like Sephora and try a few different ones. Also, makeupalley.com for more reviews and recommendations. For my wedding two years ago, I had my makeup done professionally and boy did that make a difference. I can see from the pictures that my makeup held up perfectly.

I'm not a big foundation girl either, and have found that the All In One Face Base from The Body Shop works great. Especially in the summer. It's more like a powder than a liquid base.

Here's a link for it.

http://www.thebodyshop.com/bodyshop....jsp?productId=prod170128&categoryId=cat30038

If you just wanted to add a little color, you could also just use a bronzing powder. I use this everyday too. Here's a link to the one I use.

http://www.thebodyshop.com/bodyshop....jsp?productId=prod170158&categoryId=cat30038

Hope that helps! I swear by it and always carry one in my purse.

Jen

I was going to suggest Bare Essetials too but you would need to order it now to hopefully get it by next week.

I would not take advice from someone behind a cosmetic counter. I used to work for one of them and its all about $$$$$. Most of the girls don't even wear the product they are selling. When I worked for one major one the counter manager wore makeup from CVS. She would just find a colour that matched it from the finer brand and tell everyone that was it. This was not that uncommon.

If not Bare than something similar and light. Wear it a few days in a row to ensure its okay.

Otherwise don't wear any makeup.

Yet another vote for Bare Escentials. I LOVE it! When I started using it everyone commented on how great my skin looked, I mean they were gushing. You should order it soon though so you can have it for the big day.

Kathy

If you are thinking of going with a mineral base make-up, you might want to try Neutrogena. They have a mineral foundation which I love and it is only about $11 at Target. I used BE until I found this one. I like Neutrogena better. Some times my face would itch with BE, but not with Neutrogena.

You could try a tinted moisturizer instead of a foundation. Burts Bees makes one that's very light.

Also, if your skin tone is pretty even to begin with, I'd just touch up with some concealer and a little finishing powder and skip a foundation completely, especially if it's going to be hot and humid.

Congratulations!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.