A New Way To Watch Cathe Live!

My download speed is SLOW, that being said, I have no problem playing my workout blender videos and on demand videos on low quality choice. Also, Cathe Live plays perfect on low quality, but within the Cathe Live app,
Except for the last few workouts, none will play, get message sorry, error occurred, try again. The last few that
Will start up, say high quality, so I don't believe technology is kicking in. This is on iPad with IOS10. I put
The app on another iPad that has IOS 9 and it crashes like described above. App opens then goes back to home
Screen.

The text you see saying "high quality" is just what we call the original file and has nothing to do with the bit rate you actually receive. It will always say "high quality" no matter what the actual bit rate you are receiving. I have two questions for you: #1 You say you have a slow internet speed. Do you know how many mbps it is? #2 What are the two types of iPad you're using?

No, I don't know the actual speed, but it's super slow, but I have no problem playing the WB videos, etc thru
The website or on the On Demand app, using low quality. I have no problem playing Live thru the website using
The low quality version. The newer ones will play in the app, even tho' I see the high quality (I understand what
You are saying) and seem to play ok. And I'm not sure how far back I would have to go to where they are not
Playing and I get the sorry, an error occurred message. I randomly picked some, one I know was the Senior Fitness. Why will some play and some won't? On an iPad Air with IOS 9, that app will crash doing exactly what
The other poster described. On the "newest" iPad with IOS 10, is the one I can get some of the newer classes to
Play.

Ok more testing...back as far as Vertical Loading 11/3/16 plays.....Rhythm Ride 6/2/16 will not and it seems older
Than that one will not play. Understand I didn't test each and every one, but am trying to zero in on when they
Aren't playing...this is on the new iPad with IOS 10. I reinstalled the app on the iPad air with IOS 9 and it still
Crashes...the OnDemand app works great on both of these iPads I am talking about.

We too see a problem on our iPad Air with "Rhythm Ride 6/2/16" . In our case "Rhythm Ride 6/2/16" stalls shortly after the workout begins generating an error message, but then resumes and plays fine.

We've also seen the following confirmed bugs:

1. Older generation 3 iPads crash when trying to launch the App. This may effect 4th generation iPads too, but we don't have one of these to test with.
2. On an iPhone 7 all of the videos seem to play fine except the six oldest videos. This is an IBM error (they are the streaming provider we use).

Currently we're thinking this is an IBM error. They have released a bunch of edits this last week for what they call their "Trim & Edit" tool. This tool is what we use to trim the excess off the beginning and end of the videos. We know the IPhone 7 errors previously mentioned are caused by this tool not working correctly. This may also be causing many of the other errors too. We've been in contact with IBM today and they have assigned an engineer to look at this, but with Memorial Day weekend just around the corner this may not get fixed until next week.

Also, we can't yet rule out that some of these errors are caused by something in the app. We will be taking a look at the log files tomorrow and also continue reading everyone's posts here. It would be helpful if everyone can give specific videos, like you have done, that they can or can't play and also tell us what generation of iPad you're using and its iOS. Thanks for everyone's help.

This app is great and looks amazing! Like mentioned above the equipment and favorite tab is AWESOME!! Question...when will the most recent live be added and will there be a delay for the most current? Just asking for planning my workouts. Thank you for this app so exciting!

I'm glad to help, if I can, cause I am "addicted" to all this stuff. The OnDemand app on the ipad works perfect, even better, on the new ipad.
I did again try "Senior Fitness" thru the app and again, won't play, but then signed out, closed the app, and went to CatheLive thru the website,
as always, and brought it up again, low quality, and it started with no problems, so it definitely seems like it's the app or something within it.
If I remember correctly, it seems like somewhere in the Sept. 2016 classes, is where they won't play for me, at least. It's a shame that this app
didn't go as flawless as the other one, oh well. I tend to use the Workout Blender more than CatheLive, and I hope you will continue to post
Low Quality under the website Cathe Live as well. As time permits, I will be glad to continue to check the older ones and this time, write them
down to let you know, I also want to try and do a class from 2017 on, cause those seem to start fine, to make sure the "speed thing" is working
as you said it does, adapting to the user's speed. It seems to, but I am really curious about that, cause as a rule, the low quality does perfect
for me the other way and it seems a lot of users need to use the low quality too, from different posts I have read.

