A Special Perspective on the Election

Great link...I think the article is completely correct!! :rolleyes: I may discuss my political views with other people...but I do that mostly to get my thoughts out there...not with the idea that I may actually change someone's mind! :) Especially if people lean really one way or the other. I always wonder about people who argue like crazy...all the while they must know that the person they are arguing with is not going to suddenly change their mind about the issues at hand!! :p I actually like talking...not arguing...with people who have opposite views than mine. I usually end up learning something...even though, they didn't change my mind! :cool:

I'm actually one of those moderate oddballs who hasn't made up her mind yet. (It always seems to come down to the lesser of 2 evils when I vote.) So, even though I posted this, I'm one of the few people who might actually be swayed one way or another (but by sensible, reasoned argument, not vehement attacks).

Great link...I think the article is completely correct!! :rolleyes: I may discuss my political views with other people...but I do that mostly to get my thoughts out there...not with the idea that I may actually change someone's mind! :) Especially if people lean really one way or the other. I always wonder about people who argue like crazy...all the while they must know that the person they are arguing with is not going to suddenly change their mind about the issues at hand!! :p I actually like talking...not arguing...with people who have opposite views than mine. I usually end up learning something...even though, they didn't change my mind! :cool:

Ditto Deb!

Loved the article Lanie!!

ITA! I love to talk and debate but at a certain point you just have to say "thanks for sharing your point of view" and then just agree to disagree. And if it's getting really heated, just walk away. Sadly, and I think thanks to talk shows, civility in these sorts of discussions has gone the way of the Dodo bird. People have the idea if they yell the loudest, talk the longest, or say the most vile, mean-spirited thing, then that somehow carries their point or makes them more "right." To me though what is does is make them seem incredibly insecure in who they are what they believe, because people who are truly at piece with who they are and what the believe have no need to always be right, or get the last word. It took me a while to learn this BTW, I used to be one of those people. :D

Great link! But I would advise people not to read The Onion while sipping coffee!! It makes for a snarfed mess! :p

Sparrow

I'm actually one of those moderate oddballs who hasn't made up her mind yet. (It always seems to come down to the lesser of 2 evils when I vote.) So, even though I posted this, I'm one of the few people who might actually be swayed one way or another (but by sensible, reasoned argument, not vehement attacks).

Same here Lainie! I hate election time. I have never ever in over 20 years of voting found a candidate that I was actually excited about or even interested in.

My husband offered to run for office, but I like that idea even less!! (Besides, he and I don't always agree on everything political either.)

Thanks for the Onion link!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.