A question for FitnessFreak :)

mpina

Cathlete
Hi Debbie,

If you could me help on this one I would appreciate it :)

My question is about what weight training dvd's ( Cathe's of course ) should I use and its frequency; I don't know if I should use light weights or heavy, if I should use circuit workouts...

From what I've been reading I think I'm endomorph...

Can you give me some pointers please?

I need to loose about 15 pounds and I'm very bulky in my half ( I think it's because I only used to do Body Pump w/ some heavy weight )..

Thanks again :)

Marta

Endomorphs most likely react better to endurance type workouts. Do you have some of Cathe's workouts? Maybe try her total body workouts - i.e. Muscle Endurance, Muscle Max, Total Body etc. Do them 3 times a week and add in cardio on the other 3. Take 1 rest day.

Endomorphs most likely react better to endurance type workouts. Do you have some of Cathe's workouts? Maybe try her total body workouts - i.e. Muscle Endurance, Muscle Max, Total Body etc. Do them 3 times a week and add in cardio on the other 3. Take 1 rest day.

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for answering my question. I have all Cathe's DVD's!! Go figure :eek:

What about Power Hour or MIS? Can I do those as well? Sorry to bother you with questions but I want to understand better these types of weight training dvd's...

Marta

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for answering my question. I have all Cathe's DVD's!! Go figure :eek:

What about Power Hour or MIS? Can I do those as well? Sorry to bother you with questions but I want to understand better these types of weight training dvd's...

Marta

Yes you sure can. Any workout that works the entire body in one hour is a total body workout and usually endurance workouts. MIS and PH fall under that category.

PLB and PUB do to but you need to do those on seperate days.

You can also mix in some circuit workouts as well. Ones like High Step Challenge, SJ&P, and the like.

Yes you sure can. Any workout that works the entire body in one hour is a total body workout and usually endurance workouts. MIS and PH fall under that category.

PLB and PUB do to but you need to do those on seperate days.

You can also mix in some circuit workouts as well. Ones like High Step Challenge, SJ&P, and the like.

Hi Debbie,

Thanks again! So from what I understand the 3 days of weight training could be filled with both endurance or circuit workouts, right?

The rotation I'm doing next is Cathe's July 2010...can you tell me if that's a good choice?

thanks

Marta

Just a little FYI on the pyramid workouts, there is a great total body premix on that dvd that is endurance based.

Just a little FYI on the pyramid workouts, there is a great total body premix on that dvd that is endurance based.

Where? I can't find it...

On the discription of the premixes on Cathe's site it says:

"Pyramid Upper Body:

PreMix Combos: We've included 2 Premix Combos with this workout, including:
1) Pyramid Up only (3 sets each exercise)
2) Pyramid Down only (3 sets each exercise)

Pyramid Lower Body:

PreMix Combos:
We've included 2 Premix Combos with this workout, including:
1) Pyramid Up only (3 sets each exercise)
2) Pyramid Down only (3 sets each exercise)"

Cathe's July, 2010 rotation is PERFECT! Try it and see how you do with it.

Kariev - I didn't know the pyramids had a total body workout premix either. Where is it?

Cathe's July, 2010 rotation is PERFECT! Try it and see how you do with it.

Kariev - I didn't know the pyramids had a total body workout premix either. Where is it?

Thank you again Debbie!! That's exactly what I'm going to do!!!

I've just finished your "Endurance rotation using some premixes - Advanced" from November 2005 and I have to tell you that I really enjoyed it.
Thanks again for sharing your rotations with us ;)

Marta

On the actual dvd when your at the menu to choose upper or lower body, at the bottom there is an option all bonus combo or something like that. That is the full body premix.

Thank you again Debbie!! That's exactly what I'm going to do!!!

I've just finished your "Endurance rotation using some premixes - Advanced" from November 2005 and I have to tell you that I really enjoyed it.
Thanks again for sharing your rotations with us ;)

Marta

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I've been wanting to make up a new Get Ready for Summer rotation but haven't had time to sit down and do it. Hopefully soon.

On the actual dvd when your at the menu to choose upper or lower body, at the bottom there is an option all bonus combo or something like that. That is the full body premix.

Thanks! I'll have to check that one out for sure.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.