Adding sets/reps

Hello Cathe,
If/when you have a minute, could you clarify whether adding sets/reps to your programs is a viable option to increase challenge/shock the system? (I am not afraid of increasing weights, but trying something different seems good too)
And, (guess I am overstaying my welcome at this site with questions;) ) will Cross-Train Express be good after completing STS? Or after STS + several weeks of Gym-Styles? I just like the idea of a 6-days' split with cardio, tempted to try it ;).
Thank your for your time and patience.

Last edited:
Justinef, thanks for the feedback, a very interesting article. I suspected something of this sort.
I wonder about training volume because my current working weights are rather high (close to my BW sometimes) and after completing meso 3 I'm now in, these will increase yet more.
I am definitely not afraid of lifting heavy, but being a record-hitting champion in this field or bodybuilder is not my goal either ;-).
So, I am trying to dig new info on progression varieties and optional paths to beauty and health.

Hi condor-the-bird
I'd be interested to hear Cathe's response - but in the mean time, in respect to your first question, this article is interesting:
Beyond Sets And Reps: A Look At Training Volume | Muscle & Strength
I think the article is trying to say that increasing either the weight or the reps will work
Justine

I know what you mean about lifting around bodyweight dumbells. I actually get quite nervous sometimes. :eek: I think variety is key. Like you, I'm meso#3 - I'm going back to Meso#2 afterwards - it'll be interesting to see how my weights change for that.
Justine

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.