I think I found the place where they stop playing.....Sweat, Jump & Pump 10/13/16 plays and random ones since
That date start up, but Old School Cardio on 9/29/16 will not play and ones older than 9/29/16 won't start up.
Hope that helps. Also, when the video is on the screen, the backwards arrow on the upper left side is very hard
To get it to work. I tend to have to keep pushing on it to get it to work. Maybe I am wearing it out ! :)

FYI: I have a 4th generation iPad running IOS 10.3.2 and the app crashes when launched. However, the app works on my iPhone 5s running IOS 10.3.2.

NinjaMom, hi, have you tried to play a CatheLive older than 9/29/16 and does it work for you?

I tried Rhythm Ride 6/2/16 and Total Body Tone Up 12/17/15 and both played for the few minutes I streamed them. I'm going to do Rhythm Ride for my workout so I'll let you know if I run into any issues while playing the entire workout.

Thanks, so I went back to the old one, Total Body Toneup, and tried again, the error message came up, and I
Just sit and waited, it went thru the error message 3 times, and then finally the video started! Again,though, there
Isn't this kind of delay on the newer workouts, like from Oct. 2016 on, they seem to start right away.

I'm back! Just finished watching Quick Fix cardio from a few weeks ago and it played perfectly. No delay in
Starting, etc...after that I went to an older one, Upper body with ball, and I only got the error message once, and
Then it started. So maybe they are working on it. Things might be looking up :)

OK, I played Rhythm Ride on my iPhone 5s. I first got the error code so I killed the app and went back in. It played all the way to the end except for a few disconnections which automatically reconnected at the point it left off. Not sure if that was caused by my wifi connection or the app. I sure hope they can fix the app so it will work on my iPad as I like having a bigger screen.

Ok so it is there now! Did I miss it or was there a delay?!!!
the app uses the same database as the website, so as soon as you see the new video on the website it will also be on the app. You just have to make sure to refresh the app.

OK, I played Rhythm Ride on my iPhone 5s. I first got the error code so I killed the app and went back in. It played all the way to the end except for a few disconnections which automatically reconnected at the point it left off. Not sure if that was caused by my wifi connection or the app. I sure hope they can fix the app so it will work on my iPad as I like having a bigger screen.
We see pretty much the same thing. The Rhythm Ride video pauses after about 10 seconds into the workout and displays an error message... and then after a few seconds continues playing and seems fine. We currently thin this is related to the "Trim/Edit" problem in the IBM player. We think once IBM fixes this issue this problem may go away, but we will have to wait for IBM to get back to us before we can say for sure.

Tech flunky here...... so I was able to get the app on my iPhone and I have the Chrome thing on my tv. My phone recognizes the tv but it won't stream. What am I doing or not doing? I can play a video on my phone but it's not coming up on my tv. Also, I usually play Cathe live via my tablet. Can I put the app on my tablet? I like the layout of the app over what I have now which is.....hope the internet comes up, search, pick, search again. The only app i can find via my tablet is Cathe on demand. I LOVE the favorites tab too! Nice!

Hi tlc93,

You can't use Chromecast with the iOS Cathe Live app as the IBM player we use for Cathe Live doesn't support Chromecast. To stream to your TV you would need Apple TV and then use Airplay. You can also just use a cable and connect directly to your TV from from your iOS mobile device.

Hi tlc93,
We haven't released our Cathe Live Android app yet, but we're working on it. You will need the Android version to play it on your Samsung Galaxy tablet.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.