Active Recovery Week

molasses

Cathlete
I've joined yogatoday.com for my active recovery week since I've always wanted to learn yoga.

What are you doing/have you done for the active recovery week? Will you try something new too?

I'm only on Week 2 but I've been thinking about my first active recovery week... I'll probably make it a point to take my dog on longer walks, and do yoga dvd's that have been gathering dust since I discovered Cathe a year ago.

Hi All, very exciting as this is my first post!

I'm slightly regretting starting STS at the moment, as I'm right in the middle of the (field) hockey season - I train on Wednesday, coach on Friday, and play on Saturday - hence having got through cycle 1 my rotation has been Sunday - back and triceps, Monday - legs, Tuesday - rest, Thursday - chest, shoulders and biceps. Such is new year's resolutions though! I might do it again over close season.

My active recovery week last week somewhat unfortunately featured 2 matches (oops!) in addition to training and coaching... I think I've missed the point of the recovery week! :confused:

However, I will say that this is having instant effects on my game. Increased upper body strength means I'm driving through tackles, and strength in the shoulders is giving me a more powerful hit. I think the coach might give up on giving me push ups as a "punishment" for mistakes in training as well!!

seriously, shoveling snow. It has happened on two active recovery weeks from STS.

I focused on cardio and core for my active recovery week that recently ended...All tough work outs but no heavy lifting. Nice change for a week and now it's back to haulin' those heavy weights! ;)

Travel Fit

So I figured I'd do Travel Fit today as part of my recovery week. Travel Fit is completely different than the band work in Stretch Max! I forgot what a thorough workout this one is. Maybe I'll be able to use my green band for all exercises by the time I finish my STS rotation.

BTW: Monday, intervals on my treadmill to equal 3 miles and Tuesday, yoga. I think I'll be recovering tmrw from today's band work! LOL

Lisa

So I figured I'd do Travel Fit today as part of my recovery week. Travel Fit is completely different than the band work in Stretch Max! I forgot what a thorough workout this one is. Maybe I'll be able to use my green band for all exercises by the time I finish my STS rotation.

Lisa[/QUOTE/]

I did my recovery wee last week & must say it wasn't so bad. Plus I can see the benefit as I start back in to Meso 2. It is my understanding that you should be taking a break from strength type training to give your muscles the chance to recover. The band work in StrecthMax is just that, Stretching.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Lisa, I also did yoga several days & hit the elliptical. Good luck.

I'm under the same impression, but hadn't done Travel Fit for quite some time and forgot how deeply it works the muscles. Walking/yoga for the rest of my recovery week.

On the active recovery week, can you do circuit or light weight w/o's? I just finished up my active recovery week with only walking, as I wasn't sure if I could lift any weight. Today, though, I couldn't stand it and did Circuit Blast. Went really light, 8's was the heaviest I went.

Would really appreciate advice for my next active recovery week.

Gwynn

My active recovery week starts today. I plan to focus on cardio. Mainly Turbo Fire and running........ :)

I just found a rotation in weekly news letter for shaping up for summer, I've modified the first week of cardio suggestions for my recovery week after MESO 1, starts the 11th of April.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.